AVR for Pioneer SP FS52

surajb

Hi...I am considering purchasing Pioneer SP FS52 floor standing speakers. I have couple of questions.
1. Should I be considering any other entry level budget speakers in the same price range?
2. Which will be the best AVR for these speakers? Again budget AVR...is anything available for around 15k or less

Thanks in advance for all your help

Or even Yamaha which has good after sale service.If you need only for stereo,then don't go for AVR.AJ series now getting rare.Yesterday my friend didn't get it in alpha market.

I'd recommend you go for the Norge 1200 Pre-Power combo (costs somewhere around 22k). extremely capable amp for the price and pairs very well with the FS-52.
If your budget is really tight and you can't go for a solid amp then I'd recommend not getting the FS-52 coz any low-fi AVR wouldn't do justice to these extremely talented speakers.
How big is your room? If it is not larger than atleast 10x15, floorstanders might not be useful. Look for a nice pair of bookshelves (Pioneer BS-22, around 12k), a Powered sub (eg: Mission MS8, around 13k) and then add a budget AVR. This combo should sound good enough if the room is small.
Hope this helps! Best of luck with your purchase! :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back