Basic flea power class A amp = Chi(ea)p Fun :)

Hiten

Last few days was feeling kind of sad for no reason. So tried to do something new...
It will be more than hundred years since vacuum tube was invented. Now with access to thousands of superb audiophile products sometimes people may loose sense of amazement of basic things working at all. Out of boredom I tried to built this very basic 1watt Class A amp. Schematic was from here.
LM317 Audio Amplifier
Connected to CD player and speaker. It worked at one go. Source is ordinary cd player and mp3 fed in to readily available electronic parts, with least regard to solder or PCB layout. The chip LM317 is a power regulator and not even meant for audio. The speaker is 8ohms India made. Power supply is from typical 9v DC power adapter. The sound was captured from mic of digital camera and posted in youtube. Please hear it on links given below. An amusing little surprise of sound quality at this rudimentary level. I am noob with no technical knowledge. Just small DIY fun and little detoxification of wandering mind in exotic audiophile world.

pcb1g.jpg

pcb2h.jpg

Kishorekumar MP3 : Kishorekumar - YouTube

nothing better to test a flea amp than with AC/DC music :D
Audio CD : HellsBells - YouTube

regards.

Doors,
Have read about LM1875 on diyAudio. Mostly from danielwritesbac. At very very basic levels simplest amps like above are great tool to learn. Don't know if it is good thing or bad thing but I have to work seven days a week so not sure, but I think I will try few more simple class A amps.
Regards

Doors,
Have read about LM1875 on diyAudio. Mostly from danielwritesbac. At very very basic levels simplest amps like above are great tool to learn. Don't know if it is good thing or bad thing but I have to work seven days a week so not sure, but I think I will try few more simple class A amps.
Regards

The way you built this amp, it is superb. Nice layout and execution. I heard that link too. That sounds nice;).

Thanks Om. Compared to your f5 layouts, Bibins veroboard f5 power supply (excellent approach for good voltage and current), shaan's amps this is pretty basic.

I think this has been posted before, but check this out.
Headphone Amp
Art meets electronics. :)
regards

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back