AVR(as streamer dac) + INTEGRATED AMP FOR STEREO (PLEASE SUGGEST)

Hi, i am looking for streo setup, which will be a better option,
1. Avr as dac and streamer + integrated amp (marantz 1609 or yamaha 685 with rega elex r or roksan k3)
2. Streamer + integrated amp (bluos node 2i + rega elex r or roksan k3)

Which will have better stereo separation and performance?
For stereo listening nothing beats a stereo setup. Check out the topping d50 dac on sale. Hook it to a good stereo amp or a Pre + Power amp combo.

Which speakers do you have?

MaSh

That's a great buy. Picked in India or abroad?

Do create a new thread and put down your impressions. A lot of members are looking out for such a device.

MaSh

I purchased locally in Hyderabad. I'm waiting for my speakers, once I set it up with the speakers I will share my thoughts.

I decided to go with Yamaha R-N803 integrated network amp for my living room stereo setup. It has room correction, a major draw for me as my speaker placement is not ideal. Also, has streaming support for Spofity, Tidal and Deezer, has ability to play FLAC/DSD from NAS/HDD. The Airplay support is also quite good for Apple Music support.
I would have got same if it had preampout.

For stereo listening nothing beats a stereo setup. Check out the topping d50 dac on sale. Hook it to a good stereo amp or a Pre + Power amp combo.

Which speakers do you have?

MaSh
Speaker hunt is going on but most likely bnw.

I also want to keep it as simple as possible, all in 1 something like nad c388(only deal breaker is class D power), i also have a parasound a23+ power amp ,

so bit confused whether to go with bluos node 2i and roksan k3 , or just get a good pre for it. But then streamer separate and all that device too much to handle for me.

Do anyone have any idea about nad c658 , it looks like all in 1 solution with awesom specs, any experience?

I also want to keep it as simple as possible, all in 1 something like nad c388(only deal breaker is class D power), i also have a parasound a23+ power amp ,

so bit confused whether to go with bluos node 2i and roksan k3 , or just get a good pre for it. But then streamer separate and all that device too much to handle for me.

Do anyone have any idea about nad c658 , it looks like all in 1 solution with awesom specs, any experience?

If you already have a power amp (a parasound at that) just add a DAC/preamp and be done.
Node 2i can be your DAC/pre.
Did you try the KEFs with the Parasound amp, before parting with them?
Because KEFs use Parasound in the US as preferred match when they showcase their speakers.

Cheers,
Raghu

If you already have a power amp (a parasound at that) just add a DAC/preamp and be done.
Node 2i can be your DAC/pre.
Did you try the KEFs with the Parasound amp, before parting with them?
Because KEFs use Parasound in the US as preferred match when they showcase their speakers.

Cheers,
Raghu
No, it arrives 2 day after i parted with kef and yes i bought parasound specially for kef, but now i am more intended towards roksan, so lets see how things work out, do node 2i have enough gain to drive a power amp?

No, it arrives 2 day after i parted with kef and yes i bought parasound specially for kef, but now i am more intended towards roksan, so lets see how things work out, do node 2i have enough gain to drive a power amp?
Hmmm ...
You should have waited to pair up A23+ and R3.
Anyways, Node 2i has volume control, implying variable output.
So my guess is it can be connected to a power amp directly.
Please confirm with Bluesound though.
Cheers,
Raghu

Hmmm ...
You should have waited to pair up A23+ and R3.
Anyways, Node 2i has volume control, implying variable output.
So my guess is it can be connected to a power amp directly.
Please confirm with Bluesound though.
Cheers,
Raghu
Yeah even i feel the same now:p
But lets see what works out now

Got the A23+ from US? Mule service :)
If so, pricing details (if you are comfortable disclosing).
Cheers,
Raghu

Roksan K3 is an amazing Amp. Recently upgraded from Marantz PM7004.. I used to think Marantz PM7004 is great , but I realise what I was missing.

Was struggling with the same choices. Just ordered a Denon DRA800h stereo receiver. All in one solution.

Yamaha RN803 offers the same.

I chose Denon because I have been very happy with my Denon receivers.

I was in the same confusion last month and had kept a choice between
Network streaming receiver like
Denon DRA800h
Yamaha RN 803D
Onkyo TX 8250/70
Marantz NR1200
AV receiver....
Denon AVR x3600h
Marantz SR6013
IA amplifier.....with DAC & USB audio input
Cambridge audio CXA80
Yamaha A S701
Marantz PM7005
Denon PM800ne
Pre-Owned
Rotal RA 1570
Denon PM1600ne
Marantz PM8006
AVR+PA
Entry level avr like Marantz NR 15xx/16xx with heos app for music streaming option with two channels power amplifier from Emotiva , Crown etc. In this case avr will work as pre- amplifier,DAC,Processor and steamer with the additional goodies of avr like inputs/output, Bass management, easy acoustic calibration options, speakers setup etc.
I have purchased Marantz NR1608 from FM and connected it with BA A360 speakers with 80 Hz cut off. Anything below 80 Hz is handled by Polk DSW Pro-550i subwoofer . The current set up sounds better than my expectations and AVR runs cool as low end load is shared by Subwoofer. Last week auditioned Emotiva A-300 PA with MA Bronze5 speakers and emotiva sound better than most of the mid segment avr. ( Auditioned MA-B5 with Pioneer and Denon avr in past ). Now I am not sure which PA to buy A-300( 2 channels) or A-500( 5 channels) as difference is near about 8-10 k only but power difference is 150w vs 110w. Cost of PA is almost 50k and already spend 35k on avr. So total cost will be 85 k for avr+PA. Will this combo sounds better than 85 k IA on Not.
Most of the time I use laptop for streaming of Tidal as it is not available on AVR and Spotify on AVR. Main intention of AVR was having Tidal and Spotify through HEOS application so that I can disconnect laptop and its internal DAC but failed to get that. Now in confusion shall I go for Emotiva PA or spend some more money for IA like CA CXA 80 or similar one from other brand.
Solution....
Premium IA with digital inputs and stand alone network streamer like blusound, Yamaha or Paradigm PW Link may be the best option for great stereo setup. Because using separate streamer,DAC/pre amp and power amp may cause more distortion in sound due to various I/O connections and may degrade the sound quality.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back