B&W Nautilus Range Made in China?? Check this out ..

Bunn999

Just Check out this chinese speaker manufacturer named Forgings industiral limited , they have a very similar looking speaker of the high end B&W nautilus range....:eek:

FORGINGS INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD. PAGE 2

Since Most of the speakers are made in China these days, these Chinese companies sell the same speakers under different brand names.. check this link out its got a hundred speakers with manufacturing companies names and addresses which has replicas of almost all the speaker designs from mordaunt short to b&w's.. almost every possible design ! I'm sure these sell for real cheap out there..

Home theater system (5.1 channel) Manufacturers & Suppliers Click on " show Products" under Manufactures name.

Save some money and buy a ticket to CHINA!

Hi,

The forgings company in the question is one of the oldest and major OEM's from taiwan they are OEM for more then a dozen high profile brands which in paradigm,mission and various others !!

So its but natural for them to do these stuff's !! Yes there are 1000's of companies in china which makes clones of various branded speakers and electronics,but most of them are mere clones nothing more then that !! I know that all our guys too smart to get fooled by the mere looks of some product !!

Today Chinese speakers and audio products has flooded the market like anything giving hard time to some decent indian brands like NORGE,DNM,WOODSTOCK, etc and making them run for their money !!

An chinese 5 channel speaker package costs mere 5K (retail price after all the import duties and blah blah blah added) just to give an idea of what are capable of !! this includes front towers with 2 6.5" drivers and a 1"soft dome,center with 2 5.25" with 1/2" dome ,finally rear with 1 5.25" with 1/2" dome !!

So anyone getting too tempted,Proceed with extreme caution !!

Regards.

yeah but if they are OEM to bigger reputed companies and they sell similar products at the prices you mentioned what is the problem?? These manufactures dont pass on the benefit to the customers anyways.. Apart from that Almost 90% of these reputed companies get atleast some part of the speaker/amp made in china, could be drivers/cabinets/crossovers etc etc..

5k for a set like that is unbelievable! :eek:

Last edited:
Hi,

Am not talking bout this companies products at 5k !! I clearly mentioned that some chinese companies clone the looks and sell that cheap which again as said before mere clones nothing more then that !!

An decent clone also costs but not as much as the original though (not dirt cheap either as mentioned) !! but whatever said and done clone is clone !!

Thats the problem my friend !! otherwise people would've flocked to buy these then any original !!

Here's another B&W clone at the price that will pop your eye's even more !!

HDX288.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

AFAIK, B&W make their own drivers.The high end speaker cabinets are made in their own cabinet making factory either in Denmark or Sweden.

Regards
Rajiv

The new 600 series is the first to be made in china but by B&W China. The 683,684,685,686 are the first from the Co to sport the Made in China tag.
Sadly though it must be cheaper to manufacture the budget series there B&W have not lowered the prices internationally!!! and if i am correct the MRP s of the same have actually increased here.
Regards

Hi,

Excatly Dinyaar you are 100% right though its very economical to produce stuff in china its very sad and demoralizing for B&W to shift the production and rise the price instead of reducing !!

If you see the pic I've attached its a clone of 600 series and costs that much,Am not saying that it'll cost the same for B&W to make it china but it should not cost as much as in the europe where the labour costs are high and so is the material cost !! inspite of all these advantages they have not reduced will only show the companies the mentality !!

Regards.

jamo clones arent there i guess,
jamo only make their speakers in denmark rite??

cheers..

Their lower end range is all made in China.

No wonder the earlier models before year 2002 were sounding much much better than the new generation ones. Hope people dont get fooled by looks. There is more to a good sounding loudspeaker than mere looks. Afterall you dont look at a speaker but listen to them.

As per my information, these chinese companies have bought all the major loudspeaker brands for a huge chunk of money and now are trying to fool people around by producing clone of the original speakers with no emphasis given to design, manufacture and the likes, as 99% of the buyers unfortunately go by brand and not by the quality of the product. As said by other forum members exercise caution while purchasing.

Cheers,

Jamo went to china around 2005 once klipsch bought them over. I'm glad my jamo e875 e700 and avr 693 are all written "made in denmark" It's one of the reasons im scared to upgrade because i hear so many horror stories of amps going bad and their spare parts not being available easily as models have moved on. One of the main reasons why im not pulling the trigger on a proper stereo amplifier. Fear of it dying in less than 5 years.

Quad and Wharfedale are owned by a Chinese company.

I dont necessarily see that as a bad thing though.

Recently someone I know,got a Bose 2 channel speaker system for 6 thousand from Ghuanzao--China. They actually claim that its the replica and coincidentally they also sound good..

As per my information, these chinese companies have bought all the major loudspeaker brands for a huge chunk of money

This is your statement hari not mine ...and DO NOT BLOW AIR.....when you say ALL the Major brands then statistically leas 80% brands should be owned by chinese..so prove your facts ...i do not deny as this was the info I was unawre of .. so let me understand as Iam a noob..prove it man AND I WILL ACCEPT YOUR SUPERIORITY OF KNOWLEDGE..SIR..

This is your statement hari not mine ...and DO NOT BLOW AIR.....when you say ALL the Major brands then statistically leas 80% brands should be owned by chinese..so prove your facts ...i do not deny as this was the info I was unawre of .. so let me understand as Iam a noob..prove it man AND I WILL ACCEPT YOUR SUPERIORITY OF KNOWLEDGE..SIR..

As said earlier, i need not give proof to anybody as i am not in doubt but you are. If you want proof you will have to find it not me. I am no CID either.

Also i do not have anything against these Chinese brands as far as the major design is kept with the parent company and in China they do only the assembly of these speakers. What i meant was Speaker design is a complicated science and it takes years to perfect it which i doubt the Chinese will be able to do in the near future.

Check out the below link for similar discussions,
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archive/index.php/t-858551.html

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back