Auzentech Hometheater HD

pungan

Anyone in India have Auzentech Hometheater HD.
I am looking this to replace my Creative X-FI titanium card.

hthdpackage_total_lg.jpg

IMG_3427_lg.jpg

IMG_3496_lg.jpg

Last edited:
hello pungan..
I have been waiting for someone to start a thread on this card and I'm glad you did that. I'm also looking forward to buy a good sound card for my HTPC which can send loseless audio bitstreaming to my AVR. Thing is I'm struck btwn Azuntech HTHD and ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3. My question is which one s better? Asus released their card like a while ago but I dunno why people waited so long and desperately for this Azun card, whats so special abt this card anyways ? I agree that in gaming, azun has an upperhand over asus due to its EAX 5.0 support but if yu aint much of a gamer, is this card worth the extra bucks ??

hello pungan..
I have been waiting for someone to start a thread on this card and I'm glad you did that. I'm also looking forward to buy a good sound card for my HTPC which can send loseless audio bitstreaming to my AVR. Thing is I'm struck btwn Azuntech HTHD and ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3. My question is which one s better? Asus released their card like a while ago but I dunno why people waited so long and desperately for this Azun card, whats so special abt this card anyways ? I agree that in gaming, azun has an upperhand over asus due to its EAX 5.0 support but if yu aint much of a gamer, is this card worth the extra bucks ??

On paper Azuntech HTHD looks much more stronger, the card has been released. For normal music listening , watching DVD movie card is working fine but as far as bit streaming (DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD) is concerned people are having difficulties, right now in another forum people are discussing about it.
Asus HDAV 1.3 has been released more than year ago, now drivers are stable and able to bit-stream (but I have not tested). its also cheaper compared to auzentech HTHD. if one wants only HDMI (no analog out) then HDAV slim is released few months back.

Its brand reputation, Auzentech has good reputation in sound card field. quality of the product is considered one of the best, So people were waiting for it.

If one is into HTPC and Gaming then Auzentech HTHD is the card but having some problem now, i am also watching how things are developing. once the driver and power dvd issues are sorted out i will get this card.
If one is not into gaming then Asus HDAV 1.3 looks tempting.

Hope Auzentech/cyberlink rectifies all the problems then this card will be very popular.

By the way, which sound card you are using now?.

ohhh cool! Asus sounds pretty OK for me :clapping: but my brother would kill me if I don't consider gaming :argue: . Guess i have to wait a few more days till i hear some good reviews abt Azun. Right now i'm using "Creative USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround Sound 5.1" for all my comps in my home including HTPC and i'm completely happy with it till now. But now i'm in the process of upgrading my HTPC and looking for the best ones out there . :yahoo:

Last edited:
I dont the current price . but last time when i checked it was around 9,000 to 10000 rupees.

Should be available at 8K or less. Check with dealers.

I have seen the pricing range around 7.5 - 8.5 K. 10K is too high for retail pricing.

Thanks guys.

Say 8k. Add a HDMI GPU and a BD drive 8 + 6(?). And I think you need HDCP certified components to play a BD on a PC. This comes dangerously close to a stand alone BDP's price point.:sad:

Yes, very true but now u get ATI 5870 which does 8 channel LPCM and it helps in regular gaming. PS3 does smooth gaming and acceptable upscaling besides so many things.

And these players , BD drives will not match upto regular players, not good value for their prices, atleast now.

If its only movies Oppo BD is the best bet:clapping:

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back