AVR for Mordaunt-Short Aviano

mandark

What would be best AVR suited for Mordaunt-Short Aviano series of speakers?

We are thinking of pairing Aviano with Denon 1911. Would this be a good choice?

Also, is there any major change in the sound signature after "break in" period for Aviano series?

Denon AVR and Amps pair very well with Mordaunt Short speakers generally. I have heard a lot of their combinations and most of them are very musical.

If you are using Aviano 1 or 2, then the AVR will work fine. If you plan to use Aviano 6 or 8, then the 1911 will work but will be slightly on the lower side especially with Aviano 8. In case of Aviano 8, you should opt for a higher AVR.

^
I'm planning to get Aviano 2 (F) + Aviano 5 (C) and then build 5.1 based on the series (Aviano 1 (R) + Aviano 7 (Sub)) ^_^

I use the MS Avant series. I dont know if they sound very different from the aviano. I use them with Yamaha RX-V661 AVR and it sounds great.

^
I'm planning to get Aviano 2 (F) + Aviano 5 (C) and then build 5.1 based on the series (Aviano 1 (R) + Aviano 7 (Sub)) ^_^

Wats d quote u got for dese speakers.. Audition dem with Yamaha-V667 and Denon 1911...and den decide... which suits yr taste... :clapping:
As it is said.. The Best Music lies in d ears of the beholder... :yahoo:

Wats d quote u got for dese speakers.. Audition dem with Yamaha-V667 and Denon 1911...and den decide... which suits yr taste... :clapping:
As it is said.. The Best Music lies in d ears of the beholder... :yahoo:

Price of a pair Aviano 2 is 23K, center is 15K and rear pair of Aviano 1 is 18K in Kolkata. However the denon is sold by profx only and they do not keep aviano and vice versa. If we have to pair and then decide then the only option will be to purchase the Aviano-s and then take them to profx for a live audition not sure whether they are going to entertain it.

Price of a pair Aviano 2 is 23K, center is 15K and rear pair of Aviano 1 is 18K in Kolkata. However the denon is sold by profx only and they do not keep aviano and vice versa. If we have to pair and then decide then the only option will be to purchase the Aviano-s and then take them to profx for a live audition not sure whether they are going to entertain it.

In case u have finalised d speakers...den taking dem to ProFx is only d option..or ask in d forum... Memebers of kolkota with Denon or Yamaha might help...

@mandark:while at Audition i found Aviano 2 a bit power hungry speakers than most of the speakers there(SKS). So i think u should go for 1911(atleast) or above for better results.

Mordaunt Short speakers are generally quite power hungry. 1911 will handle the speakers you are considering but if you want the best sound, opt for a higher power amp/avr.

Mordaunt Short speakers are generally quite power hungry. 1911 will handle the speakers you are considering but if you want the best sound, opt for a higher power amp/avr.

After checking Denon 1911, Yamaha V667 and Onkyo 608, we decided to opt for Denon 1911... but that was before selecting Aviano.

I'm open to suggestion on a higher power amp.

Do not skip marantz SR 5005 avr during your auditions. I am sure it will perform musically better than others mentioned here.

Do not skip marantz SR 5005 avr during your auditions. I am sure it will perform musically better than others mentioned here.

This is difficult for us to get in Kolkata. No dealer will be able to make it available for audition.

I suggest Denon AVR-3311 (double the price of 1911 but worth it).

getting 3311 will also increase our expenditure towards rear and center since the per channel RMS will also increase thereby demanding speakers that can handle the higher power. If I had to go for Denon 3311 for higher power then I will prefer getting 1 Yamaha V667 for high RMS output use its preamps to drive the Denon 1911 :)

getting 3311 will also increase our expenditure towards rear and center since the per channel RMS will also increase thereby demanding speakers that can handle the higher power. If I had to go for Denon 3311 for higher power then I will prefer getting 1 Yamaha V667 for high RMS output use its preamps to drive the Denon 1911 :)

If you are worried about the center and rear speakers (the ones that you have choosen from Mordaunt Short) then don't worry. They will also work fine.

If we forget the speakers that you have opted for and the AVR you are considering, there's one small thing to keep in mind -
Higher power per channel amp will work better with a given pair of speakers than under-powered. Under-powered amplifiers will cause distortion and can even damage the speakers if driven to extremes.

hey guys if you are set for 1911 then we can make a deal with profx and lower the price generally the price comes to 40 after discount you guys are buying 2 and me 1 so 3 pieces can be discounted to 38-39 k i think, also i'm buying aviano 2 and aviano sub sks quoted 22000+27000 , if we buy 3 pair i think it can be reduced to 45k as many have got that in this price,what say ??? lets bargain. if you go to sks please bargain this prices for 3 pairs and let me know and i'll hook up and buy it with you guys. :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back