AV Receiver

Agree it has ...all started after 2020 Covid effects. Everything has gone up except the salaries we earn. Most of us are now forced to look out for pre owned stuff which fits the pocket and also gets the job done for the moment till we upgrade next!
At times we feel, are active-powered speakers the way to go. As in the current scenario there are very good choices of powered speakers especially from Klipsch, Kef, Dali and B&W. The only somewhat missing part would be the surround effects for movies.

At times we feel, are active-powered speakers the way to go. As in the current scenario there are very good choices of powered speakers especially from Klipsch, Kef, Dali and B&W. The only somewhat missing part would be the surround effects for movies.
There are powered surround sound packages, including the Oberon series from Dali which come with it's own hub and do not require a processor/AV receiver.

You can get a AV Pre processor from Marantz etc and attach Powered speakers and enjoy the surround effects.

I have the same receiver and had the same issue with ARC with my LG C9. I switched to optical cable and it is all good now, surround sound works as expected.
But with optical, one cannot control the AVR sound via the TV remote right? One has to do it using the AVR remote

But with optical, one cannot control the AVR sound via the TV remote right? One has to do it using the AVR remote
Yes. CEC is the terminology for the sync or handshaking between the TV remote and the AVR or HTIB equipments. That is not supported mostly by toslink. HDMI only supports them. I had HT RT3 Sony hooked to Sony 8000h vio the optical and still no handshake, only the HTRT3 remote could control it. But then to compensate for that little inconvenience, toslink is more stable. With HDMI, especially with HTIBs without AVRs, you will face loose connection issues. Thats why AVRs are required which adds stability to the connection.

In my case, I've setup LG remote to control my AVR's Volume. So I use a single remote for operation. Though it has to be in line of sight to control AVR (infrared control).

I have been searching for a good receiver and almost decided upon an HK avr 4500 but noticed that a well-known chain was selling the Nakamichi av 10 for a silly price. In my younger days, Nakamichi was the bee's knees for tape decks but how about Av. I am interested in playing music as well as movies. Any thoughts, please...

A good balance for Movies & Music would be Yamaha (Aventage Series) or Pioneer LX series

Marantz is more edged towards music but does the job for movies too. Denon is more edged towards movies but music is fine. Suggest you audition and decide. A Few seem to be moving towards Onkyo...check those models too. All depends on your budget, what features you want in the AVR and how much power. What will sound the best to my ears may sound different or bad for you as we all have our personal preferences.

All the best!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back