AVR Hack for Pre- outs

Amarendra this has come at the right time for me. I am currently using two separate setups for Movies and Music and was wondering if there would be a way for me to use the same set of speakers for F&L. I had tried a switch earlier but some how did not like it and removed it. I was recently thinking that if only my AVR (Pioneer VSX 1122) had preouts for F & L, I could have used that to connect to my stereo amp and could have used the same speakers. Unfortunately my AVR did not have preouts. It has Zone2 out, which I thought I could use but apparently it does not work for digital signals, so that was ruled out.

Anyways where did you buy this Rockford Fosgate RF-HLC High Level Speaker Signal to Low Level RCA Adapter?. It shows out of stock in Amazon.
Worth a try for me.

Thank you.

Amarendra this has come at the right time for me. I am currently using two separate setups for Movies and Music and was wondering if there would be a way for me to use the same set of speakers for F&L. I had tried a switch earlier but some how did not like it and removed it. I was recently thinking that if only my AVR (Pioneer VSX 1122) had preouts for F & L, I could have used that to connect to my stereo amp and could have used the same speakers. Unfortunately my AVR did not have preouts. It has Zone2 out, which I thought I could use but apparently it does not work for digital signals, so that was ruled out.

Anyways where did you buy this Rockford Fosgate RF-HLC High Level Speaker Signal to Low Level RCA Adapter?. It shows out of stock in Amazon.
Worth a try for me.

Thank you.

Check this out.

Speaker Switch
MaSh

Thanks for the write-up. I to have the Denon X2500H and looking for more punch. What actual Rockford Fosgate did you use on this set-up? Was it by any chance the RF-HLC model?
The Denon 2500h does not require an external amp unless you are connecting really demanding speakers. Read my post on how much power an AVR needs.

Worth a try for me.

Thank you.
If you have dual binding posts behind each speaker keep the metal connector between the terminals as is and connect one set of LR speaker terminals to your AVR and another pair of wires from the other binding post or terminal from the same speaker to an external stereo amp. Just ensure that the amp and AVR are not switched on at the same time. This way you can just switch on the stereo amp for music and just the AVR for movies.

Replying late ,but attempt was made long back-

The pioneer is very difficult to hack unless you are really good at soldering. The Denon was easier since it uses 13 pin wire terminals. So I could just tuck in a wire at the junction where the preamp connects to the amp board. But of course you need a magnifying glass to see those tiny wires.

Hi! I also need more punch from my denon avrx2500h
I have dali zensor 3 as fronts and backs, dali zensor center , dali alteco as heights, and svs sb1000 as a subwoofer.

Please anvise the easiest way to hack my system for add more power on it. Thanks. Waiting.

Hi everyone,
I have a Denon receiver as well,it has a zone 2 out but no pre out.
I bought a seperate high end amp for my other audio equipment and my record player that i want to connect my speakers to.
The Denon receiver does work with the zone2 to the amp out but unfortunately i cant get it to work when i want to use 5.1 channels.
Ive contacted Denon to see if i can use Zone2 as a front channel preout but they said its not possible. The guy on the phone is going to check with an engineer and see if there is any possible way (i dont think he will actually do this but I'll post an update if i ever get feedback from them).

I did some more research about the high low level converters and i noticed that Teufel actually made one that is designed for AV receivers:
its very cheap as well, i've ordered it and i'll post my findings here

Last edited:
Hi,

I got the Teufel converter connected and it does works good, its only a bit sensitive sometimes, when i turn the volume a few steps down i cant hear anything but when its only 2-3 db up the sound comes through loud and clear, it can sometimes be a pain to setup the correct volume if you want to use it with a 5.1 channel setup, especially with the center channel, I heard and read on some places that people even decide to disconnect the center speaker because it gets overwhelmed by the front speakers anyway, and this is what i noticed, especially now that my front speakers are connected on a dedicated amp.

I've read some reviews of the Teufel converter that it might give some noise but didn't really noticed that and it has a grounding cable that you can connect to the ground wire of the AM antenna of the receiver to reduce noise as well.

I do notice that my Cambridge Audio AXA35 has a very high noise floor, i keep hearing a hiss on it even when nothing is connected besides the power cable and even when i connect the power cable to another outlet in the hallway or the kitchen i hear the same "hiss"noise, i can hear the noise even in my seating position about 3 meters/10 ft away.. , the hiss noise is exactly the same level on any volume level, does anyone if there is anything i can do about that? maybe i should search it somewhere on the forum

Worth a try for me.

Thank you.

Late reply , but most car audio shops should have a High level to low level converter available - absolutely no idea
about the sound quality, but they should be very cheap - worth a quick try.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back