B&W 683-S2 OR PSB Imagine X1T??

Nanz

Hi All,

Needed expert help in comparing/choosing between two systems I've shortlisted. I needed a music system for a living room (around 300 sq feet) which extend into an open terrace area. (450 square feet)

OPTIONS:
1. Bowers and Wilkins 683 S2. And if so with an Onkyo receiver? Or Marantz?
2. PSB Imagine X1T with an NAD stereo amp

We have also seen the Bang and Olufsen Beoplay A9 online - looks great in terms of design.

We basically listen to mid volume music - jazz, blues, country. I enjoy a clear bass sound

Look forward to all inputsthanks!!

Nanz,

B&W should be good at Bass dept making sure you Match they with High power amps, as they are Power Hungry by Nature.

Also there are rave reviews on the PSB X1T, PSB (Bright)+NAD Warm Should go well too. Have you tried auditioned them?

For 300 SQF, B&W would does the justice in general. But wait for the Experts to answer

Thanks so much! Auditioned and liked both systems - thats how shortlisted down to these - but now finding it difficult to choose!
Quick correction - just got the measurements today. The hall is 490 sq feet and the terrace is also around 500 sq feet. (but a separate small waterproof speaker can be added on for the terrace area)

Would the Onkyo Stereo Receiver TX - 8050 be good to pair with the B&W?

is the reciever important ?
if so the onky0 will have to do

otherwise the roksan intergrated pairs decently with B&W

the B&W does well vs the PSB for what you listen to

If you want the hear the best out of your speakers then settle for a good/matching stereo amp instead of a AV Receiver ... I would recommend this model if your budget permits ... I had a chance to listen to this amplifier at a friend's place paired with B&W 683 S2 speakers ... It has got very good reviews and this model is a combination of Amplifier + DAC ... Worth every penny for the price ... the quality of the built-in DAC is almost at par with the quality of an Arcam irDAC or even a little more than that.

One set of balanced inputs present to connect to any high-end source with balanced outputs.
5 digital inputs ... 2 Coaxial, 2 Optical and 1 USB input to connect a PC
Can be used a pre-amplifier by removing the jumpers

Product
Home Theater System Surround Sound Amplifier DVD Player - Rotel PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS

Reviews:
Rotel RA-1570 Review and Rating | Digital Trends

Rotel RA-1570 - AudioEnz

Authorised dealers in Mumbai
AudioVision India :: Dealers

All the best

Last edited:
Many thanks to all for the inputs!

For the amp - is there any other integrated amp you suggest that works well with the B&W 683 S2 speakers? The Rotel RA 1570 is around 1.7 lacs - was looking at a sub 1 lac budget for an integrated amp/ receiver

Thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back