AVR ADVICE!

Very relevant, thank you! Puts my mind at ease. If I don’t get the Marantz SR5013 I’ll go for the X2400H or X2500H.

How’s the AVR for movies and which speakers are you powering?

Thanks for the details!

Is HiFimart reputable? Anyone from here have experience with

Yeah Ooberpad is very expensive!

This platform HFV is associated with HifiMart.....lots of members have purchased from Hifimart

Very relevant, thank you! Puts my mind at ease. If I don’t get the Marantz SR5013 I’ll go for the X2400H or X2500H.

Thanks for the details!

Is HiFimart reputable? Anyone from here have experience with

Yeah Ooberpad is very expensive!

Hifimart is extremely reputable & all the warranties are valid. I have interacted with Mr. Anil & he is a thorough gentleman, although I have not bought anything so far from Hifimart. Hifimart is a part of this forum & you will find it in the "Offers & Deals" menu. Many forum members have purchased from Hifimart & you can check with them about their experience.

From what i have heard, there is another distributor for Denon whose presence is more on the North side and ProFX are not the only authorized distributors in India. Dont have any concrete proof, just stating what i have heard.
denon have 2 distributor in india: 1. profx and other is pretti tradings. So, what profx mean is if avr is not imported by them, then wont give warranty. So, it it is imported by pretty trading, then we need to contact him or the dealer from where your purchased, to claim warranty.

denon have 2 distributor in india: 1. profx and other is pretti tradings. So, what profx mean is if avr is not imported by them, then wont give warranty. So, it it is imported by pretty trading, then we need to contact him or the dealer from where your purchased, to claim warranty.

Yeah I just got off the phone with Anil. What a lovely man! So HiFimart is an official online Denon dealer and PTC is the other official distributor apart from proFX. So now this makes sense.

Anil told me to go for Denon if movies is all I’m interested in. So I need to make a decision over the next few days and make the purchase.

Time to think!!! :)

Yeah I just got off the phone with Anil. What a lovely man! So HiFimart is an official online Denon dealer and PTC is the other official distributor apart from proFX. So now this makes sense.

Anil told me to go for Denon if movies is all I’m interested in. So I need to make a decision over the next few days and make the purchase.

What Mr. Anil has said is absolutely right. Denon has the edge for movies & Marantz for music. But I have ended up liking Marantz for movies too.
PTC skipped my mind. It is near Milan mall in Santacruz west before the Milan flyover but would personally prefer Hifimart.

What Mr. Anil has said is absolutely right. Denon has the edge for movies & Marantz for music. But I have ended up liking Marantz for movies too.
PTC skipped my mind. It is near Milan mall in Santacruz west before the Milan flyover but would personally prefer Hifimart.

You can’t purchase from PTC, though. They’re just the distributor. Their official online dealer is HiFimart.

Yeah I’m still undecided. Might go either way but I’m leaning towards the Denon as of now.

One advise from my experience is- call the dealer even if it is online store and then make a deal. They will reduce the price basis what others are offering you. Dont just go by price quoted on website. Same holds true for speakers. For speaker even check on indiamart for contact numbers of the dealers and then call them up, they will provide lot better offers than online store (online retailers also have to spend lot on courier charges remember) e.g. some were offering 33% off on Q acoustics whereas online it 20% max. For HiFimart some of the avr are finally available at much lower price, you will see the final price after adding them to the cart.
Cheers

One advise from my experience is- call the dealer even if it is online store and then make a deal. They will reduce the price basis what others are offering you. Dont just go by price quoted on website. Same holds true for speakers. For speaker even check on indiamart for contact numbers of the dealers and then call them up, they will provide lot better offers than online store (online retailers also have to spend lot on courier charges remember) e.g. some were offering 33% off on Q acoustics whereas online it 20% max. For HiFimart some of the avr are finally available at much lower price, you will see the final price after adding them to the cart.
Cheers

Thank you. That’s valuable info!

Great!

you can ask here......you will need to state budget...listening area space etc.....you can also open a separate thread....there is one running for subs...

Read and add your comments accordingly.....

you can ask here......you will need to state budget...listening area space etc.....you can also open a separate thread....there is one running for subs...

Read and add your comments accordingly.....

Ok thanks. I’ll post there.

Hey guys. I need some help on cables. Thought I could wire the room up in advance. Are these cables good?

BlueRigger Audio RCA Cable with Gold Plated connectors (1 RCA Subwoofer Cable 8 FT / 2.4 Meters) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B008UGPBXM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_SrKAFbNX79NAG

I just need to know if the quality for the LFE cable will deteriorate at 35 feet or should I go for the 10.5 feet?

C&E CNE62686 Premium Series CL2 Rated 2-Conductor 14 Gauge in Wall Speaker Wire Cable (50 Feet / 15 Meters) 99.9% Oxygen Free Copper, White https://www.amazon.in/dp/B009EADBYY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_PwKAFbQMEXG4N

Is this a good brand and is 14 gauge overkill?

AmazonBasics Banana Plugs - Deadbolt Type, 6 Pairs https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01MQHBQXF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_lzKAFbPWHXAQ7

Are Amazon Basics Banana plugs good enough?

Thanks!

Hey guys. I need some help on cables. Thought I could wire the room up in advance. Are these cables good?

BlueRigger Audio RCA Cable with Gold Plated connectors (1 RCA Subwoofer Cable 8 FT / 2.4 Meters) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B008UGPBXM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_SrKAFbNX79NAG

I just need to know if the quality for the LFE cable will deteriorate at 35 feet or should I go for the 10.5 feet?

C&E CNE62686 Premium Series CL2 Rated 2-Conductor 14 Gauge in Wall Speaker Wire Cable (50 Feet / 15 Meters) 99.9% Oxygen Free Copper, White https://www.amazon.in/dp/B009EADBYY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_PwKAFbQMEXG4N

Is this a good brand and is 14 gauge overkill?

AmazonBasics Banana Plugs - Deadbolt Type, 6 Pairs https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01MQHBQXF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_lzKAFbPWHXAQ7

Are Amazon Basics Banana plugs good enough?

Thanks!

These are good if you are on a specific budget. I myself use a BlueRigger subwoofer cable and even HDMI cables...VFM....works well.

14 to 16 AWG is fine...I use 16 AWG......

These are good if you are on a specific budget. I myself use a BlueRigger subwoofer cable and even HDMI cables...VFM....works well.

14 to 16 AWG is fine...I use 16 AWG......

Thanks. I just purchased all of it apart from the banana plugs.

Can I ask you if you use some sort of voltage stabilization or will plugging the AVR into a surge protector be enough?

I have good power where I live in south Mumbai. Almost no power cuts. Maybe once or twice per year.

Only thing is my cheap Rs 400 plug-in wall voltage reader says 236V. It’s either 228, 230, 235, 236. Doesn’t fluctuate. It’s just fixed on those values. And the AVR is 230V so will that be a problem. Not sure how accurate my cheapo voltage meter is.

Is there a voltage range for the AVR like 220-240v. Is the power supply SMPS?

Thanks. I just purchased all of it apart from the banana plugs.

Can I ask you if you use some sort of voltage stabilization or will plugging the AVR into a surge protector be enough?

I have good power where I live in south Mumbai. Almost no power cuts. Maybe once or twice per year.

Only thing is my cheap Rs 400 plug-in wall voltage reader says 236V. It’s either 228, 230, 235, 236. Doesn’t fluctuate. It’s just fixed on those values. And the AVR is 230V so will that be a problem. Not sure how accurate my cheapo voltage meter is.

Is there a voltage range for the AVR like 220-240v. Is the power supply SMPS?

South Mumbai has not many power cuts so a spike guard / surge protector is good enough......its your choice if you wish to put a voltage stabilizer.

Excellent for both music and movies. Very balanced with clear dialogues and effects. Speakers are Paradigm in wall, in ceiling and Q Accoustics 2010i and Polk Subwoofer. My signature should have details.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back