Quad 11L Bookshelf speaker
Provac Speaker cable

Pros:
No wires in sight
No floor square feet wasted, everything wall mounted, WAF
Components safe from dust, easy to clean

Cons:
TV Height little over ideal viewing height
Shelf for Quads are not ideal. Stand recommended.

Comments solicited on quad DIY shelfs!!

Attachments

• HFV-1.jpg
    HFV-1.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 279
  • HFV-7.jpg
    HFV-7.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 275
  • HFV-2.jpg
    HFV-2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 273
  • HFV-3.jpg
    HFV-3.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 275
  • HFV-5.jpg
    HFV-5.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 275
gr8 looking setup. However, do you intend to go for surround sound? Where will you mount the center channel?

I see that your DVD player is on top of the CA amp. Don't you have any issues with the amp overheating? I also have the same amp and had some problems when using it in a closed cabinet. Otherwise that's a very neat solution you've come up with.

thx everyone for ur inputs..sorry for late reply..

@anm: i dont need center channel..its 2.0 setup intended only for music

@corElement: yes, i had instructed 5" gap on side to my carpenter but he made holes with 3" gap..didnt change it then..
at rear i have 5" gap from wall..is it enuff ?

@aku: i havent had overheating problems till now..my rack has 3 compartments which have open space at rear for wires between compartment + i have 2x3" holes in rack on sides for wires which makes rack breathe a bit..
i have raised DVD player on wooden coins to make amp breathe..

My shelves are just ok..they are strong but not vibration free..i read somewhere that stand should be DEAD..with no movement at all..

Should i go for speaker stands now ?

Wow Rohi....thats a nicely setup system....I am interested in that wall hung cabinet...that wall doesn't look like standard Indian brick and cement wall....can you enlighten me more about your cabinet....I had similar plan like that and actually have a thread here for that sake...please post some good close up pictures of that cabinet...would like to see how the thing is hung actually...I'll be really thankful to you .

Venkat

Yes, Venkat, you are right to spot that. The wall in pic is not standard brick wall. In fact, it is a panel made of 12mm marine ply board painted in white to look like a wall. Actual brick wall is approx. 5" behind it. The cabinet is a box made of 18mm board and 6mm board at rear. The rear of box is screwed to brick wall which holds all the weight and can easily take more than 100 kg. weight. Actual box depth is 14"+5"=19". 14" which is visible on outside and 5" inside. It can easily accomodate CA540 amp. of 12" depth. This design also hides my TV's depth of 5-6", as it appears only 2" on outside. The white panel does take care of all hidden wiring needs at ease on demand.
I will post pics of closeups soon.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back