AV Revolution - Dec 25-27 - Bangalore

kaustubh

Hi

I just wanted to know if you guys have experiences to share from the previous editions of this mela?

Looks like yamaha, pro-fx are gonna be there.. Do we also have arn, etc putting up stalls here.. and are the rates well discounted here or hiked up.. :rolleyes:

looking to finaaly pick up some good floorstanders if the deal offered is good :licklips:

Hi

I just wanted to know if you guys have experiences to share from the previous editions of this mela?

Looks like yamaha, pro-fx are gonna be there.. Do we also have arn, etc putting up stalls here.. and are the rates well discounted here or hiked up.. :rolleyes:

looking to finaaly pick up some good floorstanders if the deal offered is good :licklips:

Hi Kaustubh,

Where did u get this piece of information?

Been to one very little to see or hear over there. I went for the one in January at teh kanteerava indoor stadium.

ProFx was there and some guys from wharfedale was also there (vertex I guess). Its a very bad place to audition any kinda audio or video stuff but you can get some really good deals on speakers a/v receivers and such. Last time I was there they where giving the Kef IQ5 floorstanders for 22k(it was selling for above 35k)

Please check before making any plans!!
Ask spiro the plans we made!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

I think the whole programme is canceled.But pls reconfirm and post!

Last edited:
Oops sorry.. I didn't know about the cancellations of the mumbai and delhi shows :)..
Didn't see any update on the site either. But a deal like what REM mentioned is just what i'm looking out for :lol:

Please check before making any pans!!
Ask spiro the plans we made!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

I think the whole programme is canceled.But pls reconfirm and post!

Is the jury still out on the B'lore show? It's been a long time since I attended one of these shows but could someone tell me if there are proper booths run by dealers that would would not be a total wash-out sonically? I'm hoping to see if ARN might have their Ushers and EP's on demo there...

All the 'expos' I have visited in Blr have been mute...no demos...and there'd be enough crowd milling around big screen TVs and asking about the max wattage :rolleyes:

Only once we had a good participation by the likes of the audio people, arn, lakozy etc. so we were able to 'see' stuff from thiel, pathos, sunfire, densen, vincent, nad, psb etc. but mostly u'd find the usual suspects - standard HT setups, big screens, foot massagers, ergonomic potato peelers...

but i'd still go and check...just for the heck of it...

I just called up a few folks in Kanteerava and the AV folks and the news is that the exhibition has been canceled for the year in Bangalore also. I had postponed my Receiver purchase waiting for good offers in the Expo !!!

There goes my potato peeler! :eek:hyeah: Oh well...

@souforged: Thanks for your impression. That's pretty much what I was afraid of as well...

Even I was holding on to my AVR purchase waiting for this expo...the profx guy had told me that they'd be giving std 15% discount there (he was offering the same to me at the showoom). I was hoping to pull down a couple of additional %s. Anyways, I think the AV Max expo happens around Jan (it did this year), can wait...

Don't dispair Grubyhalo, you may still get the peeler at the furniture expos that happen almost every weekend... :D

I just came back from Pro-fx and they tell me that the Expo has been postponed to Jan 2010 and it is happening in Bangalore first the next year. Just FYI, might or might not be true.

Had been waiting and searching for updates the AV expo for long. ProFX too had confirmed December this year. guess will wait another month, hope u guys do share the dates as and when declared/out.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back