Bandridge Cables

amitky77

Hi All,
I just bought a Yamaha YHT-195 ampli cum speaker system. I wanted to know about the cables to be used to connect the system. The regular cables provided are shorter and I am planning to buy some extra ones. I came across a brand called Bandridge. I wanted to understand about what to see whlie purchasing the same (guage etc....) Also I would like to know the price and place to get the same in Mumbai.........

Any takers for this.........Its a bit urgent ...am waiting on an installation!!

Thanks a million in anticipation..

Hi amit,

Which Bandridge cables you want to buy?

I have used a Bandridge component video cable to connect my BigTv Set Top Box to the TV. It is a reasonable cable and people on this forum generally say this is a value-for-money brand.

I would not know about other varieties of Bandridge cable, like how good is their coaxial cable, HDMI cable or analog interconnects etc, because I have not used them.

I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum and have a nice time.

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
I am not an HT guy but am just suggesting options as u say its urgent.

Bandridge is supposed to be a VFM product much like accoustic research. I have no personal experience though.
I suggest u go to a place called Spectra Connectronics at lamington road and check out the cables. Apart from their own brand they carry belden. Buy 14 AWG for the speakers in the lengths u require and connectors if u plan to terminate the ends. They have tons of cables for all HT requirements and one can choose as the budget allows.
Another option is Lakozy at Chowpatty. They carry Supra and Jenteck. This will be a costlier option though.
Rgds

Places to check would be Reliance Digital and Croma. E-Zone does not stock too many cables. X-Cite does stock a fair bit.

Bandridge is a VFM brand, works well. I've been using their component and digital optical cables for a while now. Profigold is their sister concern but more expensive.

Places to check would be Reliance Digital and Croma. E-Zone does not stock too many cables. X-Cite does stock a fair bit.

Bandridge is a VFM brand, works well. I've been using their component and digital optical cables for a while now. Profigold is their sister concern but more expensive.

They are both VFM cables and are generally better than the bundled cables which comes free along with the HT systems, but if you are building a custom system then you will have to have the matching cables, specially analog interconnectors and HDMI cables. I have a fair bit of experience myself with profigold cables so I would not want any other user to do the same mistake which I did. In my system Profigold Interconnector increased the brightness and also lowered the dynamics of the system and after replacing them which a better brand like QED I am quite satisfied.

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
I am not an HT guy but am just suggesting options as u say its urgent.

Bandridge is supposed to be a VFM product much like accoustic research. I have no personal experience though.
I suggest u go to a place called Spectra Connectronics at lamington road and check out the cables. Apart from their own brand they carry belden. Buy 14 AWG for the speakers in the lengths u require and connectors if u plan to terminate the ends. They have tons of cables for all HT requirements and one can choose as the budget allows.
Another option is Lakozy at Chowpatty. They carry Supra and Jenteck. This will be a costlier option though.
Rgds

At Lamington ,you can get atleast 5 shops who deals with loose OFC from Taiwan & are quite cheap.

HI

Actually 'OFC' is all over lamington road.

Spectra is a reliable importer and manufacturer of cables/connectors. Check out the website or get a brochure. Very useful stuff for any DIY enthusiast.
They have a few braided speaker cables( a la kimber) and are supposed to be very good and cheap.

U will get superb connectors (banana, RCA, spades etc) for sensible money. Very good expandible sleeves and tons of belden cables for interlinks/power cords etc.
Rgds

Hello Everyone.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I am new to the forum never posted anything here before, but have been reading a lot since it was some moolah involved. Nevertheless I have found that this forum is a heaven for people like me. I have noted all your opinions and the first thing I am going to do is look out for the stores you guys have mentioned.

I have one more query...What's the gauge that I should be looking at. Also I found out that the cables have a varying cost right from Rs 29 to way ahead.
What is to be looked at?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back