AV expo in Bangalore on 26-27-28th Jan 08

Anil kumar

The Hi-End Audio-Video & Professional Equipments Expo will be held at the Kanteerava Stadium. Pioneer will showcase their new product line up for 2008, Blue ray DVD Players, DVD Recorders, Home Theatre Amplifiers & Packages, Hifi Systems & Components, Speaker packages & DJ Equipments.

Brands : ADONIS, AMX, ANTHONY GALLO ACOUSTICS, ARCAM, ASOTA, ATHENA, AURAL, AUDIO BAHN, BANDRIDGE, BARCO, BENQ, BOSTON ACOUSTICS, BOWERS & WILKINS, BRIDGE, BUTTKICKER, CANTON, CANON, CERWIN VEGA, CHORD, CLASSE, CLIPSAL, COMPAQ, CREATIVE, CRESTRON, DAC AV CABLE, DENON, DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGIES, DIGITUS, DREAM VISION, DISH TV, DUB MAG AUDIO, DYNALITE, DYNAMAT, ELAN, ELS, ENERGY, EPSON, ESOTA, FOCAL AUDIO, FOCAL, GAMUT, GENX HOME, GHANZ, HAI, HANTARAX, harman/kardon, HELIX, HITACHI, HP, iAUDIO, INNOVATIONS, INFOCUS, JAMO, JBL, JBL MULTIMEDIA, JBL SYNTHESIS, JEFF ROWLAND, JVC, KEFF, KIMBER KABLE, KICKER, KLEGG, KLIPSCH, KODAK, KRELL, KRISHA, KRK, LAKOZY, LAB GRUPPEN, LEGACY, LG, LUTRON, MAGNEPAN, MANGNA PLANARS, MARANTZ, MARK LEVINSON, MARTIN LOGAN, MIRAGE, MISSION, MONITOR AUDIO, MOREL, MONSTER CABLE, MORDUNT SHORT, MTX, NAD, NAKAMICHI, NASH, NEC, NU FORCE, NUVO, ONKYO, OPUS, P. AUDIO, PANASONIC, PARASOUND, PARADIGM, PEARSON, PEAVEY, PHILIPS, PIONEER, PLAY, PLUS, POLK AUDIO, PREETI TRADING, PROJECTION DESIGN, PROFX, PSB, QED, QUAD, RAM AUDIO, RECLINER, REVOX, ROTEL, ROLAND, SAMSUNG, SENNHEISER, SHARP, SHUNYATA RESEARCH, SIM2, SLS, SONODYNE, RAINBOW, SEQUENCE DESIGN, SLS, SONY, SONY PLAYSTATION, SOUND X, SPACE, STEG, SUPRA, TANNOY, TCL, TELOME, TEAC, THETA, TIVOLI, TOSHIBA, UDG, UNIVERSAL, VANGUARD, VAN DEN HUL, VELODYNE, VESTAX, VIVANCO, VOGEL, VU, WESPRO, WHARFEDALE, WILSON AUDIO, WORLD TECH, WORLDSPACE, YAMAHA, YEPP, YP AUDIO, ZICOM & MANY OTHERS

I felt happy when turned my Times of India paper today.

Does anyone know about other new products on launch or any special offers during this expo...

thnx..vadiraj

:D:D its the first time im coming to Banglore...on 26 for admission in christ...i have never been to av expo....woooooooooooppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......:D:D

i was so tensed....coz i was bout to buy myself a new system w/o much demo....but nw...

BANGLORE HERE I COME....!!!!

Hi,

I visited the AV exhibition at the same venue in Bangalore last year.
It was just an exhibition. I mean you could see the speakers displayed but not hear them. Only a couple of vendors had enough space to connect the speakers to a receiver and allow a demo, mostly for home theater. There was a big queue on these booths.

Anyway, you get to talk to the vendors and see the products.

Thanks,
Sharad

I agree with Sharad.

The place is way too small for the expo. Last year all I could see on those days were dealers and organizers fighting over god knows what. Demo rooms were sad and the sales people reluctant. There were definitely some good exceptions but all together it was a mad-rush. Speakers were stalked one on top of the other, dealers were only interested in handing out leaflets and broshures; if you insist you might get a visitingcard.

It was so sad, that me and my friends end up explaining and answering lot of potential customers just because we were enthusiastic about this.

Compared to the Kantevara Indoor Stadium, the Chennai expo seems to look great.

Lets hope to see some good changes tomorrow!

Cheers.

Last edited:
I attended av expo in chennai in december.I went there with great expectations but it was a great dissapointment to me,many big names have been announced but not all of them participated,not many companies gave a demo,only three companies demoed their products but are of poor quality.I went there to gain some knowledge about av products but by the time i came out i felt it was just a waste of time.

That big list of Brand names...this is exactly how we were misled into wasting our time visiting the AV Expo in Delhi last Sept-none of the Hi End brands had any presence.
80 % of the displays were to sell LCD Tvs & HT systems.
For persons seriously interested in 2 channel Stereo-don't waste your time!

Dear All

I dont agree with the above quotes.

Audio/Video Expo isn't a process to provide Demo's.
You don't ask anyone in Auto Expo to give you a ride in there vehicle.
Right ???

Expo's are basically awareness Exhibitions, which aims to launch, brief, educate the public regarding the new and upcoming technologies, and models and yes price as well.
As day by day we are getting new technologies, what is the percentage of the community is aware of such things.
They are bound to take on whatever a good sales person, imposes them to take.

Ya, you can go to the expo shortlist some products and then you surely can have demo for the same at there showroom, and even can get the best deal there...
You can have bag full of catalogues and leaflets and can go through the offers, and technical specs.. and then can decide...

When you are hunting the best product for yourself, you need to do some homework for sure.
One cant expect the companies to come at there door steps and provide them the demo.

Anyways, if you require any assistant regarding LCDs, Plasmas, Conferencing Units, Speakers or Amplifiers and all, do let me know.

I got a handsome brand basket can offer you all your quality needs at an affordable price.

Brands Basket :
Hitachi, Sony, Dali, Monster, Sennheiser, Polycom, Aero and many more....

Thanks & Regards

Mridul Goel

...One cant expect the companies to come at there door steps and provide them the demo.

That day is not far my friend.

It?s just a matter of time. Right now the high-end AV market is still a niche one. But now we can see the pace with which it is growing, as more and more consumers become well informed, the competition will becomes tougher, am sure the stubborn dealers will literally go for home demos and in-house auditions!

The wiser ones had been doing it well in advance from a long time ago.

But yes, I agree that there are lot of limitations and constrains for the exhibitors and organizers during an expo.

Best regards.

That day is not far my friend.

It?s just a matter of time. Right now the high-end AV market is still a niche one. But now we can see the pace with which it is growing, as more and more consumers become well informed, the competition will becomes tougher, am sure the stubborn dealers will literally go for home demos and in-house auditions!

Hear, hear! Very well put, unleash_me. I could not agree more. Here's hoping this day is not too far away. :D

Hi FOlks,

I visited the AV expo on Saturday and was disappointed hugely to see a fully cluttered exhibition...:( I was expecting a lot from this expo, having visited last time..
But nevertheless, I was impressed with couple of stuffs,
Pioneer Stall and Pro FX stalls.
ProFX was selling complete 5.1 package fro 43K..thought it was good, di polar cetre and towers with bullet plugs..could not wait for a demo because of mad rush..
Pioneer Plasmas were awesome :)
thnx
vadiraj

ProFX was selling complete 5.1 package fro 43K..thought it was good, di polar cetre and towers with bullet plugs..could not wait for a demo because of mad rush..thnx vadiraj

All marketing jazz had to go through a painful audioning procedure couple of weeks back in ProFX during the Fusion Series launch. Just a knock on the floorstander was all it needed to judge the quality of the speakers and later the demo confirmed it - stay away from it. The speakers just dont do justice to the otherwise good AVR.

No offence meant. Just not the right stuff if you are after quality audio. I have been associated with ProFX for a long time and still cherish the rapport we share.

The Kuro Project series are some knockers, aren't they?!

hi unleash_me,

just came back from banglore...i live in delhi...here it is written 26-27-28 jan...but actualy it was on 25-26-27.however got some free tym nd went on 27....i was a lil bit disappointed....coz less no. of brands were there...but profx was the best thing out there...they were giving demo too...that 1.33lac price sys was awesome...rti series i thnk....im a fan of their psw 500 sub...they were showng denon recv....r they better than marantz....like i was pretty serious bout sr3001....is it better than denon 1508..??will marantz gel with polk audio....

one mre thing...i went to forum mall also...got my hands on bose and sonodyne....now i knw y sonodyne is considered a lil bit bright ndy bose really sucks.....thanks a lot for ur guidance....watever u say just becomes true wen i take demo....thnx...

Mikhil,

Hope you liked your stay in Bangalore.

Now coming to your questions,

The Denon AVR-1508 is part of their latest lineup of receivers for 2008. They offer dual HDMI 1.3a ports (video only), has 75w p/c @ 8ohms and has a feature called ?Compressed Audio Restorer? which tries to juice up your otherwise dry MP3 files.

Marantz is comparatively older model but is a proven contender in terms of built quality and sonic capabilities. But it is not feature rich as Denon. Doesn?t offer HDMI, comes with 60w p/c @ 8ohms.

Marantz is famous for its musicality while Denon for their all-round ability. If I were you, I?d choose the Denon.

If you insist on Polk audio, you might want to consider their LSi15 floorstanders. If not then RTiA5 from the 2008lineup.

Best regards.

If you insist on Polk audio, you might want to consider their LSi15 floorstanders. If not then RTiA5 from the 2008lineup.

Bangalore is really nice place except just 1 thing....TRAFFIC JAM...in peak hours

sir i think u forgot my budget...those floorstandings cost 88k.

TOTALLY out of my budget...

i liked polk audio's Monitor range...its in my budget too:)...

i liked sonodyne also in forum mall....

how is sanen...??i also came across that one in av expo...

I do agree with the observation of PROFX Fusion 5.1, the package don't do justice to DENON. The same was tagged with DENON 1507 at Chennai AVMAX for 39.9K. If somebody can afford, its better to get along with POLKAUDIO and DENON in monitor series at 60K, from PROFX. The spec of fusion 5.1 is totally confusing with no details of sensitivity, frequency range etc. Kindly share your experiences on Fusion 5.1 here if you have come across. Have a visit to the showroom and get the demo alone, may be you will notice the original quality........

Hi,
We were at stall no 1 at the entrance,the organizers told us that it was a mute show so no demo unless we booked a demo room,but in all that cacophony one cant enjoy a decent high end demo.There was this company stall that retails Home theaters from about 4k-10k.He was seen happily giving demos and selling them,i guess he wanted to cover his cost of taking part in the expo,he had no demo room!

Hi Rajesh,

Your booth had a good list of products on display. It was really pleasant to see these products on the first stall itself. I am planning to drop-in at the Indra Nagar showroom some time.

I had seen some speakers made by you at my friends place about six years ago. Do you also manufacture the Starc valve amps by your self?

Regards,
Sharad

hi sharad,
I do remember communicating with you over email some years ago,you are probably refering to Sameer sisodia.Yes the valve amplifiers are designed and manufactured by me.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back