AV Reciever with Bright sound...thoughts?

Hi Prashant,
In your signature i see that you own 3 projectors, a Sony HTIB, 2 receivers, many speakers. Just curious, do you currently have all those systems? What do you do all with all of them? Please don't mind, genuinely curious :)

sash,

Yes, I have 3 HT setup with me, Unfortunate:lol:.

Started selling and trying to upgrade AV Receivers. I am happy with all my projectors, 8200 is best, so not touched any of them yet.

Hey can you please share us the link where you paid? Because I can see only refurbished product with this price on ebay.

Flash,

Thats what I got replay from Marantz guys to my Email. I have asked for switch to disable this bandpass filters. I don't know how much they cater to this end user request.

I feel, Movies is fine, but for music Manufacturers should not do these stunts. But unfortunate that all are doing so. I am feeling that I am missing some where. May be.

Disable audyssey dynamic eq and try again. i have read on avs forums that engaging audyssey filters results in recessed highs.

After years of ht listening you will come back to marantz/denon/yamaha and then move up to anthem/integra/emotiva

all the best for your receiver hunt!

Yes Prashant it is a brand new sealed pack. Congrats again. It is my bad that I search on ebay.in. Great to see people buying SONY AVRs.

Disable audyssey dynamic eq and try again. i have read on avs forums that engaging audyssey filters results in recessed highs.

After years of ht listening you will come back to marantz/denon/yamaha and then move up to anthem/integra/emotiva

all the best for your receiver hunt!

I tried every bit of setting in marantz. Disabling audyssey, setting manual eq, disabling mda-x, for years I am trying to convince myself that I might find any setting that can make this marantz sound get life up. But failed so. The only solution I could do i to remove the low pass filter like PCB within amp. The problem with this was, it has a clock built in which used to sync with video chip, you see no video. So eventually had to put back that plate.

I am going down, you see from Marantz / Yahama to Sony ... maybe Doesnt matter :eek:hyeah:, I am searching for receiver that should have good audio quality, features I dont care.

Till now Only Sony has impresssed me. Didnt like Marantz /Yamaha / Pioneer / Onkyo
No doubt, Anthem I heard myself its very good, but out of budget, may be someday I will have one.

I have a 15 year old Sony STR-DA50ES, which still runs brilliant. Not too high on the features list but audio quality is fantastic till date, use it for stereo set up in my work room, no plans of getting rid of it!!

I tried every bit of setting in marantz. Disabling audyssey, setting manual eq, disabling mda-x, for years I am trying to convince myself that I might find any setting that can make this marantz sound get life up. But failed so. The only solution I could do i to remove the low pass filter like PCB within amp. The problem with this was, it has a clock built in which used to sync with video chip, you see no video. So eventually had to put back that plate.

I am going down, you see from Marantz / Yahama to Sony ... maybe Doesnt matter :eek:hyeah:, I am searching for receiver that should have good audio quality, features I dont care.

Till now Only Sony has impresssed me. Didnt like Marantz /Yamaha / Pioneer / Onkyo
No doubt, Anthem I heard myself its very good, but out of budget, may be someday I will have one.

My best wishes for your AV journey!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back