Bangalore Meetup 2020 + Auditioning equipment

AudioGugu

Hello Everyone,

Looking for some company, in case more FMs are interested in auditioning equipment in Bangalore. Since I'm new here and to the hobby I'd like to do this with experienced/interested FMs who have a good ear for sound and can pass on sound advice while we are in the process. Ofcourse everyone who is interested is most welcome to join.(the more the merrier)

This can be planned over the next few weeks/months as and how it suits each interested member.

Looking forward to a healthy participation, ofcourse food and drinks will follow when convenient.

Also, a big thank you to all the forum members for all their inputs and enthusiastic approach to advice fellow members on all sorts of queries.
I've been reading threads from time to time and find my self doing late hours at times, trying to read what most have to say. Very very happy to have found this Forum.

ps: I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. Admins are free to correct me if I've gone wrong somewhere.
Cheers!!!!

Regards
AG
-Telome ST800 floostanders , Yamaha RX V683 , CEC3300 CDP

All Forum members come on ,cheer up ,let us do it on 5 th April 2020(Sunday),last time it was done in Indiranagar long ago ,please let us finish this task :)

By auditioning, does it mean in a showroom or a get-together of members at a location with their equipment?

By auditioning, does it mean in a showroom or a get-together of members at a location with their equipment?
Hi Kannan,
I'm ok with either, since I'm on the lookout to buy new equipment.

So even if a bunch of us can meet from time to time and hear each others equipment or head to av stores and audition new gear, both ideas seem exciting to me.

Also, looking for suggestions from FMs for AV stores/audio showrooms in BLR where I could get a fairly wide choice of equipment to audition.

Thanks in advance.

Any FM/s who own Dynaudios, PMC, ATC speakers keen on entertaining by inviting over for a listening session. I know this a shameless self invite proposal but I'd highly appreciate if the privileged owners could help me hear something I could end up buying in the near future.
Most of these speakers are available with a few dealers here but listening to the gear is very difficult.

Since I'm quite a newbie to the hobby I'd be overwhelmed and grateful in case anyone offers to guide me so that I could start this journey with some confidence.

Just in case this works out I promise to show up with delicious home cooked snacks :)

Looking forward to a little encouragement.

Cheers to all.
AG

Hi, once the Covid 19 situation eases up you are welcome to my place for a listening session. I don’t have any of the speakers mentioned by you above, but I do have a pair of Adam Audio pencil towers that sound nice driven by a Naim 5i

Hey there!!! hope you and your family are all keeping safe.
Thanks for this post, Best message I've received in the last few months.
Looking forward to catching up, Until then HAPPY LISTENING.
Cheers!!!

Hi, once the Covid 19 situation eases up you are welcome to my place for a listening session. I don’t have any of the speakers mentioned by you above, but I do have a pair of Adam Audio pencil towers that sound nice driven by a Naim 5i
Ahhh the adam pencils. Fantastic speakers. They deserve a thread of their own with tons of pictures and a brief review.

MaSh

Thanks AudioGuGu, i too look forward to safer and more pleasant times soon.
MaSh You are welcome to come as you are in Bangalore too, and write a review.
i am looking for some advice on amp matching
If you have an amp with some interesting character and more power, do bring it if you can to try it with the Adams.

MaSh You are welcome to come as you are in Bangalore too, and write a review.
i am looking for some advice on amp matching
If you have an amp with some interesting character and more power, do bring it if you can to try it with the Adams.

Sure will do, once I am back in Bangalore. I did hear those speakers briefly with a couple of amps and they sounded really good.

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back