AV Recievers for the 35 watt * 5 speaker and 60 waat subwooffer

Ajoy

Hi All,

I had a JVC THA5 ht and since it got a problem i am unable to use it and the speakers are really good.So though of replacing the amplifier with av receiver and the speaker configuration as follows
35 watt * 5 speaker and 60 watt subwooffer.6 ohm

Can i get a receiver for this speakers or should i buy a new htib .

if i can get a receiver for this speaker setup what would the best receiver?May be it's a branded or unbranded.I live in chennai.Awaiting a reply.
Thanks,

If Sub is powered,then you can get entry level AVR matching for spk.

Otherwise go for new setup.

Since he is asking for an amp that can send 60 watts to the sub, I suspect the sub is passive.

Cheers

Hi ALL,

Thanks for ur reply.Venkat is right i am having a passive sub woffer of 8 inch 60 watt 6 ohm.Could u please specify some AVR for the 35 watt speakers.
Thanks

Ajoy, I would suggest you fix up a date and time with a dealer, take two of your speakers along and audition some of the new AVRs. That way you will understand how your speakers behave with these AVRs.

For you sub, the best bet will be to get a small external mono amplifier that can drive the sub. Contact Torvin or Mark of Craftel and see if they can make an amp for you.

Cheers

Thank u all for your support.DNM AV455E,where can i get it in chennai and any idea how much it would cost.

DNM is a Mumbai based company and has no representation in Chennai. If you are looking for Indian brands, try Sonodyne or Craftel. Both make 5 channel amplifiers at different price ranges. Sonodyne will be in the 30-40K range, while Craftel will be sub 25K or even less.

Another option is entry level AVRs from Yamaha, Denon or Onkyo. These again should be in the 30 or sub 30 range

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the info provided.I was jus going thru some forum and read about MIT-9000 .Will that amp fit my speakers.Do you have any idea on about that amp.

Thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back