Help me to choose between these MEGA MONSTERS!!!

Hi everybody, I am french, my name is Philippe and I live in Vietnam (HCM city) where I just bought a Yamaha DSP-Z11 to the same seller who sold me his DSP-AZ1 two years ago. The Z11 came without box but the microphone except the microphone base so I cannot make the triangulation YPAO test. I need the distance of the side of the equilateral triangle (measured from centers of 1, 2 & 3 circles). Thanks in advance

A special thank to @risihguru and all of you for all I have learned reading this precious topic.

Yamha-RX-A3010-Microphone-Base.jpg

Hi everybody, I am french, my name is Philippe and I live in Vietnam (HCM city) where I just bought a Yamaha DSP-Z11 to the same seller who sold me his DSP-AZ1 two years ago. The Z11 came without box but the microphone except the microphone base so I cannot make the triangulation YPAO test. I need the distance of the side of the equilateral triangle (measured from centers of 1, 2 & 3 circles). Thanks in advance

A special thank to @risihguru and all of you for all I have learned reading this precious topic.

View attachment 38542
Hi PhilipeC, why not construct a make shift stand (Maybe with strong cardboard) to hold the micro phone while you run the YPAO? After allusually it is one time use only.

Hi PhilipeC, why not construct a make shift stand (Maybe with strong cardboard) to hold the micro phone while you run the YPAO? After allusually it is one time use only.

Hi Vinod R, in fact I just want to draw on a paper the YPAO microphone base triangle, respecting the distance between the centers of each 3 positions and then stick the paper on an horizontal wooden tray for the best stability during the tests, positioned on a bar stool exactly where my head is.

Do you know the distance I am searching for ? I supposed I need to know this distance because YPAO is calculated loudspeakers angles with this fix parameter, in case this is important.

Then I need to contact somebody who have a DSP-Z11 or more recent receivers using this YPAO microphone base.

Hi Vinod R, in fact I just want to draw on a paper the YPAO microphone base triangle, respecting the distance between the centers of each 3 positions and then stick the paper on an horizontal wooden tray for the best stability during the tests, positioned on a bar stool exactly where my head is.

Do you know the distance I am searching for ? I supposed I need to know this distance because YPAO is calculated loudspeakers angles with this fix parameter, in case this is important.

Then I need to contact somebody who have a DSP-Z11 or more recent receivers using this YPAO microphone base.
Why not download the user manual online and check it? I have myself not used Yamaha/YPAO and would not know the distance. But I guess someone on this forum would know.

Why not download the user manual online and check it? I have myself not used Yamaha/YPAO and would not know the distance. But I guess someone on this forum would know.

I have read the manual in french + english but there is no information about the size of the microphone base. I need another Z11 owner who got it with the base. In the meantime I have just calibrated the Z11 with one position + some minor corrections.

Thank you Vinod, I need also some kind of software which is available for the RX-Z11, the US version of the DSP-Z11 (then I suppose it work also for the Z11).

This is apparently a Yamaha software (I did not find it on their web site) :

DSP-AZ11_PCInt.jpg

I also find something similar here (demo $0.00)

Creston Application Market : Yamaha RX-Z11 (North America)

yamaha_rx-z11_screen_01__47304.1377544753.1280.1280.jpg

Nice write up - I just acquired a Yamaha DSP-Z9 From a friend who said it was too hot to keep in his closet, his loss is certainly my gain :) .
Hooked the beast up to my Dahlquist DQ-10s - my gawd.
I am extremely impressed with this amp - use it mostly in Pure direct mode Feeding it from a hifiberry DAC2HD HAT on a Pi4 with Roon.
I can spew some adjectives - deep, clear, crisp, spacious, most of all, clean, especially at low volumes but when you want to hear it, it goes to eleven and stays clean and spacious.
The DSP presets for concert halls and everything is a nice gimmick and might be useful at some point but treating it as purely an amp for music.
Now time to get more speakers.
The Z9 weighs a tonne, can be used in a tractor pull and you could make toast with it but these are all just supplemental features - Works best for audio amplification.

-Chester

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back