AVR and Projector from Dubai

GeorgeO

A family member going to Dubai next month asked me to suggest which make and model of AVR( mid level) and HD projector he could buy. Re AVR my suggestion was either an Onkyo ( maybe even Integra depending on price) or Denon, not sure about projectors.

Is the price difference worth it, what about warranty issues? Any input welcome

Thanks

I had bought my Onkyo TX NR 818 from Kuwait for 42K, indian price was 95K..

My friend had bought Onkyo TX NR 626 for 23K in Dubai during Dubai Shopping Festival while the India Price was around 60K..

Onkyo India don't honour warranty for international purchase.. But if original bill copy is produced, they do accept for service..

Hi George

There would be a number of AVRs available, audition and decide what sounds good within the decided budget.....

Re AVR my suggestion was either an Onkyo ( maybe even Integra depending on price) or Denon, not sure about projectors.

George, please go through my thread - http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/61703-your-inputs-please.html.

Onkyo seems to be having HDMI and heating issues even now after some 6 or 7 years. It is not really plug and play. Denon 2200 has 5 stars from What HiFi, and sounds really nice. If your friend likes really powerful movie sound, I would go for the Pioneer, if possible the SC-LX59. Their technology is far ahead of everything else.

Is the price difference worth it, what about warranty issues? Any input welcome

You will not get any support from local dealers and distributors if you get from outside India. That is a factor you have to take care of.

Cheers

Is your hunt still on? I'm in Dubai. At Sharaf DG Denon 4100 aed 4000. Denon 2200 aed 3200 Marantz 5010 aed 3300. Marantz currently out of stock due to huge demand. Exchange rate of aed is approximately. Rs18.5.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back