AVR switching off on its own

There is no CEC implementation on the PC graphics card so it should never interfere with the AVR power state (on/off). Is it possible that the remote codes are similar for the two devices? Can you try powering on the TV and AVR without the remotes and see if you can reproduce the problem?

Another possibility is HDMI CEC signals between TV and AVR. Try turning this feature off on both your TV & AVR. See if that solves the problem.

There is no CEC implementation on the PC graphics card so it should never interfere with the AVR power state (on/off). Is it possible that the remote codes are similar for the two devices? Can you try powering on the TV and AVR without the remotes and see if you can reproduce the problem?

Another possibility is HDMI CEC signals between TV and AVR. Try turning this feature off on both your TV & AVR. See if that solves the problem.
AVR switch is always on. I only off the main. Y

I used tv's HDMI non ARC. AVR ARC cannot be switched off. AVR is left on and i use the wall outlet to on/off. Powering without remote also cause AVR to off itself

AVR switch is always on. I only off the main. Y

I used tv's HDMI non ARC. AVR ARC cannot be switched off. AVR is left on and i use the wall outlet to on/off. Powering without remote also cause AVR to off itself
ARC is audio return channel and different from CEC (consumer equipment control). You can turn off CEC in HDMI settings. I remember seeing that option in my old RX-V475. The option is called HDMI Control in the menu I believe.

Powering without remote also cause AVR to off itself
Not sure I understand this, but are you saying if your AVR is on standby (Mains on) and you press the power button on the AVR, it doesn't turn on or possibly turns on and then goes back in standby mode?

If this is the case then maybe the protection circuit is triggering the power off. This can be caused by very low impedance or an electrical short circuit on any of the amp outputs. Alternatively, it can also indicate a bad power supply.

@Dwaipayan is most probably right. It must be protection circuit switching off the AVR.

All AVRs have a microprocessor that controls this protection circuit and all AVRs have a diagnostic function that can be turned on by pressing few keys in combination on the AVR or the remote. You need to read the user/service manual for your AVR. In all cases that I have come across when AVR shuts off, all you need to do is press the power on button on the remote or on the AVR (don't switch off the main power in the outlet as that will cause the last error to be wiped off). When the AVR switches off and you switch on using the remote power button what do you see on the AVR display?

@Dwaipayan is most probably right. It must be protection circuit switching off the AVR.

All AVRs have a microprocessor that controls this protection circuit and all AVRs have a diagnostic function that can be turned on by pressing few keys in combination on the AVR or the remote. You need to read the user/service manual for your AVR. In all cases that I have come across when AVR shuts off, all you need to do is press the power on button on the remote or on the AVR (don't switch off the main power in the outlet as that will cause the last error to be wiped off). When the AVR switches off and you switch on using the remote power button what do you see on the AVR display?
Displays the surround mode, 5ch surround and HDMI 2 in red. Read the manual and it doesn't show how to diagnose.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back