Audyssey MultEQ Editor App

VRavichandar

If you own a supported Denon or Marantz A/V receiver, you now have more control over your setup and sound thanks to a new app.

The Audyssey MultEQ software used by Denon and Marantz makes setting up A/V receivers from either company a breeze. Thats great if youre looking for a set-it-and-forget it-system, but some home theater enthusiasts want more control over their systems. For this type of person, the companies have announced a new Audyssey MultEQ Editor app that allows for much more fine-tuned control.

The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app enables users to enjoy reference sound that is free of room acoustics problems and also apply their own listening preferences, Audyssey Laboratories CTO Chris Kyriakakis said in a statement. We are very pleased to be working closely with Denon and Marantz to deliver this unique capability for fine-tuning these AV receivers.

When Audyssey first runs, it measures the size, type and configuration of speakers used, as well as the acoustic response of the room, then automatically tweaks settings for the best response. Denon and Marantz say that the new MultEQ Editor app allows users to go under the hood, adjusting every setting that is touched by the automatic setup process.

This doesnt just mean adjusting EQ though that can be done, including enabling or disabling midrange compensation for a brighter or mellower sound. You can also examine the speaker layout detected by the setup process and tweak it, based on your own preferences or to correct for any unusual speaker placement, which is a fairly common occurrence since living rooms arent often designed with an A/V-first mentality. Before making changes, the software allows you to save calibration results, so you dont have to worry about being stuck with any changes you make.

Currently supported Denon A/V receiver models include the AVR-X6300H, AVR-X4300H, AVR-X3300W, AVR-X2300W, AVR-X1300W, AVR-S930H, AVR-S730H, AVR-S920W, and AVR-S720W. Supported Marantz models include the AV7703, SR7011, SR6011, SR5011, and NR1607. Older receivers not on this list likely wont support the app, though some future releases from both companies will.

The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app sells for $20 and is available for both iOS and Android devices.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audyssey-multeq-editor-app/id1210584625?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmholdings.AudysseyMultEq&hl=en

From Apple store description

The latest Denon Marantz audio video products use Audyssey MultEQ for simple, accurate set-up calibration of your system to the room in which its used. But, now you can go further with the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, going under the hood to view and adjust settings for detailed tuning allowing you to customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room, and tailor the sound to your personal preferences. With this comprehensive app, you can harness the power of Audyssey MultEQ to take total control of the way your home cinema sounds.

This app will allow you to:
View the speaker detection results, to check correct installation
View before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, making it easy to identify room problems.
Edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes
Adjust the overall EQ frequency rolloff for each channel pair
Switch between 2 high frequency rolloff target curves
Enable/Disable midrange compensation to make the sound brighter or smoother
Save and load calibration results

The two most useful features are ability to shape the frequency response target curve to your personal preference AND the ability to roll off the equalization/correction at a frequency of your choosing.

The latter is helpful in separating "room correction" from "speaker correction". Loudspeakers typically radiate sound omni-directionally like a lantern in the bass range but start to beam more like a flashlight in the treble. So with low frequencies, you're mostly listening to room interaction (reflected sound), whereas with high frequencies, you're listening more to the direct sound from the speaker.

It's usually a good idea to equalize unwanted room interactions, like large peaks & dips in the bass range. But once you transition to higher frequencies where there is much less interaction with the room and you're mostly listening to the speaker, equalization can be hit or miss. If your speakers are well behaved above the transition range and you like how they sound, then there might not be any good reason to equalize their response in the higher frequencies.

So it is helpful that the new app allows you to experiment with where in the frequency range you want the equalization to stop (not a hard stop, but a roll off). This way, you still get to do room correction (fix big peaks & dips) without being forced to do speaker correction (especially if you really like the sound of your speakers). Before the app, it was all or nothing. With the app, you're in control.

It's very good,unfortunately they have given this features to 2017 models only.if they release Some firmware updates for older model it will be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The models listed in the first post are all 2016 models. 2017 models haven't been announced yet.

Having got the AVR recently and support for this app, will try it for sure..Definitely a learning curve..

PS : This app seems to be incompatible with my Android phone (Yu Yureka +, Android v 4.4.4) think which is because it is 2GB RAM phone :sad:

From the google play store on the mobile requirement

* This application does not support smartphones of less than 2GB RAM capacity.

Having got the AVR recently and support for this app, will try it for sure..Definitely a learning curve..

PS : This app seems to be incompatible with my Android phone (Yu Yureka +, Android v 4.4.4) think which is because it is 2GB RAM phone :sad:

From the google play store on the mobile requirement

Time to upgrade your phone :lol::D

fixing these curves, can common man be able to do ? for e.g., can this thread be used for people to share their curves so that others can pitch in what corrections are required to be made?

fixing these curves, can common man be able to do ?

Not sure how much customization the application offers..But yes, it will be learning process to make a better system..

for e.g., can this thread be used for people to share their curves so that others can pitch in what corrections are required to be made?

Yes..Will be good..

Am yet to calibrate my system.. Will do shortly & share the settings here..

Paid 1,500 for the app on playstore, calibrated my system yesterday, hard wired the AVR with Ethernet, but the mobile app refuses to connect to Denon AVR x3300..:sad:

Am i missing any setting in the AVR?

Simplest things that pop into my mind which you would have verified
3300 is connected to the network - verify that before you try connecting through the app.
phone is connected to the same network.
wireless streaming through media server works
close all the other running apps on the phone and keep the screen timeout to max (not allow the phone to sleep).

Simplest things that pop into my mind which you would have verified
3300 is connected to the network - verify that before you try connecting through the app.
phone is connected to the same network.
wireless streaming through media server works
close all the other running apps on the phone and keep the screen timeout to max (not allow the phone to sleep).

I have verified that in the network settings on the AVR..

I tried setting the not to sleep for 10 mins, also cleared all recent apps.. but still, unsuccessful..

There was an update to Audyssey MultEQ app and finally it detected my AVR.. Buggy app..

I had calibrated my system before i downloaded the app, because of which am not able to view any of the speaker response before & after Audyssey calibration..

Looks like i need to calibrate the system again with mobile app to view/edit response..

Anyone else tried ?

Need to calibrate system using mobile app. We can see frequency response for each speaker before n after adjustment. Also we can edit output curve as we like. Attaching some screenshots for reference
33f0e47a381238d3d0199d28d15b40af.jpg
cdf32535d627d3ac3a4a9a964d723cde.jpg
796e6fbb96aaf4a7eb9bff451b07ca5f.jpg
ee79c0df62eb8bb44537265cf81d29d1.jpg
a79e5043a5ac522c4401260606b90152.jpg
40a08cab9e7c85f6c560f100f0b9c579.jpg
5c9d4be226d86a554a39845753afe1d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need to calibrate system using mobile app. We can see frequency response for each speaker before n after adjustment. Also we can edit output curve as we like.

Thanks for sharing the results..Some Q for clarity..
- I don't see a sub in the images?
- What is the crossover?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back