Bandridge spaker cables startin 450Rs in croma

kaushik

I have seen Bandridge speaker cable packs (10 meters)starting
450Rs in Croma mall ..MgRoad

As OFC cables are essential in any speaker setup ,and feel that this is truely good price for the same !

Hi,

Kaushik its good that they are selling small length in packs now !! price also seems very interesting !

But what Gauge it is ?? thats the main criteria to choose,so that is what we need to see !

Regards.

Thanks for the info Kaushik ... I usually buy lot of speaker cables for home theatre packs and stereo setups ... Since the price of the branded cables are not in my budget, I usually buy the 1st quality cables of MX brand ... The MX people told me that actually they import the cable and print their brand name on the cable ... I personally feel that its a good value for money cable ... Coming to the Bandridge pack, wish the cable is atleast a 16 gauge one (which is generally good both for HT & Stereo applications) ... Thanks once again pal.

Last edited:
The MX shop is located at S.P.Road in Bangalore (City Market Area).

S.P.Road is a one-way road and while you enter the road in the right direction, at the beginning itself you will find a 'V' shaped cross on the left side. The first shop in the 'V' cross is the exclusive shop for all MX brand products.

Hope this will help you.

soundsgreat :

the cable packs marked .75 [forgot :confused:unit??,please add] and higher....

hifipal4all:

Thanks for info on MX ,

can you add MX prices
Wick..:
MX cables are there in croma / staples stores too

The MX shop is located at S.P.Road in Bangalore (City Market Area).

S.P.Road is a one-way road and while you enter the road in the right direction, at the beginning itself you will find a 'V' shaped cross on the left side. The first shop in the 'V' cross is the exclusive shop for all MX brand products.

Hope this will help you.

I know SP Road as I practically live there during weekends (trawling the computer parts shops) :p. So this first shop in the "V" is the one on the left, correct?

Hi,

Kaushik its .75 square MM or 20/19 Gauge !! so its pretty expensive for an 20 Gauge wire !! I wouldn't bother much of using this !! may be hard pressed and very very tight budget users may prefer it for surrounds (even for that I prefer minimum of 16/18 Gauge) :p !!

But still thanks for the info,now every one knows bout this and the intended Usage !!

The MX 16 Gauge costs some where between 25-35 Rupees,I've used them some time back ! though not of the great type,but will suffice for normal usage !!

The MX shop thats the in the question is called "SANSON ELECTRONICS" which is at the left hand side in the entrance of the SP Road (Opp Karnataka Flag pole and sort of diagnal to Navbharat Electronics which is directly visible once you stand at the entrance of the SP Road ) !! there are three guys running the shop there !! two are brothers and one is a partner !! any one trying to shop there,please beware of the partner/old guy as he's bit cranky and talks bit rudely ! deal with the younger brother ;) Nice guy cool to deal with and very friendly !!

Wicked good to know that Am not alone in that:p ! but the only difference is I live almost all week there barring Sunday (coz its closed),Know every single shop there from the entrance (Prakash Electronics,Prince Electronics on the right) till exit (old chandan Electronics on the Right) :D !

Anyway Enough info I guess !!

Regards.

Last edited:
soundsgreat, glad to meet a kindred spirit :D

And I think I know the cranky one you're referring to, from a previous visit to buy some tv antenna connectors... he's the one who's mehendi'd his hair?

And thanks all for confirming that guage. I guess I'll go with the MX for now.

Last edited:
Hi,

Wicked the feeling is mutual ;) !! it became my second home ever since I started DIY (thats way back in 1990-92) ! have seen it metamorphosis from a simple lane of small shops into what it is today !!

Now could you please tell me whats the purpose of the cable purchase(I know obviously for speakers,But for rear or what ) ??

I have some 15/16 Gauge wire if you want may be you can have a look at it !! not expensive but better then MX for sure ! let me know if you are interested !

Regards.

These would be for my rear surrounds and my center speaker. I'll prolly need around 120 feet. Do you have that much? Which ones are these? Also, not sure about this forums netiquette but do we need to take this offline (PM) or is continuing in this thread ok?

Hi,

Ok for surrounds these would be just fine !! This is Taiwan make ! I have one full role unused ! I bought it for some experiment (for a DIY Speaker cable) but never used it so thought if its of some use to you then why not !!

As such there is no prob in interacting ! but for the sake of thread(will be deviating from the topic if we continue) we shall take it to PM !

Regards.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back