AV receiver for ELAV Debut B6 pair and C5 with Bic America F12 subwoofer

akshay_satyam

Hello Friends, I was waiting for this day quite long. I had limited budget and cud not afford a good HT in India as you all know prices in India compared to other countries is steep high.

At present this is what I managed to get to India from US -
1. Bic 12 sub woofer
2. ELAC B6 bookshelf for front left and right
3. ELAC C5 center speaker

I have to purchase two things now - An AV receiver and Rear speakers.

I need your suggestion on following things, please help me

1. I am looking for a receiver with 3-4 HDMI ports, if possible HDCP 2.2 enabled, Bluetooth, WI-FI, 5.1 or 7.2 with minimal budget. Please suggest one with minimal expenses

2. What is the best way to use an AV receiver imported from USA. They are on 110V, did anyone face any problem. Does using a stepdown transformer help? Do these transformers create a buzzing sound (noise) or any other issues like AV getting burnt due to voltage fluctuations etc.

Please suggest me as soon as you can as I am travelling on 17th October.

Regards and lot of appreciation for the help

Hi

Congrats on the purchase.

1) Look at Denon or Marantz or Pioneer AVRs which fit in your budget...check the features and decide accordingly...if you can audition....better...
2) There are a couple of FMs who have imported AVRs from US and used step transformers....overall in most cases it has worked out....after sales warranty or service would be a challenge...

If you are on a tight budget, look at the for sale by owner or hi fi ads for a good deal.

Hello Friends, I was waiting for this day quite long. I had limited budget and cud not afford a good HT in India as you all know prices in India compared to other countries is steep high.

At present this is what I managed to get to India from US -
1. Bic 12 sub woofer
2. ELAC B6 bookshelf for front left and right
3. ELAC C5 center speaker

Thatz a lot of items from US :eek:hyeah: Congrats on your purchase...Please share the individual prices that you got it for..

I have to purchase two things now - An AV receiver and Rear speakers.

I need your suggestion on following things, please help me

1. I am looking for a receiver with 3-4 HDMI ports, if possible HDCP 2.2 enabled, Bluetooth, WI-FI, 5.1 or 7.2 with minimal budget. Please suggest one with minimal expenses

2. What is the best way to use an AV receiver imported from USA. They are on 110V, did anyone face any problem. Does using a stepdown transformer help? Do these transformers create a buzzing sound (noise) or any other issues like AV getting burnt due to voltage fluctuations etc.

Please suggest me as soon as you can as I am travelling on 17th October.

Regards and lot of appreciation for the help

Two options for AVR

Either Dual voltage systems from US, prices might be higher (or) buy it from grey market here...Getting an AVR from US is the same as getting thru grey market.. Why get an 110V AVR & then get a step down transformer here?

You can consider getting the speaker from US..

What is your budget for AVR & surrounds?

Hi Elangoas

Here is the breakup

1. Bic 12 sub woofer - good thing can operate on 220v - in $215 = INR 14405
2. ELAC B6 bookshelf for front left and right = $280 = INR 18760
3. ELAC C5 center speaker = $180 = INR 12060

For AVR can you suggest any contacts for grey market and are they genuine products? I am fine purchasing from grey as long as product is genuine and cost is withing 10% of cost in US. It will save me hassle of operating 110v device on 220v. In both case warranty doesnt exist so ok with me.

Thatz a lot of items from US :eek:hyeah: Congrats on your purchase...Please share the individual prices that you got it for..

Two options for AVR

Either Dual voltage systems from US, prices might be higher (or) buy it from grey market here...Getting an AVR from US is the same as getting thru grey market.. Why get an 110V AVR & then get a step down transformer here?

You can consider getting the speaker from US..

What is your budget for AVR & surrounds?

My budget for AVR is 25K - 30K max. Surround I will pick up from US anytime later, targetting $100-$150 a pair. But I will be interested in knowing the grey market contacts please.

Hi Elangoas

Here is the breakup

1. Bic 12 sub woofer - good thing can operate on 220v - in $215 = INR 14405
2. ELAC B6 bookshelf for front left and right = $280 = INR 18760
3. ELAC C5 center speaker = $180 = INR 12060

Thanks.. Those are some great prices.. Could you confirm the subwoofer model please.. I was recently quoted 40K for one of the BIC subs here..

For AVR can you suggest any contacts for grey market and are they genuine products? I am fine purchasing from grey as long as product is genuine and cost is withing 10% of cost in US. It will save me hassle of operating 110v device on 220v. In both case warranty doesnt exist so ok with me.

I know a FM who had recently got the Pioneer VSX 1131 from Gery market for 40K & Taga Harmony 506 speaker package for 22K something.. This was 6 months back..

Prices have dropped to 35 - 38K now for VSX 1131..

I have spoken to the grey market contact only thru phone.. I would like to talk to him in person, see his shop and then pass on the contact to anyone here..

Official warranty is void when you get it thru grey market.. But the seller promises his warranty.. Don't know what he means here... Need to get it clarified..

So please wait for sometime if you could, until i share any details..

If the seller seems to be genuine, thinking of a group buy in the next 1 - 2 months.. So we have more negotiation power..

My budget for AVR is 25K - 30K max.

Pioneer VSX 1131, Denon x1200 and x2200 all are in the range of 35 - 40K in Grey..

Surround I will pick up from US anytime later, targetting $100-$150 a pair.

Ok fine..

But I will be interested in knowing the grey market contacts please.

Please wait if you can.

Thanks.. Those are some great prices.. Could you confirm the subwoofer model please.. I was recently quoted 40K for one of the BIC subs here..
It is BIC America Formula F?12 Subwoofer ? 475W ? Black

I know a FM who had recently got the Pioneer VSX 1131 from Gery market for 40K & Taga Harmony 506 speaker package for 22K something.. This was 6 months back..

Prices have dropped to 35 - 38K now for VSX 1131..

I have spoken to the grey market contact only thru phone.. I would like to talk to him in person, see his shop and then pass on the contact to anyone here..

Official warranty is void when you get it thru grey market.. But the seller promises his warranty.. Don't know what he means here... Need to get it clarified..

I dont care about warranty, but concerned if the product is genuine?

So please wait for sometime if you could, until i share any details..

If the seller seems to be genuine, thinking of a group buy in the next 1 - 2 months.. So we have more negotiation power..

Pioneer VSX 1131, Denon x1200 and x2200 all are in the range of 35 - 40K in Grey..

these are good prices, make sense to purchase if original equipment is sold.

Ok fine..

Please wait if you can.

I will, I need to buy something by Oct 10 else my friend will leave for India who agreed to carry this with him.

The product is genuine.. I had visited the FM place and check the Pioneer VSX 1131 and they were brand new pieces..

They are original equip.

I will, I need to buy something by Oct 10 else my friend will leave for India who agreed to carry this with him.

Ok. Will update you on that soon.

@akshay_satyam
Where did you buy the ELAC B6 from AMAZON US or some other . What wat the total landing chisty in india including courier, customs etc. BTW, I am highly interested in B5.

Sent from my CP8298_I00 using Tapatalk

The product is genuine.. I had visited the FM place and check the Pioneer VSX 1131 and they were brand new pieces..

They are original equip.

Ok. Will update you on that soon.

Did you get a chance to get more details around this. I am getting a deal here 42000/- Denon AVR X3300 2016 July model. Good but again I am looking for something under 30K INr. another one is Denon AVR x2300 at INR 30K.

So wanted to know if I can get this price in grey market?

@akshay_satyam
Where did you buy the ELAC B6 from AMAZON US or some other . What wat the total landing chisty in india including courier, customs etc. BTW, I am highly interested in B5.

Sent from my CP8298_I00 using Tapatalk

Buddy I bought this from US and my family brought it back to India. I am not sure on international purchase from India.

Did you get a chance to get more details around this. I am getting a deal here 42000/- Denon AVR X3300 2016 July model. Good but again I am looking for something under 30K INr. another one is Denon AVR x2300 at INR 30K.

So wanted to know if I can get this price in grey market?

I did visit the place last weekend.. But no update on x3300 yet.. But 42K seems a very good price for x3300.. Which place are you getting it?

Push yourself 10K and go for the x3300, worth it for the features..

Last edited:

You can order 220v av receivers from this website - Multi-System and 220 Volt Audio Video Receivers. Ship it to someone you know in US and bring it here when you travel.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back