Back to Open Baffles..... with Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Voxativ

It was good fun listening to your setup Sameer. The sheer amount of hard work that has gone into this setup is evident abundantly. My only experience in the past with open baffle speakers were the emerald physics. Your current speakers are superior is all aspects. At least for my taste. When you combine full range extension and great macro dynamics with the flow and micro-dynamics of the voxativ driver, you get into a special realm which is sheer magic. In the audiophile world, there is a line that separates the multidriver speakers and single driver full range camps. If you want to combine the best of both the worlds without compromising much on either side, this is the way to go. Plus you get all the benefits only open baffle design can offer.

The soundstage is deep, wide and 3 dimensional. Removing the room from the equation is a difficult achievement. But this has been achieved with a fine balance so that the life in the music is not diminished due to over damping. I am sure the intrinsic qualities of the open baffle speakers has contributed to this a lot. I can see some clever room treatment as well. So the music just plays with a fine balance and flow. Everything start and stops with no overhang. The system’s ability to recreate the event is uncanny.

One of the most satisfying systems I have ever heard.

Thank you for the hospitality Sameer. Also, a big thinks to Nikhil for ferrying me half way through the city on a Monday to Sameer’s place. You guys in Hyderabad are just awesome !

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back