AV Receiver from Canada. Good idea?

So this is my current setup so far.

Denon S760h
Jamo S 803 Bookshelves
Polk TL 1 Satellites

Now starts my search for a sub, a center and ceiling speakers (@Parag Karani convinced me on ceiling). Most of these I need to get in Mumbai.
Adding ceiling atmos speakers, you will do full justice to the AVR you have opted for.
Also, you have saved a lot on AVR, Jamo, Polk, so I feel you can audition compatible, center and Subwoofer for your setup and setup a decent Dolby atmos home theater setup.
Regards

AVR arrived. First step of HT setup done. 2.0 for now.
Currently hooked with Jio set-top box. Will Fire TV 4k stick be a big upgrade?

Attachments

• IMG_20221030_134208.jpg
    IMG_20221030_134208.jpg
    920.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
AVR arrived. First step of HT setup done. 2.0 for now.
Currently hooked with Jio set-top box. Will Fire TV 4k stick be a big upgrade?
Did your friend carry the AVR in original box?
Where did he land in India?
Any custom duty paid?
Which stepdown transformer are you using?

Have been tracking UK prices as my family is going there in June. Prices have dropped by 10-20% this week. So a Denon 1700H is for 479 pounds. Cheapest I got a quote in India was 65K from Chennai.

2800H is 699 pounds. Not sure whats the best Indian price is

Lets hope the UK budget scheduled for next week will bring back the VAT refund option to make the deal even sweeter.

Added center speaker (used) to complete my 5.1 setup, Taga TAV506C v.2.
Dialogues sounding better. Had doubts about matching center with left and center, but no issues.

I got harmon kardon bds 575 from marketplace in canada for 50 bucks,there were other options too but considering weight to be carried at airport i opted it,i was having speakers already in india.sound quality is top notch like samsung crystal amplifier.another benefit was its dual voltage 120-240v coz of class d amp.dlna nd dd+ also available.3 hdmi inputs ,2 toslink.
Another person was also selling top model bds580 with 4k but it was like 5 hour drive from my relative house in canada so i ended up buying this.not bad fr 50 bucks.pioneer vsx 534 was also available for like 250 bucks,

I got harmon kardon bds 575 from marketplace in canada for 50 bucks,there were other options too but considering weight to be carried at airport i opted it,i was having speakers already in india.sound quality is top notch like samsung crystal amplifier.another benefit was its dual voltage 120-240v coz of class d amp.dlna nd dd+ also available.3 hdmi inputs ,2 toslink.
Another person was also selling top model bds580 with 4k but it was like 5 hour drive from my relative house in canada so i ended up buying this.not bad fr 50 bucks.pioneer vsx 534 was also available for like 250 bucks,
Also i got 3 jbl bookshelf sattelite speakers for 30 bucks ,they are quite and have active crossover in them

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back