Audyssey MultEQ Editor App

Np..Thanks..

Hi I turned the crossover knob of sub to maximum and phase to zero. There's significant improvement in sound now. The volume knob on sub is still at 9 O'clock position. Bass is sounding deep now. I had to reduce sub volume in settings.
If you refer to my sub photo which I posted couple of days back, you will see 4 little switches. Do you have those kind controls on your sub? Are they correctly set?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi I turned the crossover knob of sub to maximum and phase to zero. There's significant improvement in sound now. The volume knob on sub is still at 9 O'clock position. Bass is sounding deep now. I had to reduce sub volume in settings.

Looks the crossover on the sub was holding the LFE from AVR.. Best to keep it to full always since you are using the crossover in the AVR to control the low freq..

If you refer to my sub photo which I posted couple of days back, you will see 4 little switches. Do you have those kind controls on your sub?

You sub seems to have lot of features.. My subs don't have any like this.. Other than the usual controls (Volume knob, phase & crossover), there is a standy/on switch..

Are they correctly set?

1) Music/AV - you have already set it to AV.. So leave it like that.
2) Phase invert - 0/180 - Don't know much.. But keep it to '0'
3) Auto on - Set it to High
4) Speaker type - Sealed/Vented - Think this refer to your front speaker.. Your FS is vented, so keep it vented..

Also check your sub manual for detailed explanation..

Looks the crossover on the sub was holding the LFE from AVR.. Best to keep it to full always since you are using the crossover in the AVR to control the low freq..

You sub seems to have lot of features.. My subs don't have any like this.. Other than the usual controls (Volume knob, phase & crossover), there is a standy/on switch..

1) Music/AV - you have already set it to AV.. So leave it like that.

2) Phase invert - 0/180 - Don't know much.. But keep it to '0'

3) Auto on - Set it to High

4) Speaker type - Sealed/Vented - Think this refer to your front speaker.. Your FS is vented, so keep it vented..

Also check your sub manual for detailed explanation..

Hi I can try with phase invert and Auto on settings. These settings were set by dealer when I had Yamaha AVR. Didn't change after connecting with Marantz AVR.

I always felt Audyssey calibration saps away the energry in the mid bass region and also adds a tad bit of brightness to the vocals, can you try direct mode to see if you like it ?
The midrange is more thin with Audyssey on.
I prefer direct mode to Audyssey any day.

If you are lacking bass it is mainly due to phase issues, try changing phase at different values, say at 0, then 90 and 180, see which setting integrates better, if there is a cancellation the bass will be lesser.

If you have a RTA Mic you can use it to check for phase cancellation at the crossover point.

If Audysey measures the wrong values for distance, you can still correct them, measure the distances and input them manually to the AVR.
There are instances for me atleast, when i measured multiple time, i keep getting different values, i do not find Audyssey to be the perfect solution, it needs manual intervention .

Probably it works better in an acoustically treated room.

Thanks for your valuable inputs. Yeah I can try and see how it sounds in direct mode.
I'm trying phase at different values. I got bit confused today after playing some movies at 0 phase. Bass sounded too loud while playing Bollywood movies and less while playing Hollywood movies.
I don't have RTA mic. Can I use RTA app instead? I use SPL meter app for measuring sound level. I think it's quite accurate.
Yeah for distances and levels, I have adjusted manually.
My HT room is acoustically treated.

Hi did you edit randomly to your liking or there is any rule which needs serious editing?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I did audyssey app calibration to my denon x3300. I notice soo much change in quality now. My surrounds perform much better and the problem of imbalanced mid/surround whatever settings I used is now gone. I'm so satisfied.

The audioholics guy had mentioned that the curve editor is the nicest feature from audyssey. He wrote he would consider swapping his current avr for the ones with audyssey

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Before graph in app always shows same graph.

1. Calibrate using AVR ( Do not use App ).
2. Calibrate using App.
3. Check before and after graph.
4. Send curve data to AVR.
5. Calibrate using App.
6. Check before and after graph.

Before graph shown at step #3 and #6 are same.

However I was expecting at #6, before graph should show after graph at step #3.

1. Calibrate using AVR ( Do not use App ).
2. Calibrate using App.
3. Check before and after graph.
4. Send curve data to AVR.
I calibrated 3 listening position with Audyssey android app yesterday (only step 1-4). I can see good improvement without me manually modifying.

All speakers set to "Small"
Subwoofer: LFE+Main - 100Hz
Front - 40Hz
Center- 110Hz
Surround - 110Hz
Top Middle - 90Hz
Should I change the cross over ?
For action movies my comfortable listening volume is ~50%.

Once uploaded the data to AVR, I did a refund for the App. Should I buy the app or leave it as of now, considering I am satisfied with the output. ?

Subwoofer: LFE+Main

It is best to keep the bass management to LFE.. If it is LFE + Main, both mains and subwoofer are producing the same freq..

Front - 40Hz

Should I change the cross over ?

For the rest, it looks fine.. But why such a low crossover for mains?.. 80Hz is recommended for movies.. Should work for music too..

Once uploaded the data to AVR, I did a refund for the App. Should I buy the app or leave it as of now, considering I am satisfied with the output. ?

I would say keep it.. Think it is abt Rs 1,300 i guess.. You can try tweaking later to see what it offers..

It is best to keep the bass management to LFE.. If it is LFE + Main, both mains and subwoofer are producing the same freq..

For the rest, it looks fine.. But why such a low crossover for mains?.. 80Hz is recommended for movies.. Should work for music too..

I would say keep it.. Think it is abt Rs 1,300 i guess.. You can try tweaking later to see what it offers..
I will check if LFE vs LFE+main today. App cost about rs1600 now. May be once I understand more about the app and changes I can do, I will go ahead with the purchase.
Yeah, 40Hz seems low. I am not sure why. But my fronts are not so good in terms of design I feel.

FRONT SPEAKERS (S-RS3TB)
Enclosure . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Bass-reflex floorstanding type
(magnetically shielded)
Configuration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3-way
Woofer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16 cm cone x1
Passive radiator . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16 cm cone x1
Mid-range loudspeaker . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7.7 cm cone x1
Tweeter . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .2.6 cm semi-dome x1
Impedance . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .8 Ω
Frequency response . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .50 Hz to 20 kHz
Sensitivity . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 88.5 dB (2.83 V)
Maximum input power . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150 W

download.jpg
Passive radiator is positioned in the top, height wise mid range / tweeter is bit low I believe.

Yup..

If this was set during Audyssey calibration, then you can change it to 80Hz..

Ok.. Is this Pioneer FS ?..

Quick question about my config @elanogas

Polk S15 bookshelves
Polk S110 SW
Jamo E 8CEN.2 center

Settings i've used:

Front and center set to Small.
Front - 80Hz
Center- 90Hz
SW - 80Hz

Should i play around with the settings further?

Back