av 123??????

manu4panjab

hey brothers

has anyone heard about av123 mfw 15 subwoofer which is around 500 dollars on discount its actual price is 700 dollars in noraml black colours price increase if we buy other colours like rosewood,moho satin,real wood

and also if we buy two 15 inch mfw subwoofer then they cost around 900 dollars on discount actual price 1200 dollars

for me i think its proper bargain i mean if two cost 900 and if we import it from us the nmay be with custom price and extra extra its near about 1200 dollars and in indian rupees its cost aroun 60000 to 65000(because dollar price vary every day)

i heard great about it on avs forum
here's its spec
Type: Slot ported w/ internal fold; single-driver system
Driver: 15" custom designed woofer
Amplifier: Custom 350 watt
Voltage: 110/220V
Frequency Response: Ground Plane frequency response is 18-200Hz +/-4dB. Typical in-room response extends to 15-17Hz.
Inputs: Stereo high level input and output. Stereo low level and LFE input.
Phase Control: Variable 0-180
Size: (H x D x W): 23.94" x 22.44" x 18.125"
Weight: 125lbs shipped
Other Features: Gain, crossover adjustments (40Hz - 150Hz), auto / on / standby mode.
Warranty: 3 Year Warranty
here's picture(in real wood finish),its got great freuquency response at 15 hz in room
image.jpg

i have also emailed them for shipment and extra extra inquiry waiting for their reply though

waiting for your views guys :rolleyes:

Last edited:
From what I've read, that's a fantastic sub and not just for the price. I believe a few problems with their amps in the first batch has since been fixed. The finish on AV123 products are generally way better than what you could expect for the price and they have some of the best 'value for money' quotient in the business. They also hire some of the best designers for their products, which get extremely good reviews. However, here are some of the problems that you could face:

1. As far as I know, they do not have permit to export their products out of N.A. Unless you have someone in the US who could get it and re-ship it to you, which is going to be highly unlikely, you won't be able to get them. They were planning on an India distributor about a year ago, but I don't think that has happened or would happen any time soon.

2. If you've noticed, the weight of the subs are 125lbs. That's about 63 Kgs, EACH. The shipping for 2 subs weighing 64 Kgs. each would be real scary. And to top it up, I believe the customs duty is levied on the aggregate of the value of the product AND the shipping cost. Even if the shipping don't kill you, the customs duty will.

Well, if none of these problems deter you and if you DO go for these monsters, you'd be treated to extremely high quality bass with your movies and the money would be well spent. Oh and you would most probably be looking at upgrading your other speakers...

From what I've read, that's a fantastic sub and not just for the price. I believe a few problems with their amps in the first batch has since been fixed. The finish on AV123 products are generally way better than what you could expect for the price and they have some of the best 'value for money' quotient in the business. They also hire some of the best designers for their products, which get extremely good reviews. However, here are some of the problems that you could face:

1. As far as I know, they do not have permit to export their products out of N.A. Unless you have someone in the US who could get it and re-ship it to you, which is going to be highly unlikely, you won't be able to get them. They were planning on an India distributor about a year ago, but I don't think that has happened or would happen any time soon.

2. If you've noticed, the weight of the subs are 125lbs. That's about 63 Kgs, EACH. The shipping for 2 subs weighing 64 Kgs. each would be real scary. And to top it up, I believe the customs duty is levied on the aggregate of the value of the product AND the shipping cost. Even if the shipping don't kill you, the customs duty will.

Well, if none of these problems deter you and if you DO go for these monsters, you'd be treated to extremely high quality bass with your movies and the money would be well spent. Oh and you would most probably be looking at upgrading your other speakers...

so what to do bro :sad:

Well, I'm not sure what you're system is and what exactly you're trying to improve but I for one would just try and get someone to build a sub for me with a good kit like the Rythmik...

Well, I'm not sure what you're system is and what exactly you're trying to improve but I for one would just try and get someone to build a sub for me with a good kit like the Rythmik...
i have all polk tsi series but like to upgrade my bass coz i'm bass fanatic:yahoo:
rythmik

never heard of it

please put some light on it and its specs too

Getting shipped those monsters, paying shipping charges, warranty problems, voltage converters, handling customs, lots of issues... do you want to go this route?

Why don't you audition Velodyne Subs as suggested by other members. Also you can try out JBL, JL subwoofers. I see these in most of the pubs and man they sound amazing.

Also what is your room length. Though the spec says it can go up to 18hz, i doubt if the sub would be able to produce such low frequency in your room measurement.

For veodyne subs contact 011-51603949

Also try monitor audio RSW12 Sub.

Getting shipped those monsters, paying shipping charges, warranty problems, voltage converters, handling customs, lots of issues... do you want to go this route?

Why don't you audition Velodyne Subs as suggested by other members. Also you can try out JBL, JL subwoofers. I see these in most of the pubs and man they sound amazing.

Also what is your room length. Though the spec says it can go up to 18hz, i doubt if the sub would be able to produce such low frequency in your room measurement.

For veodyne subs contact 011-51603949

Also try monitor audio RSW12 Sub.
my room measurements are 12 feet wide,10 feet high and 20 feet long

and about you talking about jl audio is it available in india

Manu, as I mentioned in another thread, Hsu is going to be represented in India very shortly. So it might make sense to wait for a little while.

Cheers

have you ever heard of uls 15 subwoofer from hsu and its also wireless :D

I do know about the ULS 15 that is available s a single, dual or quad drive models. My VTF 2 Mk 3 goes down officially to 18Hz, and has been measured to go down to 12 Hz. The ULS 15 officially goes down to 10Hz, and I would not be surprised if it touches 7 to 8 Hz in measurements. That will be one awesome sub, and if you get the dual or quad version, it will give you all the bass you are looking for.

Cheers

I do know about the ULS 15 that is available s a single, dual or quad drive models. My VTF 2 Mk 3 goes down officially to 18Hz, and has been measured to go down to 12 Hz. The ULS 15 officially goes down to 10Hz, and I would not be surprised if it touches 7 to 8 Hz in measurements. That will be one awesome sub, and if you get the dual or quad version, it will give you all the bass you are looking for.

Cheers

so brother do you bought your hsu sub from outside india

so brother do you bought your hsu sub from outside india

As I already told you I bought mine in Singapore and carried it as personal baggage. If you are looking at four subs, this will not be possible. You have to wait for the Indian distributor to sign up with Hsu Research.

Though you can import from AVS123 or Hsu by paying them online and giving your local address, such a step is wrought with dangers. One, the transportation costs will be horrendous, Second, once these companies hand over to a courier, their responsibility is over. Third, there is no guarantee the product will arrive undamaged. Fourth, you never know what the Customs will do unless you have some powerful contacts.

If you buy from a local distributor, you are assured of good delivery and absolved from all these hassles.

With such expensive and large items, it is better to buy form a local distributor.

Cheers

or, you can look at building your own?
You may find a local carpenter to do the wood work. There are lots of good designs available online. I am thinking of doing the same whenever I am ready to upgrade the sub. You can import drivers that should be relatively less heavy.
But it is difficult to get hold of a carpenter and find that much time in Delhi. Life is difficult here.

regards

or, you can look at building your own?
You may find a local carpenter to do the wood work. There are lots of good designs available online. I am thinking of doing the same whenever I am ready to upgrade the sub. You can import drivers that should be relatively less heavy.
But it is difficult to get hold of a carpenter and find that much time in Delhi. Life is difficult here.

regards

hey brother whenever you ready tell me how you do that then i do the same :)

As I already told you I bought mine in Singapore and carried it as personal baggage. If you are looking at four subs, this will not be possible. You have to wait for the Indian distributor to sign up with Hsu Research.

Though you can import from AVS123 or Hsu by paying them online and giving your local address, such a step is wrought with dangers. One, the transportation costs will be horrendous, Second, once these companies hand over to a courier, their responsibility is over. Third, there is no guarantee the product will arrive undamaged. Fourth, you never know what the Customs will do unless you have some powerful contacts.

If you buy from a local distributor, you are assured of good delivery and absolved from all these hassles.

With such expensive and large items, it is better to buy form a local distributor.

Cheers

you are right bro lets wait and watch when hsu is coming to india

HSU in India ?
Can you elaborate or point me to the link venkat ?

There are no links or such as of now. A company I know is negotiating with Hsu Research and will be announcing the distributorship shortly. We have to wait for confirmation.

Cheers

There are no links or such as of now. A company I know is negotiating with Hsu Research and will be announcing the distributorship shortly. We have to wait for confirmation.

Cheers

Great. This is something I am also looking forward to..:)) Keep us posted Venkat.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back