Axiom M60 or Monitor Audio RX6

Cool! How much do the 826 cost? And imports and shipping on the ID ones?

The 836 is close to $3000 in US, if I remember correctly. And, it was not even close to being in the same league as Salk ST. As long as you are aware of that, there surely are beneifts to avoid the cost as well as hassle of importing.

The 826 are for Rs. 1.1L w/o bargaining. Don't know how much discount I may be able to get but I am sure 10k at least.

The Salks are for just a few dollars less than $3000 including shipping and customs. Conversion (including the higher rate and conversion charges) it will be over Rs. 1.33L :(

The 836V are Rs. 1.34L without any bargaining/dealer's discount here. ;)

I see your problem. Can't add much here except that the Salks will be FAR better to look at and FAAR better to listen to :). But of course you have to keep the budget in mind.. Not an easy choice! I am sure you will be happy with either one of those :)

Do you mind stating the shipping and customs amounts separately too for the Salks. I am just curious.

Let me ask you this - have you heard the Polk LSi9? They are about $1000/pair and are known to be quite decent for music. If not, see if you can and post your impressions (don't buy them yet!).

Forgot to post follow-up on this old post I mentioned to you. The reason I had asked you about the LSi9 was to tell you about my recent experience with them. When I sold the SongTowers and SongCenter, I decided to try these for the interim period while HT2-TL and HT2C were being built. The LSi line is decently well-regarded in the $1000 range, so I thought if I like the sound somewhat I might keep them for a future bedroom set. Well, when I had the ST I was listening to music almost 2-3 hrs everyday late into the night since I used to enjoy them so much. The day I got the LSi, I COMPLETELY stopped listening to music. To me, by comparison, they were utterly unmusical, almost completely devoid of imaging and resolution and most importantly did not evoke any kind of emotional response in me like I had been experiencing with the ST. And this is when the Polk LSi line is known to be best for music. While I was expecting a fair amount of difference, I was still taken aback by its magnitude. In addition, I stopped watching one of my favorite shows I was watching those days because the intelligibility of the center channel went down so drastically. So, I have been going without ANY music or good movies/tv shows for the past month or so waiting for the Salks to arrive.. Like I mentioned earlier, the Salks have completely spoiled me!

I didn't want to share all this earlier, so it doesn't influence your impression of LSi, but did now as you are probably closer to your decision point.. Best of luck!

I did audition Polks(don't remember which model) but the biggest complaint I had with them was imaging(as pointed out by you as well)...it wasn't detailed and they tend to give out very synthesized sound. By that I mean I could make out that it was being produced by the speaker and sounded a little forced if you know what I mean.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back