Audyssey MIC not working

shaunik

Hi All,

Equipment : Denon 1713, Speakers : Wharfedale 70+.

Yesterday planned to recalibrate my speakers and took out the audyssey microphone. Plugged it in and it detected however when doing the test I am getting the error message "Speaker/Microphone not detected". When I try to twist or keep the MIC it works for sometime but again fails. Hence, audyssey MIC is not working.

Question:
1) Does anybody know where to get a replacement in Bangalore and the cost for the mic?

2) I have calibrated speakers manually(Distances,level,individual crossovers). Do I need to calibrate the 9 band EQ as well? Can I let it be default? Will it improve the SQ if I tweak the EQ?

3) I am a bit confused with speaker specs and I adjusted the crossovers manually can anybody confirm the right settings for the below specs:

Main/Surrounds:
Frequency range@ -6db : 120 - 20k
Xover Frequency: 3k
Frequency Fb: 110Hz

Center:
Frequency range@ -6db : 70 - 20k
Xover Frequency: 2k
Frequency Fb: 70Hz

Sub:
Boundary position: 28-170Hz
Xover Frequency: 70-170Hz

Settings in Denon:

LPF for LFE : 120 Hz
Individual crossovers:
Mains/Surround: 100 Hz
Center: 80Hz

Can I have some suggestions based on the above speaker specs?

Thanks

Pro fx service centre should be able to help with the mic.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Hi

The MIC port could be dusty as not used for along time, try cleaning it (cotton bud) and attempt the setup again......

Tried that but no luck. I connected the MIC to the DSLR and I could see the voice dropping off in between. So for sure the MIC has a lose wire.

Any idea on pricing of the MIC? Can I do without it and set it up manually.

If anyone can suggests settings based on the specs, I can try them out.

Thanks.

Hi

Manual setup can be done and for that you need to thoroughly read the owners manual, i do the audyssey setup and after that manual tweaking as our dedicated listening areas are part of the larger home we stay in which has furniture and oddly shaped.

Most of the time audyssey will not give accurate results due to the home drawback and hence manual tweaking is required.

Hey Guys
I am having a similar issue with denon x6200 throwing error - :
Microphone and speaker not connected ..
I tried testing microphone my connecting to laptop and it works fine.
Due to this i am not able to do Audyssey calibration even when i place the mic dead close to speakers.
BTW i have a - big hall where this setup is and following speaker combination.
4 front speakers (2 polk rti a7 {large} + 2 jbl 530 studio{midsize} )
2 front height (polk t15)
1 sub - polk DSW 660
2 Rti A4 surround back (not connected)
1 CSA4 center speaker (not connected)

when audyssey starts and detects the sub first it is not able to get proper db results at all. And then does the same for others as it is not able to listen anything.
I am able to hear test tone from all speakers and did manual calibration for which i am not expert and trust audyssey more.
The firmware is updated to latest and the unit has been restarted many times.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back