Availability of Graphic equalizers in Mumbai

raja iyer

Does any one know where graphic equalizers are available in Mumbai? I am looking for one desperately.:(:confused:

regards,

Raja

Hi Raja,

I think none of the audio dealers/distributors sell any graphic equalizers anymore as most people frown on the function of the eq.(degrading,altering the signal). I personally feel that if ur system is decent there is no need for one really. Having said that u could still one from abroad or buy tons of cheap quality/indian made eqs at lamington road in mumbai. I guess if u must have one thats the place to search.

Regards

hmm i see. ok. i will try lamington, but personally i have always felt and seen that the equalizer enhances sound rather than distort.

thanks.

Raja

ok here is another info.
dnm enterprise based at andheri east import equalizers 10 + 10 band - avble for 5.5k. located at ansa ind estate - can pick up from the factory. timing 8am to4.30 pm mon to sat. owner is mr.dilip bajaj. tel:2847 4038.

I checked the piece now. impressive. has a spectrum analyzer + fully illuminated keys. but i must say that the red leds are a bit hard on the eyes - 'outstandingly bright'. the performance is also impresive - no distortion or hiss whatsoever. it also has an eq bypass / defeat button.
cons - only 2 inputs - tape + cd/dvd.

chaudhary trading at lamington also import equis from taiwan - 10 + 10 band. price is again 5.5.k. same features as abv.

i will check ebay now.

thanks all.:)

regards,
Raja

Hi again,

Am not being negative but please dont just buy unless 100 % sure. Generally these eqs are very poor in internal build quality. I know its only 5 K but believe me the internals are not worth even 2 K. Many years ago in college when money was really tight me and two friends bought a jetking kit from lamington road and made equalizers for our use as the then system (Sony orson) lacked everything and it sounded good and boosted the frequencies but with seperates today i would never use eqs.
Anyway thats only an opinion.
Regards.

Frequencies are boosted to distortion levels. I had a Technics eq with onkyo prologic amp for 9 years, the sound was satisfactory not very good. Because of this reason i bought 2 channel vintage Pioneers on ebay, sound is crisp & clear without eq.

Hi again,

Am not being negative but please dont just buy unless 100 % sure. Generally these eqs are very poor in internal build quality. I know its only 5 K but believe me the internals are not worth even 2 K. Many years ago in college when money was really tight me and two friends bought a jetking kit from lamington road and made equalizers for our use as the then system (Sony orson) lacked everything and it sounded good and boosted the frequencies but with seperates today i would never use eqs.
Anyway thats only an opinion.
Regards.

Hi Anil,
I totally agree that the boosted frequencies tend to distort and sound un natural and am sure can damage tweeters. The equalizer i made was just an experiment in a different era!!!
Regards

Hi Anil

I think Dinyaar is right , unless you listen to very old music there is no need for an EQ, But if you still want one ,buy some imported second hand EQs
Yamaha has an Equalizer which is available for around 12k , kindly check that too.

dev.

Sorry dev, i hate eq's & subs for 2 channel listning. Mr Raja iyer is in need of eq not me.

Hi Anil

I think Dinyaar is right , unless you listen to very old music there is no need for an EQ, But if you still want one ,buy some imported second hand EQs
Yamaha has an Equalizer which is available for around 12k , kindly check that too.

dev.

Dear Raja,
Try some of the pro audio dealers, dbx of UK makes some nice equalisers you can find them at the JBL pro distributers,Behringer might be more affordable, they are 20 -30 channel,try Narain pro Audio Mumbai speak to a Mr.Koresh.All the best.

Thanks friends. By the way Yamaha's eq-70 which i had till now is no longer available. Savoy has stopped imports.

And Rajstar - will get in touch with Mr.Koresh / Narain pro audio.

regards,
Raja

chaudhary trading at lamington also import equis from taiwan - 10 + 10 band. price is again 5.5.k. same features as abv.
regards,
Raja

Hi Everybody.

Can someone give contact details of this Chaudhary Trading? I have a Pioneer DVD player connected to a Harman Kardon AVR 132 + JBL 5.1 speakers. The DVD playback audio is adequate, but I feel something is missing when I listen to audio CDs. I like my audio to be extremely sharp (Higher than normal treble). For this I was looking out for equalizers to tailor the sound. I'll insert these between my CD player and Amp. I checked EXTENSIVELY on the internet in the past 10 days, but didnt find anything promising. Most of the availability is in the US, and shipping to India is done at ASTRONOMICAL (~ US$60) rates, which are almost equal to the rates of the equalizer itself. I checked out all over Lamington road, they all have a single brand called Proton from NX Audio. But the problem is that this eq, while available at Rs. 4500 - 5000 range (which is the range I am interested in), doesnt have RCA inputs, which I need to hookup to my setup. If anybody can be of any help, that'll be deeply appreciated.

Thanks Rikhav. I spoke to Mr. Bajaj from DNM, who told me that they werent in stock. However he promised to look them up with his dealers and let me know if anything comes up. Meanwhile, I spoke to Chaudhary trading, who said they had an 'Impel' Equalizer (10 + 10 band) for 5.5k. Claimed it was 'Imported'. Tried to look up Impel, but couldnt find anything. Does anybody know anything about this company Impel? Do let me know...

How about t-shirts which have graphic equalizers responding to sound???
Ray Store has them and I am promoting these t-shirts.
Do visit the website guys as these t-shirts can be apreciated by music buffs mostly.
product_zoom.asp

Can anybody provide the contact details of Narain Pro Audio?

Site of Narain Pro audio
Narain : Proaudio Lighting Pvt. Ltd

You can get contact details from there

Also try Dev Electronics which is in the building bang opposite Lamington Road Police Station
Tel number of Dev Electronics is 66348154

One word of caution, dont expect a warm welcome from either Narain or Dev

Also try Lalwani Electronics, its somewhere near by to the police station. Had gone once and the owner seemed to be a friendly guy

Hi, I visited Lamington Road yesterday.
Narain Pro Audio told me they didnt have anything with RCA connectors.
Dev electronics showed me Behringer eqs. but they too didnt have RCA connectors. Person out there was good, told me not to go in for professional equalizers for home use. The 'Home' equipment would be 10+10 band with RCA inputs.
Chaudhary showed me something called Impex, which though he said was made in Malaysia, sported a clear 'Made in India' label! It had an ultra cheap build quality, and the piece was not working properly. I saw another one from a brand called 'Pace' which also was looking pretty sasta maal (and it was actually sasta at 4.2K). Finally found a 10+10 with 2 RCA Out/ 2 RCA IN from DNM. Heard it. Sounded great (no distortion). Price 4.9K. Bought it. Provided just the enhancement that I was looking out for.

Thanks everybody on this forum who helped me out on this.

Good to know you had a good experience and you found you were looking for
DNM and Pace are the same. Maybe the owner created different brand names for some purpose.

So did you get your EQ from Chawdhry trading?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back