Audition For My Upgrading Budget HT Setup.

devagates

Hi to all,

Im new to this forum and this forum has lot of informations about A/V Systems. the members here in this forum was absolutely everyone were amazing. Went through various threads and posts in Hi-Fi Vision. It takes me very long to get all the threads to go through and i had many useful informations about A/V Systems. This forum really helps me to upgrade my Old Home Theatre setup.

Thanks for everyone in this forum for there useful informations.

My old home theatre system is an sony basic 5.1 and the package includes an Amp with built-in DVD Player, 5 fullrange sat speakers and a 6" Passive sub. Using this setup for almost 5 years and now im going to upgraded this setup with separates like AVR, DVD Player, 5.1 Speakers.

I went through the forum in search for several good models to consider.

I decided and finalized on Denon 1311 AVR MRP.24900/-

My budget for speakers is 25K to max 30K. I have auditioned below 5 speaker models at different showrooms in Chennai and waiting to audition the last model from craftel. The dealer said that the center speaker of HT package is in design progress, so I have to wait until it arrives.

The shortlisted speakers Package :

1) Paradigm CT 70 5.1 consists of 4 x 3-1/2 2-way sats 40watts RMS, dual 3-1/2 2-way center 50watts RMS and 8 100watts RMS front firing active subwoofer. MRP.39000/- after discount Rs.37000/- (Showroom Grand Cinema, Chennai)

2) Paradigm CT 90 5.1 consists of 2 x 3-1/2 2-way sats 40watts RMS, 2 x 3-1/2 2-way ADP surrounds, dual 3-1/2 2-way center 50watts RMS and 10 120watts RMS front firing active subwoofer. MRP. 49000/- after discount Rs. 47000/- (Showroom Grand Cinema, Chennai)

3) Boston Acoustics CS2310 5.1 consists of 4 x 3-1/2 2-way mini bookshelf speakers 120watts RMS max input, 10 100watts RMS down firing subwoofer. MRP. 32000/- after discount Rs. 30000/-

4) Craftel Leather 5.1 consists of 4 x 4 2-way bookshelf speakers 50watts RMS, dual 4 3-way center 60watts RMS, 12 180watts RMS down firing passive subwoofer and a Subwoofer amplifier 120watts RMS. MRP. 29000/- after discount Rs. 27400/- (Showroom Audio Galaxy, Chennai)

5) Craftel Mini Toga UMTS 5.1 consists of 2 x 4 2-way Mini Toga Bookshelf speakers, 2 x 4 2-way (UMTS) Unparalled Mini Theatre Surrounds, single 2-way center and 10 120watts RMS front firing active subwoofer. MRP. 27000/- after discount Rs. 25000/- (Showroom Audio Galaxy, Chennai)

I like Paradigm CT70 speakers sound but the subwoofer low punch has not enough for me and its very normal for the price bracket of 37K.

The Paradigm CT90 impressed me ahead of CT70 in the subwoofer department and in the surround areas, where it has dipoles, but the price 47K was more than my budget.

Boston acoustics CS2310 and Paradigm CT90 were in equal output in all leagues except in low frequency department some times the Boston sub has the edge in it.

And Craftel Leather 5.1 HT Package has the same level output as the CS2310 and Paradigm CT90, where here the Craftel subwoofer has huge amount of low frequency than the above two models which i was expecting. The subwoofer amp itself has some connectivity options like 1 or 2 passive subwoofers can be added, it has low level line input and low level line output to connect active subwoofers, it also has crossover frequency switch at 80hz and 120hz, polarity switch, low and hi input switch, direct in on/off switch and the amp has 4 ohms to 8 ohms supportive impedance for the subwoofers, this features missed in the above all brand subwoofers. Also, if I need to buy a second sub, a 12 sub will not cost more than 6K. The sub amp can take any size passive subwoofers from 6 to 15.

There is 3 sub woofer amplifier lineup 65w Sub Amp, 120w Sub Amp, 220w Sub amp. I auditioned 120w Sub Amp. And the Craftel Mini Toga UMTS 5.1 is the new model and the center channel is in design progress. So cant able to audition it. The dealer said it will be in demo next week. But im very much interested to see and hear the (UMTS) Unparalled Mini Theatre Surrounds.

Any suggestions from our forum members and experts.

Thanks,
devagates

The prices quoted to you for paradigm brand are very high. The paradigm 110 ct cinema package would come for 46 or 47 k after discount. Also you can audition deftech pro cinema 600/800 series.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back