AVR USB power

uncle_lazy_at

Hey Folks,

This is probably a simple thing which I couldn't figure out. Need some assistance on this

I have x1700 and a laptop cooling pad kept on top of the AVR for cooling purpose. The power source is front USB. Earlier when I put the AVR in standby mode (red button in remote), the cooling pad powered off but now from past couple of weeks this behaviour is changed. The cooling pad is still on(fan is running too not just light) even after i press the red button in remote. I don't remember doing any changes in the settings.

How to change this behaviour ?

Hey Folks,

This is probably a simple thing which I couldn't figure out. Need some assistance on this

I have x1700 and a laptop cooling pad kept on top of the AVR for cooling purpose. The power source is front USB. Earlier when I put the AVR in standby mode (red button in remote), the cooling pad powered off but now from past couple of weeks this behaviour is changed. The cooling pad is still on(fan is running too not just light) even after i press the red button in remote. I don't remember doing any changes in the settings.

How to change this behaviour ?
Did you play with the AVR settings? My TV has a setting where the USB port can remain on when tv is switched on. This setting item is in the Power saving menu. Even in my computer BIOS setting I can chose if I want to have the USB deliver power when computer is shutdown.

So most likely this will be a setting in the AVR.

Did you play with the AVR settings? My TV has a setting where the USB port can remain on when tv is switched on. This setting item is in the Power saving menu. Even in my computer BIOS setting I can chose if I want to have the USB deliver power when computer is shutdown.

So most likely this will be a setting in the AVR.
Ahhh (bulb on top of my head ) I did switch off eco mode but that was a month back but thsi i noticed a couple of weeks back. OR may be i didnt notice it for couple of weeks.

I was searching for USB setting in AVR but didn't look for power saving stuff. will check one more time.

Ahhh (bulb on top of my head ) I did switch off eco mode but that was a month back but thsi i noticed a couple of weeks back. OR may be i didnt notice it for couple of weeks.

I was searching for USB setting in AVR but didn't look for power saving stuff. will check one more time.
Most likely it will be the eco mode setting.

Yes, that helped :D

I never touched this settings before. (Or I don't know if I have unintentionally changed it while going through the setting)
I found the reason. I started using Remote App couple of weeks back.

The below snippet is from Denon guide

When using the web control function, Denon 2016 AVR Remote App or HEOS App, use with the “Network Control” setting set to “Always On”.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back