Automatic vs Isolated step down

Hi,
Last Saturday I went to Lajpat Rai Market and bought myself an Automatic Step Down transformer for 1000 watts or 1 KVA. It costed me 3100 Rs. The 1.5 KVA was there for 4100. I opted for this as my AVR would consume 450 Watts and if I buy a powered Sub, another 250Watts at peak. So I will still have another 250 watts unused.

It works nice, no humming noise. Just a click sound when you switch on the power supply, guess thats a feature of stablizers and transformers when you pass current thru them. Nothing annoying or unbearable.

I am yet to buy and then plug in speakers to my set up. Will inform more about the transformer then....

Hi,
Last Saturday I went to Lajpat Rai Market and bought myself an Automatic Step Down transformer for 1000 watts or 1 KVA. It costed me 3100 Rs. The 1.5 KVA was there for 4100. I opted for this as my AVR would consume 450 Watts and if I buy a powered Sub, another 250Watts at peak. So I will still have another 250 watts unused.

It works nice, no humming noise. Just a click sound when you switch on the power supply, guess thats a feature of stablizers and transformers when you pass current thru them. Nothing annoying or unbearable.

I am yet to buy and then plug in speakers to my set up. Will inform more about the transformer then....

Congrats on your purchase and thanks for sharing the info... I am yet to buy one for my AVR...:( not able to find a dealer for isolated one in Mumbai and thinking whether i should buy Automatic ...

I guess i will wait a few more days... so that i can hear more from you about your step down and then decide...

Please do keep sharing your experiance :)

Regards,
Naren

Been using Guru one for past 10 days with No issues, Initially the sub back plate got heated for 2 days but now there is no heating what so ever.

I am very happy with purchase. The small transformer for 50 W is for Blu - ray player and is performing the same.

1.5 KV - 4100 Rs
50 W- 570 Rs.

Been using Guru one for past 10 days with No issues, Initially the sub back plate got heated for 2 days but now there is no heating what so ever.

I am very happy with purchase. The small transformer for 50 W is for Blu - ray player and is performing the same.

1.5 KV - 4100 Rs
50 W- 570 Rs.

Is Guru a brand name or model name? and is it an isolated or automatic step down ?

Vertex is selling a isolation type step down with inbuilt vertex stabilizer.

People looking for Stepdown and Stabilizer can look in to this one device option. :)

Vertex is selling a isolation type step down with inbuilt vertex stabilizer.

People looking for Stepdown and Stabilizer can look in to this one device option. :)

Thanks for sharing the info i found their website from google and called their mumbai dealer to enquire about 1kv isolated step down without staiblizer he said it will cost 7-8K INR and he will call me in some to give final price.

Isnt 7-8K INR too expensive for a step down :sad:

thats the same price i got from Guru Transformers as well.

6-6.5K for a Isolation type 1KVA

9-9.5K for a Isolation type 1.5KVA

Friends,

Although theoretically Isolated transformers are safer than Auto transformers but since they are expensive and more importantly since I have not found any one who has had or who knows some on who has had any problem with the Auto Transformers I am deciding to go with an Auto transformer from a good brand ( Maxine) of a 1KV capacity.

Its gonna cost 2700 in Mumbai.

Thanks for everyones help with my decision for the Step down !!

Regards,
Naren

@naren, Maxine quoted 3200 from Chennai and you got it for 2700 from the Mumbai dealer? Did the Chennai price include shipping? How much did they quote for shipping?

@naren, Maxine quoted 3200 from Chennai and you got it for 2700 from the Mumbai dealer? Did the Chennai price include shipping? How much did they quote for shipping?

I got the quote from mumbai.. i have told him to arrange one piece for me so havent paid for it yet.. may be he has given me price without tax and shipping.. so let me meet him next week when he has promised me the delivery and i will double check the price and let you know abt same..!

Seems like the price is including shipping. I checked the prices this week in Ritchie street and it is Rs.2450 for 1 KVA (Maxine).

Seems like the price is including shipping. I checked the prices this week in Ritchie street and it is Rs.2450 for 1 KVA (Maxine).

Yes. I just bought mine.

Rs 2450 is the price of the unit. VAT is Rs. 98 and I was charged Rs302 for shipping to Calcutta. Total Rs. 2850.

Superfast delivery - in 2 days. Received it an hour back.

Have been using the Maxine 1kva for 2 days now. 5-6 hours of continuous usage - and it doesn't even get warm, let alone hot.

Build quality is good and is pretty slim, hence easy to hide-away behind the media cabinet.

Have been using the Maxine 1kva for 2 days now. 5-6 hours of continuous usage - and it doesn't even get warm, let alone hot.

Build quality is good and is pretty slim, hence easy to hide-away behind the media cabinet.

I am yet to get mine but seems like we made a smart choice !! :)

Hi, i have ordered the Onkyo 609 from GEB, same has been shipped from USA :yahoo: , looking for 1 KVA stepdown transformer, please send me the contact detail of mumbai dealer

thanks

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back