avr prices in pune

suprateep

i have recently bought a 42 plasma after a lot of help from this forum. My next investment is a HT system and component system is the way to go. Now I am at a loss searching for HT shops in Pune (am new here).

I gto a quote of 19K for HTR 6130 Yamaha at Vijay Sales and Chroma and a JBl shop at MG road quoted 18k and 30k for Harman Kardon AVR133/155 respectively. But I feel that Onkyo 606 is a better deal.

Can anyone tell me where to get Onkyo or Denons in Pune. And what would be the possible prices for Onkyo 606 and Denon 1909.

And what speakers to go for.

I really really need help here from the Pune junta.:D

For Denons you can check at the Jamo shop on North main road, KP.
For Onkyo you can check with AV Excellence on Akhshay complex, DP road

For Denons you can check at the Jamo shop on North main road, KP.
For Onkyo you can check with AV Excellence on Akhshay complex, DP road

so what do you suggest ?

the denon 1909 or the onkyo? and what are the prices? IMHO most of the dealers in pune would leave you with a feeling of being conned
:eek:

That's very true. There are very few dealers in Pune. IMO its better to pick up ur av equipment from mumbai if u visit frequently. Atleast u can get quotes from few other dealers before you finalize on the dealer and yes definitely audition both of them 1st. Onkyo is a bang with movies but ok with music. :)

That's very true. There are very few dealers in Pune. IMO its better to pick up ur av equipment from mumbai if u visit frequently. Atleast u can get quotes from few other dealers before you finalize on the dealer and yes definitely audition both of them 1st. Onkyo is a bang with movies but ok with music. :)

so i can give mumbai a try - what are the estimated rates for the same. Imean

Yamaha 663/863
Denon 1909
Onkyo 606/706

Yamaha 663/863
Denon 1909
Onkyo 606/706

That would vary from place to place. A good place would be to start online at least to give you an indication to start off with. Check the link I posted of Sumaria, that's as good a place to start as any. Hope it helps and all the best in your quest to build your HT. Do post some pics when done...

Yamaha 663/863
Denon 1909
Onkyo 606/706

No offense to Pune dwellers but its like a poor cousin to Mumbai for HT. I used to live there not too long ago and made the 4 hr trip whenever I got a chance. Mumbai is the place for HT shopping unless there are hidden gems in Pune.

No offense to Pune dwellers but its like a poor cousin to Mumbai for HT. I used to live there not too long ago and made the 4 hr trip whenever I got a chance. Mumbai is the place for HT shopping unless there are hidden gems in Pune.

i guess so. i checked out one store in Bundh Garden road today - the price quoted for the 606 is 40k whereas in sumaria in mumbai it retails for 34k only. in the us it sells for <400USD. Even with a exchange rate of 50 - this is daylight robbery in india.

only if the amp were smaller i could carry it back easily from the us

i was quoted 50 k for a onkyo sr 606 paired along with SKS-HT230 by avexcellance pune. I plan to use these speakers as a 5.1 setup for sometime and later upgrade to a pair of towers with bass reflex later on for a 7.1 experience.

do the prices seem reasonable?

i was quoted 50 k for a onkyo sr 606 paired along with SKS-HT230 by avexcellance pune. I plan to use these speakers as a 5.1 setup for sometime and later upgrade to a pair of towers with bass reflex later on for a 7.1 experience.

do the prices seem reasonable?

Price of AVR 35k + SKS-HT230 30k(mrp) ,combo 50k is best buy.
Still you can ask for free gift/DVDs etc.

Price of AVR 35k + SKS-HT230 30k(mrp) ,combo 50k is best buy.
Still you can ask for free gift/DVDs etc.

correction onkyo has jacked up the prices of the amp from 35k to 40k - just checked with the dealers in mumbai today. Yamah too has increased the prices - the 663 now retails at 52k.

The av dealer in pune though can settle for the package for 53k with a hdmi cable and few dvds thrown in for good measure.

Still a good deal?

One more question - since i am very well spending some money - why not go for the denon 1909 - it seems onkyo 606 is head to head wrt to music fidelity but the onkyo has poor upscaling.

One question i did not found the answer from the forums (maybe i was careless) - does the 606 process audio from hdmi or just passes it straight through.

And final take - denon 1909 or the onkyo 606.....this is my first step towards a av so need all the advice.

Agree,I auditon 663 & 606 today @ alliance4 & found Yam & Onk price gone up.Denon has same price.
So intelligence to buy Denon for price,features & performance.

Agree,I auditon 663 & 606 today @ alliance4 & found Yam & Onk price gone up.Denon has same price.
So intelligence to buy Denon for price,features & performance.

how much are they quoting for the denon - here its around 43k. Weird because it sells for $500-550 in the US without discounts.

Denon is capable - atleast the 1909 in that budget. Yamaha is bright and speaker choice is important for good fidelity. Onkyo can go with budget speakers though the denon 1909 if paired with good speakers really brings out the best.

So what are you going for?

Me settled for the package of 606 + ht230 for 53k. Will get towers with bass reflex in the next 6 months.

Hi Suprateep,

You can get in touch with Jay of Sound and Vision. You may get some good prices for Yamaha AVRs.

P.S. If you have yet not finalized your deal.

how much are they quoting for the denon - here its around 43k. Weird because it sells for $500-550 in the US without discounts.

Denon is capable - atleast the 1909 in that budget. Yamaha is bright and speaker choice is important for good fidelity. Onkyo can go with budget speakers though the denon 1909 if paired with good speakers really brings out the best.

So what are you going for?

Me settled for the package of 606 + ht230 for 53k. Will get towers with bass reflex in the next 6 months.

Price of Denon 1909 is 42k,but dealor says there will be some discount on MRP.

correction onkyo has jacked up the prices of the amp from 35k to 40k - just checked with the dealers in mumbai today. Yamah too has increased the prices - the 663 now retails at 52k.

And final take - denon 1909 or the onkyo 606.....this is my first step towards a av so need all the advice.

In Sumaria the price is still 34K, is this company is reliable and is it advisable to purchase online.

In Sumaria the price is still 34K, is this company is reliable and is it advisable to purchase online.

the prices have not been updated. i spoke to Bimlesh the sales head in mumbai and within a space of 2 days they increased the prices to 40k. he admitted that the prices online have not been updated as of now.
hence i went ahead and got a deal from pune for the onkyo 606 for 36k

You can buy your Denon amps in Pune from
1) Av Excellence at Dhole Patil ROad
2) The HK/JBL store at MG road also sell Denon
3) Silo Media
4) Oceanic

You can buy it from any of the above, just carefull that the stock they are giving you if from the new distributor called KEI from bombay and not from Denons old distributor called PROFX> Profx has been selling soiled and refurbished stock for the last three months since they lost their distribution.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back