AVR ADVICE!

In my personal experience, I tried a Denon once and returned it back within a week as I didnt feel the real punch that is expected. I would suggest to Audition and decide.

There are many online sites who sell various brands and models, you need to be sure of warranty if purchasing a new one. Some online purchases are not entertained by the Service center...before making any online purchase, please check with the service center if the online dealer is registered with them.

Given limited budget, the pre owned route would make sense as you also want a certain AVR...if a Marantz then with HDAM circuitry etc.

The problems with auditioning is COVID and the fact that the receiver and speakers will sound different in my room. That’s why I would rather listen to peoples opinions and decide.

One thing made clear from the Denon owners thread is the big step up in quality for movies with the Denon.

May I ask which AVR you have and how is your movie experience?

I like Marantz but don’t mind either. As a few have recommended on here that Marantz for music and Denon for movies.

I
The problems with auditioning is COVID and the fact that the receiver and speakers will sound different in my room. That’s why I would rather listen to peoples opinions and decide.

One thing made clear from the Denon owners thread is the big step up in quality for movies with the Denon.

May I ask which AVR you have and how is your movie experience?

I like Marantz but don’t mind either. As a few have recommended on here that Marantz for music and Denon for movies.

I use a Marantz....stuck to this brand now for years......I am more towards music but that does not mean that it does not do a good job for movies...I use the SR5013 and it is really good and punchy...I started off with the NR series earlier ...then moved to SR series...the SR series is a different league....

The AVR does all the decoding based on what content is fed, so if you are using Original DD or DD+ etc content, you will get the required performance.

Audyssey setup takes care of room levels and tones...nothing to worry over there......SR series have the Multi EQ XT versions ...the NR has the basic version.

You can read the Denon and Marantz Owners threads which has lots of user feedback.

So Should I buy the Denon X2400H which is a 2017 model? Apparently parts is an issue for AVR’s in India after 3 years from release so that’s got me worried.
Getting one generation old should be just fine for parts performance. But, if its two generation older I'd certainly think twice. Performance of the X2400H will be in par with the X2700H in amplification department. Just you'll be losing latest HDMI and 8K support... But, after sale part availability/resale should be careful... :)

Getting one generation old should be just fine for parts performance. But, if its two generation older I'd certainly think twice. Performance of the X2400H will be in par with the X2700H in amplification department. Just you'll be losing latest HDMI and 8K support... But, after sale part availability/resale should be careful... :)

That’s what scares me about buying models older than two years. Maybe I should just get another sound bar :(

I

I use a Marantz....stuck to this brand now for years......I am more towards music but that does not mean that it does not do a good job for movies...I use the SR5013 and it is really good and punchy...I started off with the NR series earlier ...then moved to SR series...the SR series is a different league....

The AVR does all the decoding based on what content is fed, so if you are using Original DD or DD+ etc content, you will get the required performance.

Audyssey setup takes care of room levels and tones...nothing to worry over there......SR series have the Multi EQ XT versions ...the NR has the basic version.

You can read the Denon and Marantz Owners threads which has lots of user feedback.

Hey you have the one I want! Do you watch action movies on it like the Dark Knight, Inception, Avengers etc. can you give me your opinion on its performance on those types of movies?

How was the reliability of all of your Marantz? What was the average lifespan?

Hey you have the one I want! Do you watch action movies on it like the Dark Knight, Inception, Avengers etc. can you give me your opinion on its performance on those types of movies?

How was the reliability of all of your Marantz? What was the average lifespan?

A healthy good lifespan.......I use mine as much as I can..updated models every 2-3 years due to the upgrade bug......else if used properly, will last long enough....

Action movies....truly awesome.......you feel every shatter or explosion ...clear and punchy......much more better detailing than cinemas....

There are some pre owned models of Denon and Marantz on OLX being sold in Mumbai, you should explore those

Yeah I’m keeping my eye out for those deals but after hearing the problems people are facing and the cost for simple parts, I would rather buy with a warranty.

I spoke to the guy working at Audiomaxx and he said he has a X2500H with a 1 year warranty. All brand new. He also said ProFX is not the authorized Denon service center in Mumbai. He said he will handle the warranty.

Are you familiar with Audiomaxx?

Is anyone here familiar with Audiomaxx?

Yeah I’m keeping my eye out for those deals but after hearing the problems people are facing and the cost for simple parts, I would rather buy with a warranty.

I spoke to the guy working at Audiomaxx and he said he has a X2500H with a 1 year warranty. All brand new. He also said ProFX is not the authorized Denon service center in Mumbai. He said he will handle the warranty.

Are you familiar with Audiomaxx?

Is anyone here familiar with Audiomaxx?

I am..owner is Sanjay..used to be a small dealer before and now has started this.....what some dealers offer is dealer warranty....not brand official warranty.....so be careful....lot of dealers promise the world in the name of sales then back off....

If you are looking at Marantz saw a couple of SR series the new model as well as existing models on sale....check those...if you wish to pursue the marantz route

I am..owner is Sanjay..used to be a small dealer before and now has started this.....what some dealers offer is dealer warranty....not brand official warranty.....so be careful....lot of dealers promise the world in the name of sales then back off....

If you are looking at Marantz saw a couple of SR series the new model as well as existing models on sale....check those...if you wish to pursue the marantz route

So should I trust Sanjay? I mean I don’t have much choice if I’m going to buy old right?

You mentioned a sale on the Marantz. Are you talking about sales on Audiomaxx?

So should I trust Sanjay? I mean I don’t have much choice if I’m going to buy old right?

You mentioned a sale on the Marantz. Are you talking about sales on Audiomaxx?

Sanjay I am not sure......I was referring to OLX....check those ads and see what the seller has

He also said ProFX is not the authorized Denon service center in Mumbai. He said he will handle the warranty.
From this statement i think he himself is an unauthorized Denon dealer.
I have known Profx since the past 15 years as an authorized Denon service centre....unless things have changed recently.
They even assisted me with my Denon manufactured in 1996 bought from abroad....need i say more other than stay away from Audiomaxx.

I have known Profx since the past 15 years as an authorized Denon service centre....unless things have changed recently.
They even assisted me with my Denon manufactured in 1996 bought from abroad....need i say more other than stay away from Audiomaxx.

Wow! Ok thanks. Definitely staying away from them. Sanjay also said “I have the Denon X2500H exclusively. Ask anyone else and they won’t have it.”

How’s your opinion on Avstore.in and Ooberpad?

you can start with a 2.0 setup and add up as you have budget. for 70k, you can get a marantz 5013 for 55k and Taga tav 606f se tower speakers for around 21k. You will have a lot of shops in mumbai like profx where you can audition them and then buy.

About warranty, both denon and marantz have 1 year warranty in india and it is complete non-sense to say denon work for just 2 years. I saw people using denon avr for 14 years and never had any issue with them.
Very true! My Denon, bought in 2008, is serving me strong even now. I only miss the latest sound codecs, but given it is in my bedroom with only 2.1 currently I am certainly not feeling a void! Very reliable for me...

From what i have heard, there is another distributor for Denon whose presence is more on the North side and ProFX are not the only authorized distributors in India. Dont have any concrete proof, just stating what i have heard.

Wow! Ok thanks. Definitely staying away from them. Sanjay also said “I have the Denon X2500H exclusively. Ask anyone else and they won’t have it.”

Online stores....you need to confirm with respective service centers if warranty will be honoured.

Not sure if this is still relevant for you but I am using Denox X2400 from last 3 years and it is as good as new. It switches on at 6 Am in the morning and runs till 12 in the night. No UPS or anything attached to it so it is also exposed to occasional power cuts. Parts can be a problem for any brand after few years but I don't think there is much to change in and Amp/AVR.

Why not try from Hifimart. If you have any doubts then you can speak to Mr. Anil who is a very accommodative person. Other option is to try Kripa Electronics in Santacruz west . They are well known & use to keep Denon & Elac at least when I had gone there over a year back for Elac speakers demo. You can meet Mr. Manoj.

Kripa Electronics India (KEI) Phone 022 68312727/ 26051781/82, 9870977626
  • G 52, Roop Mangal, 16th Road, Santacruz West ,off linking road, Mumbai - 400054, Near Rajesh Khanna Garden, Corner Of Main Avenue (Map)

I find Ooberpad rates more on the expensive side.

From what i have heard, there is another distributor for Denon whose presence is more on the North side and ProFX are not the only authorized distributors in India. Dont have any concrete proof, just stating what i have heard.

ProFX told me they won’t honour any warranty unless the AVR is purchased directly from them so I think there are different authorized service centers.

Not sure if this is still relevant for you but I am using Denox X2400 from last 3 years and it is as good as new. It switches on at 6 Am in the morning and runs till 12 in the night. No UPS or anything attached to it so it is also exposed to occasional power cuts. Parts can be a problem for any brand after few years but I don't think there is much to change in and Amp/AVR.

Very relevant, thank you! Puts my mind at ease. If I don’t get the Marantz SR5013 I’ll go for the X2400H or X2500H.

How’s the AVR for movies and which speakers are you powering?

Why not try from Hifimart. If you have any doubts then you can speak to Mr. Anil who is a very accommodative person. Other option is to try Kripa Electronics in Santacruz west . They are well known & use to keep Denon & Elac at least when I had gone there over a year back for Elac speakers demo. You can meet Mr. Manoj.

Kripa Electronics India (KEI) Phone 022 68312727/ 26051781/82, 9870977626
  • G 52, Roop Mangal, 16th Road, Santacruz West ,off linking road, Mumbai - 400054, Near Rajesh Khanna Garden, Corner Of Main Avenue (Map)

I find Ooberpad rates more on the expensive side.

Thanks for the details!

Is HiFimart reputable? Anyone from here have experience with

Yeah Ooberpad is very expensive!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back