AVR Receiver on Amazon

Hi,

I intend to purchase the x2400h on Amazon. Any idea if Denon has a service center in Bangalore or should I buy it from a dealer. Since it's a discontinued model not sure if dealer will have it in stock

Always buy AV receiver from dealers, Denon/Yamaha doesn't honour any online purchase from online portals like Amazon/Flipkart. They ask for warranty card with dealers stamp.

If the seller is an authorised reseller and provides one with proper invoice on Amazon, I don't think there should be any difference b/w online and offline purchase. Why does one need to even mention it was bought online?

A friend of mine bought a Denon amp online form Amazon, but ProFX refused to honour the warranty. He had to pay to get it repaired. I believe that there is an ongoing feud between online sellers and authorised distributors like ProFX. My advice would be to buy from dealers, until this issue is sorted out.

If the seller is an authorised reseller and provides one with proper invoice on Amazon, I don't think there should be any difference b/w online and offline purchase. Why does one need to even mention it was bought online?
I guess these are just policies of the distributors and I think you need special approval from the distributors to be able to sell it online. Because sometimes online grey market stock is also pushed on by some sellers so it may be hard to distinguish the officially imported ones from the grey market ones and the distributors don’t want to get into that hassle at all so they simply deny.

Always buy AV receiver from dealers, Denon/Yamaha doesn't honour any online purchase from online portals like Amazon/Flipkart. They ask for warranty card with dealers stamp.

Already did , sent the receiver back during the return period and purchased one locally. However i did get in touch with the online seller, he mentioned that he was a reseller and distributor would honor the warranty since Amazon here is just the medium of sale similar to something like say www.hifimart.com

I guess these are just policies of the distributors and I think you need special approval from the distributors to be able to sell it online. Because sometimes online grey market stock is also pushed on by some sellers so it may be hard to distinguish the officially imported ones from the grey market ones and the distributors don’t want to get into that hassle at all so they simply deny.
Yes that is true. My point is simply that if it's a seller like HTStore or ProFx and they provide same bill/invoice in online as they do in offline purchase it should be safe to do so because there really is no difference except mode of payment.

Yes that is true. My point is simply that if it's a seller like HTStore or ProFx and they provide same bill/invoice in online as they do in offline purchase it should be safe to do so because there really is no difference except mode of payment.
In any case I almost always get a better deal from local stores except on Mobile/Laptop and few other stuff. Specially for Audio equipments I prefer local stores.
My last two speakers purchase were purely over whatapp though :p

Yes that’s perfectly fine because they’ll come with proper GST invoices I suppose.

That's true, a valid bill along with confirmation of being an authorized reseller should be fine regardless of the medium of purchase.

good pricing......it is listed at Rs.70k on amazon
I purchased it locally hence the better price :)

You have to provide invoice to avail warranty

Expensive. I got x2600H recently for around 55k from a local dealer in Mumbai.

Specs wise X2400H is not too bad for the price. X2600H is 10-12k more expensive for a person on a strict budget. As posted in the thread i went for a X2600H for 56k locally.

You have to provide invoice to avail warranty

I think what @sandeeprawat intends to mention here is for any authorized purchase via a reseller their actual dealer invoice would be the same regardless of the mode of purchase ( not the Amazon purchase invoice) and as long as he is a valid reseller we dont need to mention the mode of purchase.

Certain distributors provide the warranty for online purchase only from A particular seller.
For this you need to check with the distributor first who is the A particular seller. If he is listed, the warranty will be valid.

If I go for x2400H what I will be missing?
You would not miss much unless you plan to upgrade your TV with eARC support in the near future. Since it's going to be soon a 3 generation old product , getting ready support for replacement during warranty might be a problem

You can look here for a detailed comparison

You would not miss much unless you plan to upgrade your TV with eARC support in the near future. Since it's going to be soon a 3 generation old product , getting ready support for replacement during warranty might be a problem

You can look here for a detailed comparison
Thanks that was helpful

that's great....can you please provide me dealer's contact no. I am also looking to buy the same

The Dealer name is Dev Pro Traders and his shop is in Lamington road. You can tell him the guy who recently bought Polk and Denon gave your reference and he might give some discount.
Contact- Deepak Thakkar- 9779804722

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back