Bangalore - Can any one help me! DYNAUDIO DM 2/7

Hi all,

I planning to buy dynaudio dm2/7 speakers.

I would like to audition these speakers before I buy.

Since dynaudio speakers are not available in Blr. Is there any dynaudio dm2/7 owners in Blr who can help me.

Praying,,,,:indifferent14:

Any luck!!!

you should try dali ikon 2... i doubt you will get demo.

My room 15' x 14' x 9

I found the elan tweeter sound was not clear.(my personal opinion)

Auditioned at reference point.
Amp: creek evolution 50a
Some creek cd
Music: Dire straits .... Money for nothing , so for away
And some AR Rahaman tracks

I thought the dali zensor 3 were better. I have auditioned psb image b6, kef q300,dali zensor3, monitor audiobx2, q acoustics, triangle, tannoy usher v601,focal 806 and b&w 685.

Elan 15 are indeed very good speakers. I'm driving them with CA 650 combo. Initially I found the tweeters not responding the manner my earlier Aviano 2s responded to the CA combo. However, after the initial burning in and some tweaks like toeing in the speakers towards the listening position things improved. Actually the treble is very soothing and never harsh. But I think the USP of Elan 15 is its mid-range which is exceptional.

@mpw
Will it be proper to put up a pic here? If yes, please share me the thread about how to upload the pic here.
regards
sdg

Any Dynaudio owners

I used to have the audience series, then the focus 110 for about 6-7 years and recently I had the Excite X16 for review and used it for about 8 weeks. If you want a great speaker at a good price, consider the excite x14. Supposedly the new excite series does not have that slightly veiled presentation of the older excites which I perceived with the x16. Also there is a general misconception, IMO at-least, that dynaudios require huge amounts of power to sound good. Granted they will sound great with > 100 watts, but at-least what I have heard with all the dynaudios that I owned is that at sane listening levels a well made 50-60 watter with 4 ohm capability will also work well. Of-course room size is a factor as well. I drove my focus 110 with Quicksilver tube monoblocks that put out 45 watt per channel for years and used to love the combo. in my midsized 14' x 12' room. Lastly the bass extension of most dynaudios bookshelves have to be heard to be believed. To me they extend further and are tighter in bass than most floor standers in their price range. I might just splurge on the Focus 160 that is being offered on Hi-fi mart - it is an excellent speaker at an excellent price IMO. In fact it may help many to get off the speaker upgrade bandwagon for a while and help me access the Dynaudio sound that I really like.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Thanks! Sidvee for the wonderfull advice!!!

I thought of buying a standmount pair around 50 to 55k.
after auditioning dozens of speaker in blr i pushed my budget from 35k to 50k..

only Zensor 3, PSB B6 & usher V601 sounded ok to me!!! then realized that if have to get better budget speaker then i have to look at something >45k range.
so considered DYnaudio DM 2/7 as priority option.

Right now i thingggg IS THERE AN END TO IT

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back