AV Receiver and floorstanders (40K - 50K)

sunchand

Hi,
I am planning to build HT budget (70K - 80K)
But to start off I have budget of 40-50K, so I am planning to buy a receiver and floor standers, then some time later when I have some more money and approval ;) I would be buying sub, surrounds and center.

I have audioned Jamo s606/Jama AVR-693 along with S6 series center and surround. It was good but I am not really keen on buying Jamo receiver.
complete package which includes(S606 floor standers, s6 surrounds, center channel and Jamo 693 receiver) comes for 60K.

I have also auditioned JBL E60, they were good and loud.

I am also planning to audition Wharfedale Diamond 8.4 and 9.5 floorstanders.

The usage is going to be 70% music and 30% movies.

Audio gurus, please give ur
suggestions on 5.1 receivers in the price range of 20 -22K.

suggestions on floor standers in the price range of 20-26K.

suggestions on sub in the price range of 15-20K.

TIA
Suneet

Hey,

I was looking at the same setup but Iam not keen on a Jamo receiver as well. What did you finally go for? do let me know it would be of great help.

cheers

TP

I would suggest you hear the Denon 1507 with the Wharfedale's. They make a good combo.

Hi,
I would suggest Onkyo Av Receiver TX SR 603 or TX SR 674 along with Tannoy Fusion 4 main, Tannoy Fusion II for surround, Tannoy Fusion center.

it is very excellent set up if any suggestion require, call to Mr.Jignesh - 09825133320

The onkyo receivers are all rated at 6 ohm, thats the only reason i havnt been looking at onkyo cause there would be an impedence mismatch to most of the speakers at 8 ohms. Does anyone have an idea if onkyo can work at 8 ohms as well ?

thanks

MTP

The onkyo receivers are all rated at 6 ohm, thats the only reason i havnt been looking at onkyo cause there would be an impedence mismatch to most of the speakers at 8 ohms. Does anyone have an idea if onkyo can work at 8 ohms as well ?

thanks

MTP

This is a convienent method for Onkyo to quote a higher wattage load into 6 ohms. At 8 ohms the wattage from the Onkyo receiver will be even lower. Please keep this in mind.

How much does the Onkyo 674 retail for here ?

Has anyone used it with Polk Monitor speakers ?

How much does the Onkyo 674 retail for here ?

Has anyone used it with Polk Monitor speakers ?

I think you should get the Onkyo for around Rs. 30K. The Polk Monitor speakers are good (great value for your money in India) but if you are audiotioning the Onkyo check out the Elac speakers too.

I think you should get the Onkyo for around Rs. 30K. The Polk Monitor speakers are good (great value for your money in India) but if you are audiotioning the Onkyo check out the Elac speakers too.
Thanks.
Any particular Elac model ?
I was considering the Polk Monitor 50's. So obviously the budget is around 20-25K for the front towers.

Are European speakers priced more than the American ones in India. I find that for similar specs, the Polk range and the Klipsch range tend to cost a bit lower than the Danish, British etc brands.

Finally, how suitable is the Onkyo 674 for listening to music (stereo) ?

The Polk Audio Monitor 50's are good speakers for their price. Elac will be way above your price range.

I think the American speakers cost less could be because of the favourable dollar rate with the rupee.

I would definately prefer Denon AVR-1907 to Onkyo for music(stereo).

The Polk Audio Monitor 50's are good speakers for their price. Elac will be way above your price range.

I think the American speakers cost less could be because of the favourable dollar rate with the rupee.

I would definately prefer Denon AVR-1907 to Onkyo for music(stereo).

Hmm. I was also inclined towards Denons. The only thing bugging me is that they do not have HDMI in/out. Although I may not use it immediately, I would like to invest in a receiver which is kind of future proof from the HDMI pt of view.
Which are the other receivers in the 25-35K price range that offers HDMI ? I believe not too many.

Another Q. The Onkyo 674 is rated at 6ohm. How will it (if at all) have an effect when driving say Polk 8 ohm speakers ?

Another Q. The Onkyo 674 is rated at 6ohm. How will it (if at all) have an effect when driving say Polk 8 ohm speakers ?

That should not be any problem.

You can also audition the Polk Audio speakers along with Denon as the same distributor/dealer deals with both those lines.

Maybe a tad out of budget... but I highly recommend that you at least listen to Monitor Audio Silver RS6 floorstanders (50K).

Maybe a tad out of budget... but I highly recommend that you at least listen to Monitor Audio Silver RS6 floorstanders (50K).
What Hi-Fi highly recommends the new Monitor Audio Bronze BR5. I think they cost around 32K.

But I liked the Polk Monitor 50s. I'm hunting for a cheap HDMI enabled receiver.

Hello there,

its my first post here So pardon me for doing any wrong by mistake. I would strongly suggest to buy british speakers as they are very good for precise sound and also gel together with most of AV Reciever. As you mentioned your interest which is more into music then I think you should look at receivers from Marantz or Harmon Kardon or Cambridge Audio they are into same category and sound is a bit warm not bright at all. But if you can afford extra money then Arcam is unbeatible.

Now in speakers I would suggest look at Monitor Audio or KEF and would also not discounting B&W 600 series which should come into the price range you mentioned.

i hope it helps.

What Hi-Fi highly recommends the new Monitor Audio Bronze BR5. I think they cost around 32K.

But I liked the Polk Monitor 50s. I'm hunting for a cheap HDMI enabled receiver.

Well you should check out Sony 1200ES which gives you a freedom of HDMi but not the sound. Else Onkyo 605 which does both.

Yes you are right Monitor Audio is great and sound really detailed compare to any one out there.

hi

I agree with qoolss , he is right on the AV receiver , the Harman /marantz sounds great then Denon and regarding the speakers harman and marant pair very well with JBL . E60 is a very good model from Jbl and their Centre EC 25 is also great . pair it along with E250 sub and E10 surrounds , they will blow you away.

Also Monitor audio sounds great , its more musical and as Mr.qoolss said all english speakers sounds warm and its good for music. for HT i prefer JBL

regards
mohan

How come no one ever talks about Jamo? don't they go really well with Denon, and are decently priced as well...
I've been thru a lot of posts but haven't seen a single comment on those. Just wondering - are they not comparable to Monitor, KEF, Polk Audio etc?

2nd question, if I had to choose one of the following floorstanding speakers under 50 k which would be most recommended?
- Monitor (Bronze or silver range)
- Elac (FS57/58) - I liked their sound quality, one of my acquaintance has complete elac set, with CC51, BS 53)
- Polk Audio (Monitor 70)
- KEF (IQ Series)
- MS Avant 914
- Wharfedale Diamond
- JAMO Anyone???

I'll skip DynAudio, Dali and B&W as they are too expensive. I guess they dont have floorstanding under 50k (correct me if I am wrong)

Please state your choice and or special comments on any of the above

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back