Avoid Buying Denon AV Receivers 100%

manofx

MY STORY : I bought 2700H denon 6 months ago .. today I came to know there was an update for my avr and update it from the app

For unknown reason it says update failed and struck on boot loop with red light (no power or network fail from my side) .. its 100% their OTP fault

so after a long research I came to know flashing the update from usb is the only solution to get back to normal again ..

WHICH DENON STOPPED USB UPDATES (only forcing everyone to OTA) .. If fail you have to visit service centers and they gonna replace your motherboards

While on other hand brands like Yamaha are offering usb flashings too

Just Imagine if my AVR is out of warranty and indian customer service offer to replace motherboard instead of doing usb flashing .. it gonna cost me 50% of AVR

I bought Denon since most people in this group suggest me this brand . . This is Dark side of Denon .. Hope everyone get to know ..

I Tried calling ProFx and other customer cares nobody going to provide me this firmware to flash via usb .. I got my lesson learned by hard way

Hope new people wont get trapped into Denon like me after reading this !

** Now I have to pay for shipping for and get replaced motherboard for a silly software solution **

using a denon 2600...updated thru HEOS..never had any issues
Until you have the issue it works fine.

Tried Settings reset as well Firmware Reset Option too mate .. This can be fixed only through usb firmware ..

MY STORY : I bought 2700H denon 6 months ago .. today I came to know there was an update for my avr and update it from the app

For unknown reason it says update failed and struck on boot loop with red light (no power or network fail from my side) .. its 100% their OTP fault

so after a long research I came to know flashing the update from usb is the only solution to get back to normal again ..

WHICH DENON STOPPED USB UPDATES (only forcing everyone to OTA) .. If fail you have to visit service centers and they gonna replace your motherboards

Just Imagine if my AVR is out of warranty and indian customer service offer to replace motherboard instead of doing usb flashing .. it gonna cost me 50% of AVR

I bought Denon since most people in this group suggest me this brand . . This is Dark side of Denon .. Hope everyone get to know ..

I Tried calling ProFx and other customer cares nobody going to provide me this firmware to flash via usb .. I got my lesson learned by hard way

** Now I have to pay for shipping for and get replaced motherboard for a silly software solution **
Thats Really Disgusting to know, AVR Service support in India has always been a matter of concern.
Email your Problem to Denon International Helpline, their CEO etc, also Share the Link to this thread.
Tag the issue on Twitter, FB and other Social Media Platforms, You should get a better Proposal for Resolution of your problem as far as I Know. Unless you make some noise , they will be least bothered with resolving the problem. I know it is more annoying ; but with travel restrictions, this is the state of affairs for most HiFi service nowadays.
Who's the Indian dealer ? ask him to escalate the matter if possible.

Did the service center deny the service, or they ask you to bring the unit to them to flush from USB?

+1
After two Denon receivers 1200 & 2400, I have sworn off Denon and looking only at Yamaha.
The 1200 was bricked due to an update failure when out of warranty - as you mentioned, none of the reset options work. Though I had earlier downloaded the firmware, tried loading it through usb, it did not work!:mad:
2400 had hdmi board failure!

Thats Really Disgusting to know, AVR Service support in India has always been a matter of concern.
Email your Problem to Denon International Helpline, their CEO etc, also Share the Link to this thread.
Tag the issue on Twitter, FB and other Social Media Platforms, You should get a better Proposal for Resolution of your problem as far as I Know. Unless you make some noise , they will be least bothered with resolving the problem. I know it is more annoying ; but with travel restrictions, this is the state of affairs for most HiFi service nowadays.
Who's the Indian dealer ? ask him to escalate the matter if possible.
You are right drkrack, in India this is the problem.

manofx, sad to hear about your Denon AVR. Hope it will be fixed soon without any charges.

Similar thing happened to my Marantz AVR, after an update wifi connection on the AVR stopped working, it was during covid-19 related restrictions I couldn’t get it fixed. Had I taken it by that time, could have covered it under warranty.

Contacted the online vendor, Hifimart and Mr. Anil gave me the contact details of the service guy here in Chennai. I took it to him to his shop but he was away from his shop (though I confirmed his availability via phone). After one week he called me and told that “network board” has gone kaput and Rs.7.5k to be paid for the same. I requested for waiver of the charges, but he refused saying it is out of warranty. So I agreed to make the payment and requested to replace it.

Almost, two months over, but during these days whenever I called him he neither picked up, nor did he respond to my whatsapp messages/ sms properly, some times he replied “I am in Coimbatore…”, “I am driving…” blah blah blah… Contacted the online vendor he asked me to contact official distributor, but again no help from them.

On December 4, 2021 (Saturday) when I asked about the AVR, the service guy told me that it will be ready on 6th Dec, 2021 (Monday), but nothing materialized. After that he stopped responding again. Subsequently, contacted Mr. Anil who assured me that the service guy will contact me once he receives the board from the company in Mumbai and fixes it up. (Ironically, the service guy never told me that it is getting delayed due to un-availability of the network board, but in 2 occasions he told me that it will be ready in 2 days). Hope Mr. Anil's intervention will sort out the issue...

Hi @manofx
I know you might have tried all combinations, can you still check below options.
Also is your AVR connected via ethernet or WIFI? Can you connect it through ethernet and then try?Screenshot_20220108-114301_Opera.jpgScreenshot_20220108-114417_Opera.jpgScreenshot_20220108-114428_Opera.jpg

Sad and lucky for me I haven’t faced this issue with my old 2400 and my current 4500 so far. The lack of knowledgeable technicians in this industry is a problem in India for enthusiasts like us. I remember seeing a similar thread recently where one fm contacted sound united and they helped him to fix the issue. He was also advised the same for software issue.

That's definitely unacceptable service. In the past I have gone several times to MZ for firmware update on a pen drive for the Marantz and Akbarbhai would always oblige and would recommend it.
Try doing a factory reset. If that does not work, then write on Twitter tagging Denon, Soundunited and the the local dealer from where you bought it as the last option.

It's really sad here that most of the time one has to resort to social media to catch their attention and make them aware of their services towards the customer which should have been inherent anyways.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Marantz also faces a similar issue or is this only specific to Denon?

Does anyone know if Marantz also faces a similar issue or is this only specific to Denon?
I have updated my Marantz sr7010 over wifi without issues. Even the Auro 3d update went without a hitch. Now am on a physical cable though.

You are right drkrack, in India this is the problem.

manofx, sad to hear about your Denon AVR. Hope it will be fixed soon without any charges.

Similar thing happened to my Marantz AVR, after an update wifi connection on the AVR stopped working, it was during covid-19 related restrictions I couldn’t get it fixed. Had I taken it by that time, could have covered it under warranty.

Contacted the online vendor, Hifimart and Mr. Anil gave me the contact details of the service guy here in Chennai. I took it to him to his shop but he was away from his shop (though I confirmed his availability via phone). After one week he called me and told that “network board” has gone kaput and Rs.7.5k to be paid for the same. I requested for waiver of the charges, but he refused saying it is out of warranty. So I agreed to make the payment and requested to replace it.

Almost, two months over, but during these days whenever I called him he neither picked up, nor did he respond to my whatsapp messages/ sms properly, some times he replied “I am in Coimbatore…”, “I am driving…” blah blah blah… Contacted the online vendor he asked me to contact official distributor, but again no help from them.

On December 4, 2021 (Saturday) when I asked about the AVR, the service guy told me that it will be ready on 6th Dec, 2021 (Monday), but nothing materialized. After that he stopped responding again. Subsequently, contacted Mr. Anil who assured me that the service guy will contact me once he receives the board from the company in Mumbai and fixes it up. (Ironically, the service guy never told me that it is getting delayed due to un-availability of the network board, but in 2 occasions he told me that it will be ready in 2 days). Hope Mr. Anil's intervention will sort out the issue...
So is it fixed yet? Thats a lot of time for getting a part for a mass produced avr that sells well here.
I could expect this for Euro or boutique brands like Arcam, Anthem, Cambridge Audio, Nad etc. Not from Denon/Marantz that sells decently well here & has 2 distributors for Denon & one for Marantz in India. Pretty surprised.

Just updated my Denon 2600 through HEOS..kept fingers crossed with reference to this thread:)..luckily theSpotify connection played off normally:):)

I guess the issue has partly to do with the inability of the official Denon dealer in India in resolving issues. I had some issues with my x1400h and got in touch with the ProFx Kolkata. Submitted the receiver with them and they kept delaying for more than a month citing technical difficulties and shortage of spares. Had to take the receiver out from them as they were not sure when it could be fixed. Got in touch with an elderly gentleman whom I did not know earlier. He fixed everything within 8 days flat! He didn't give any excuses. And for that matter, his workshop had Denon, Marantz and Yamaha - all types of electronics. He charged me less than 40% what ProFx had earlier estimated.
There might be ProFx guys within this forum - no offense to them. Some technicians might be really good but in this niche field, technical abilities or rather the lack of it, ruins customer confidence.
I would request the OP to take other opinions if possible.

So is it fixed yet? Thats a lot of time for getting a part for a mass produced avr that sells well here.
I could expect this for Euro or boutique brands like Arcam, Anthem, Cambridge Audio, Nad etc. Not from Denon/Marantz that sells decently well here & has 2 distributors for Denon & one for Marantz in India. Pretty surprised.
Neither received the AVR nor informed me of the date of delivery by the service guy; as mentioned by drkrack, in India customer service is always in pathetic condition

Did the service center deny the service, or they ask you to bring the unit to them to flush from USB?
They deny to provide me the firmware instead asking me to ship the product back to them they want to replace motherboard lol ..

I am glad it was under warranty first but still I have to pay for shipping cost now ..

For a software issue hardware change shouldn't be a solution .. INDIAN CUSTOMER CARES ARE HORRIBLE
Just updated my Denon 2600 through HEOS..kept fingers crossed with reference to this thread:)..luckily theSpotify connection played off normally:):)
Lucky for you mate .. I am regretting now why on earth I press that update button :(

I guess the issue has partly to do with the inability of the official Denon dealer in India in resolving issues. I had some issues with my x1400h and got in touch with the ProFx Kolkata. Submitted the receiver with them and they kept delaying for more than a month citing technical difficulties and shortage of spares. Had to take the receiver out from them as they were not sure when it could be fixed. Got in touch with an elderly gentleman whom I did not know earlier. He fixed everything within 8 days flat! He didn't give any excuses. And for that matter, his workshop had Denon, Marantz and Yamaha - all types of electronics. He charged me less than 40% what ProFx had earlier estimated.
There might be ProFx guys within this forum - no offense to them. Some technicians might be really good but in this niche field, technical abilities or rather the lack of it, ruins customer confidence.
I would request the OP to take other opinions if possible.
If that gentleman goes by the same name as a certain person who started the Kalinga war once upon a time , then I’d like to inform you even ProFX gets their tricky repairs done by him. Probably he was on holiday when your receiver was lying with ProFx.
Sad state of affairs indeed.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back