Logitech Z-2300 [ The Last of the Titans : Reviewed]

^^ Lol since when does audio and video became something that one can prove ..... ever heard of the term subjectiveness........ and there is nothing as subjective as audio can be ....... as i said what ever graphs, snaps and technical figures one gives, eventually it would always boil down to how one perceives audio ........ what ever the price may be for the speakers, for me and quite a few other as well, logi does not sound good at all. Altec performs far better with a spk package at the same price point .....

But anyway if 2300 are some audio bliss to you so be it ..... its your satisfaction that counts and if you are then nothing like it ...... :)

PS :: And BTW that 500W RMS is totally misleading, I think there are enough posts by doors666 confirming misleading specks

Definition of Objective and Subjective

Objective is a statement that is completely unbiased. It is not touched by the speakers previous experiences or tastes. It is verifiable by looking up facts or performing mathematical calculations.

Subjective is a statement that has been colored by the character of the speaker or writer. It often has a basis in reality, but reflects the perspective through with the speaker views reality. It cannot be verified using concrete facts and figures.

When to Be Objective and Subjective

Objective it is important to be objective when you are making any kind of a rational decision. It might involve purchasing something or deciding which job offer to take. You should also be objective when you are reading, especially news sources. Being objective when you are meeting and having discussions with new people helps you to keep your concentration focused on your goal, rather than on any emotions your meeting might trigger.

Subjective can be used when nothing tangible is at stake. When you are watching a movie or reading a book for pleasure, being subjective and getting caught up in the world of the characters makes your experience more enjoyable. If you are discussing any type of art, you have to keep in mind that everyones opinions on a particular piece are subjective.

Examples of Objective and Subjective

Objective scientific facts are objective as are mathematical proofs; essentially anything that can be backed up with solid data.

Subjective opinions, interpretations, and any type of marketing presentation are all subjective.

In audio systems review both objective & subjective views are important.

While subjective review is what you think of a system, may be good or bad to you may not apply to other where as objective review is unbiased, eg. SPL meter can not lie and returns the same value for every user of the system.

^^ So ... I rest my case , thanks for confirming it ....... :)

^^ So ... I rest my case , thanks for confirming it ....... :)

sam9s it has been nice chatting with you, thanks for sharing your views but one advice, when you are in my thread stop "lol" and think 10 times before you post on my thread. And be more precise & to the point.

^^ My dear friend, this is an open forum, do you know what is the meaning of an open forum ...... I guess not. As long as its not locked I can post when ever I want to ...... and again as long as I am under the rules I can use "lol" any time I want to, so take a chill pill , move on and get a life .... .... :)

and BTW ... Logi 2300 sucks to the core ....."lol"

Last edited:
well why would you have complains.....you own it ... :D ..... 8/10 people out here who own a commodity would be satisfied irrespective of its actual worth. Plus you cannot actually judge unless you have a comparison,......

...... but then again I also support the other side of the coin and that is......if it satisfies one..... so be it ...... there is less to argue in that scenario .... :)

You owned it and you have complains right.
What you said would hold true If that was the only system I ever own/owned. Please dont assume that you are the only guy who compares and judges a commodity. Well if you did not like a particular commodity due to various reasons thats your opinion, that does not mean that others need to follow suit.

Last edited:
@rishiguru

If you are such a big audiophile. If you are such a great audio engineer. If you know so much about audio. If you know so much about everything. The I have only one question for you. Why you own logitech MULTIMEDIA speakers? And you are rating them excellent where ppl discuss about Hi-Fi. You should say they are value for money. Which you actually said when you didnt have any answer for "doors666" mathmatical calculation.

These review websites say good to the company who will pay them good. There are many examples of it. My friend owns a smartphone and on a website, they mentioned it has the best speaker. He actually owns 2 of those phones. But speaker sucks big time. I wont write the phone model and website name cuz i dont know if it is against rules or not. Like this i have so many examples. If ppl will start going what companies write on their websites then the concept of demo will be stopped. And that is why we have Hi-Fi Vision. So that ppl can share their experience.

I do not know that you had ears from superman's planet Kryptonite

First of all, you should have manners to talk to members.

So. according to you 75W > 500W. NO COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!. Think for yourself.

This is what my point is. Listen to any Hi-Fi speakers. Then compare their 500W with your ultra hifi Logitech z5500. If you ears bleed with logi's 75% volume. Then i dont know what will happen when you will listen to HiFi.

You talk about specs. Still you dont have answer for 1% THD and 10% THD. Or you mean the more the THD the better the audio is?

Anyway, dont take it on heart. Just like Sam said.. Take a chill pill.!

LOL

What you said would hold true If that was the only system I ever own/owned. Please dont assume that you are the only guy who compares and judges a commodity. Well if you did not like a particular commodity due to various reasons thats your opinion, that does not mean that others need to follow suit.

No I did not presume, I can assure you that. As I said I also respect the other side of the coin.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Z-5500 is the top model of Logitech speakers. They always say too much about it. I bought it 3 months back and sold it in just 1 month. I ain't an audiophile but still i know what is good music experience. I have heard Altec Lansin and I would say, they perform better than Logitech. Power is never a criteria of buying speakers. No matter if you buy 1000W RMS Speakers but it they dont sound good, its a wastage of money. Logitech is good in Keyboards, mouse and other hardware. But in sound; i will never ever think of it. I had a real bad experince with it. And just after 15 days of buying z5500 i thought of buyin a good setup. No matter if i have to stretch my budget far too much. This is the decision i took just after selling it.

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/...ter-setup-need-your-valuable-suggestions.html

I will never suggest logi to anyone. I am a gamer, i listen to music, i watch hell lot movies. And i dont watch crap. Always 720p or 1080p with DTS audio. In z5500 there was a lot of distortion if i used to increase the volume. THD is 10%. Just too much.! I think they just mention 10% but its more. And last but not the least after incresing the volume the 60% the speakers used to create noise, vibrate and produce "ddddrrr ddrrrr" sound. Pathetic experience it was.

If you want computer speakers and 2.1 i will suggest JBL Creature-III. The sound is far better than logi. Yes the power is less but music experince is far better than logitech.

No hard feelings rishiguru but i am just sharing my experince. And I hope you dont deal with logi. :)

+1, I can't even stand before logitech Z5500-D, be it in music or movies. Personal testing equip with ASUS Xonar DX for a week at my home. Center channel used to distort a lot while watching movies and it's distortion is lil bit while listening to music be it linking park, aerosmith or whatever.

I have AL MX-5021 eqip with Xonar DX and MX-5021 is way way clear than the Z5500-D and I personally feel that Z5500-D's sub's bass is boomy in comparison to MX-5021's tight punchy bass. The clarity which MX-5021's satellites serves is awesome in comparison of Z5500-D's satellites clarity.

I haven't heard Z-2300 so can't comment on this.

Last edited:

Well I did not presume anything I can assure you that. And as I said if you belong to the other side of the coin so be it. I respect that PEACE

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I have seen in some forums where most of the audiophiles said that Logitech's speakers are not for audiophiles. Logitech's speakers can't serves well in music.

They may be better for movies for many guys but for me they aren't.

I personally feel that Z5500-D's sub's bass is boomy in comparison to MX-5021's tight punchy bass. The clarity which MX-5021's satellites serves is awesome in comparison of Z5500-D's satellites clarity.

Exactly.! When I used to watch movies, the sub used to create lot of bass but not punchy.. Even i listen to lot of music.. Led Zepp, CCR, The Doors, Gary Moore, BB King, Albert Collins, The Who, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Santana, GNR, Dream Theater, Eric Claptop, Jimi Hendrix, Mark Knopfler and many other.. But i never liked the experience in Z5500. It was always below average. Altec as i said earlier also, they perform far better. And again sayin, its never about the power, but always the purity... Logitech as Sam said are boom boxes. Just the loudness with lot of Distortion.

akhil7j, abhi_jollyguy & sam9s you are all speaking about the audio quality issues of Logitech Z-5500 in a thread named:
Logitech Z-2300 [ The Last of the Titans : Reviewed]

Kindly, be within the topic and compare any model of your like with the Logitech Z-2300 in the same price range. Then i will speak.

When i say that Z-2300 have excellent audio quality, i compare it with other sets within the same price range.

For example i will never compare Z-2300 costing Rs.6,800 with Audio Engine 5 costing Rs.20,000. Comparison like this will be unfair since when you are shelling out 20 grand you expect to get the performance in terms of audio quality in heaps.

akhil7j-->"If you are such a big audiophile. If you are such a great audio engineer. If you know so much about audio. If you know so much about everything. The I have only one question for you. Why you own logitech MULTIMEDIA speakers? And you are rating them excellent where ppl discuss about Hi-Fi. You should say they are value for money. Which you actually said when you didnt have any answer for "doors666" mathmatical calculation."

Let me be unique. Let you all BIG GUYS out their speak about HI FI. At least in this thread I will only speak about multimedia speakers.

I appropriately answered doors666 question about SPL with a SPL graph. doors666 had a question mark about the 117db output of Z-2300. In the SPL graph it showed that Z-2300 is capable of 117db. And yes, graphs do not lie.

doors666 calculation is biased on the spec sheet as found on the website of the speakers. Multi-national companies like Logitech & even Altec Lansing do not use off the shelf parts, they custom designed the full range & the bass drivers. So, results may differ.

I do not know about Z-5500 but Z-2300 have better than 0.05% THD before clipping.

My final request, if you have any complaints regarding Z-5500, post in Z-5500 related threads not on this one.

Last edited:
I do not know about Z-5500 but Z-2300 have better than 0.05% THD before clipping.

Well, your ultimate thread says Z-2300 has 10% THD. And i was comparing it with JBL and Altec. Which you said aint good either.. And you mean to say, Logitech is making z-2300 as excellent speakers and z5500 as crap? z5500 is the one which they always talk about the best. If they cant improve its audio quality how can they improve in z2300? The higher you go the better quality you get. Not the opposite. Sorry, cant agree with u.

And i will still say, Logitech fakes about the RMS. Go and get a audition of real 500W RMS. I bet you cant handle that sound since z5500 bleed your ears.

By the way here is your conversation with doors666.

doors666: An 18" sub with 500w of power will have a tough time doing 117db. How will an 8" with 70w power do 117db, this is just marketing mumbo-humbo, just like altec lansing and creative, looks like logitech is also doing it

rishiguru: This is where Z-2300 reached 117db. The SPL graph is provided below

doors666: the woofer has a sensitivity of 86db/1w/1m. It means at a 1 meter distance, for 1w input, you get 86db. For every doubling of power, you add 3db. With 64w, you get 104db, with 128w, you get 107, 256w-110db, 512w-113db, 1024w - 116db. The sensitivity of the woofer is published by the manufacturer, they never publish a lower than actual sensitivity, they usually choose to err on the other side (showing more than actual).
Oh, and by the way, thats a nasty peak in the response at around 38-40hz it looks like. In small rooms (which is the target for this speaker set), there will be room gain also in that range, should make it nicely boomy.

rishiguru: how much more do you expect from a 2.1 speaker set costing Rs.6,800. Man it beats all stats with the performance it offers at this price!!!
I can bet you will not find a better set in India at that price.

So you actually didnt answer his query. You just told him what you can expect in Rs.6800.

Anyway man.. Z-2300 is an ultimate speakers set... I agree. But for you.. Not for us.. :)

Well, your ultimate thread says Z-2300 has 10% THD. ..................................
Anyway man.. Z-2300 is an ultimate speakers set... I agree. But for you.. Not for us.. :)

I rectified the specification of Z-2300 in one of the posts in the thread as quoted below:

"There was an issue regarding the true power output of Logitech Z-2300 and also the highish THD value in the specification I quoted before.

Z-2300 Specifications

Total Power: 200 W
Subwoofer: 120 W @ 8 ohms @ 10% THD @ 100Hz
Satellites: 80 W (2 X 40 W) @ 8 ohms @ 10% THD @ 1kHz
Frequency response: 35 Hz - 20 kHz
Signal to noise ratio: @ 1kHz > 100dB
Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 117db

Today i found my Z-2300 instruction manual where the real figures are stated:

Total Continuous Power(RMS): 200W
System THD: Better than 0.05% before clipping
Total Peak Power(RMS): 400W
Subwoofer: 120 W @ 8 ohms @ 10% THD @ 100Hz
Satellites: 80 W (2 X 40 W) @ 8 ohms @ 10% THD @ 1kHz
Frequency response: 35 Hz - 20 kHz
Signal to noise ratio: @ 1kHz > 100dB"

This means as long as the amplifier output is not clipping which happens at around 75% volume at near 150W RMS the system is capable to deliver a audio signal with a THD level below 0.05%. At full volume and maximum output does the THD rise.

What i said to doors666 and what he replied, is between me & him. doors666 have true technical knowledge about how speaker system works & i love to chat with him anytime. I never said that i know everything. There may be so many things he knows that i do not know. I love to learn from him.

When i stated to doors666 about what more to expect from a set costing Rs.6800, he understood that at Rs.6800 you can not get 0.0001% THD. He understood. And he never complained.

You compare with Altec Lansing. Their top model MX-6021 also have 10%THD.
You compare with JBL. Creature III also have 10% THD.

But what did not look is their signal to noise ratio(SNR). Where as MX6021 have 75dB SNR, Creature III has 80db SNR, where as Z-2300 have way superior 100db SNR.

Def: Signal-to-noise ratio (often abbreviated SNR or S/N) is a measure used in science and engineering to quantify how much a signal has been corrupted by noise. It is defined as the ratio of signal power to the noise power corrupting the signal. A ratio higher than 1:1 indicates more signal than noise.

Somehow, I feel thread starter is fan boy of Logitech or is related/associated to the company.

Well, raptorhertz you are free to feel/ think anything & everything about me, but the truth is among the heard of sound systems/ HiFi that i have, Z-2300 is the only one of Logitech Brand and also the cheapest. I also do not work for any audio company.

With the BIG BOYS out their always talking about HiFi's, I just felt it will be cool or something new to start a thread related to Z-2300, which is relatively cheap and provide very good audio quality.

I never thought about this kind of amazing response though. Countless members of this forum thanked me about my review, my inbox of HiFiVision is bursting out with well wishes & thanks & also deep technical questions. Some members even said my review of Z-2300 is the best review HiFiVision have ever had. From my part I thank all of them, and well wishes to them all.

I also found their are some members, i do not want to name them, have very little or no knowledge about audio systems, do not understand how they work, compare audio companies rather than their specs & data & think if the sound is good in their ears then the system have excellent audio quality. And also they are very good in taking up an argument but can never prove it or provide & solid conclusion that is at least justifiable.

Let me tell you the biggest truth about audio quality. The system with the best audio quality among a heard of similar audio systems may not sound the best in your ears, but a audio system with a factory preset equalizer setting thus compromising the audio quality, may sound the best. Thats the reason why graphic equalizers are their.

You know what BOSE company moto is? They say always make a audio system that is good for the listeners ears and comprise audio quality even if you have to in order to make it more "catchy" to the listeners ears.

Consumer Reports then reviewed their top product and gave 60 out of 100 points and said "the sound is wandering around the room."

Amar Bose was very unhappy of this review a filed a lawsuit against Consumer Reports in which he lost the case.

After that in every international hifi forum i have been a member with, provided the true meaning of BOSE acronym.
BOSE --> BUY OTHER SOUND EQUIPMENT

So, when you are purchasing a audio equipment which sound the best in your ears, without looking for the specs/ data/ graphs related to that system, always remember that system may sound excellent for you ears but for others it might be just good.

Last edited:
@ raptorhertz Exactly, however being a fanboy is not as bad as having some wrong notions about the superiority of the product. But I guess thats what fan boy means ..... :D

Last edited:
I never thought about this kind of amazing response though. Countless members of this forum thanked me about my review, my inbox of HiFiVision is bursting out with well wishes & thanks & also deep technical questions. Some members even said my review of Z-2300 is the best review HiFiVision have ever had.

Nobody said anything about the review itself, which was good and detailed.... ........ its the product that was reviewed which ....well.....errr....<<leave it>>.... :D
BTW have you heard a term called modesty ... :)

Last edited:
Well, raptorhertz you are free to feel/ think anything & everything about me, but the truth is among the heard of sound systems/ HiFi that i have, Z-2300 is the only one of Logitech Brand and also the cheapest. I also do not work for any audio company.

With the BIG BOYS out their always talking about HiFi's, I just felt it will be cool or something new to start a thread related to Z-2300, which is relatively cheap and provide very good audio quality.

I never thought about this kind of amazing response though. Countless members of this forum thanked me about my review, my inbox of HiFiVision is bursting out with well wishes & thanks & also deep technical questions. Some members even said my review of Z-2300 is the best review HiFiVision have ever had. From my part I thank all of them, and well wishes to them all.

I also found their are some members, i do not want to name them, have very little or no knowledge about audio systems, no not understand how they work, compare audio companies rather than their specs & data & think if the sound is good in their ears then the system have excellent audio quality. And also they are very good in taking up an argument but can never prove it or provide & solid conclusion that is at least justifiable.

Let me tell you the biggest truth about audio quality. The system with the best audio quality among a heard of similar audio systems may not sound the best in your ears, but a audio system with a factory preset equalizer setting thus compromising the audio quality, may sound the best. Thats the reason why graphic equalizers are their.

You know what BOSE company moto is? They say always make a audio system that is good for the listeners ears and comprise audio quality even if you have to in order to make it more "catchy" to the listeners ears.

Consumer Reports then reviewed their top product and gave 60 out of 100 points and said "the sound is wandering around the room."

Amar Bose was very unhappy of this review a filed a lawsuit against Consumer Reports in which he lost the case.

After that in every international hifi forum i have been a member with, provided the true meaning of BOSE acronym.
BOSE --> BUY OTHER SOUND SYSTEM

So, when you are purchasing a audio system which sound the best in your ears, without looking for the specs/ data/ graps related to that system, always remember that system may be excellent for you but just maybe good for others.

well I just said that the sound of Z5500-D's didn't impress me at all. Boomy sound with the center channel meant for vocals delievery, while watching movies or listening to songs which was 320 kbps and FLAC's format, it's center channel used to distort, I heard it distorting. and I missed treble on the satellites of Z5500-D's.

Srsly telling u MX-5021 sounds so "cleanly" very cleanly as compared to Z5500-D's.

I haven't said anything about Z2300's. :rolleyes:

Nobody said anything about the review itself, which was good and detailed.... ........ its the product that was reviewed which ....well.....errr....<<leave it>>.... :D
BTW have you heard a term called modesty ... :)

sam9s, do you personally own a Z-2300? Or you have just heard it somewhere?

Kindly, share your feeling of what you think of Z-2300. Also do you think is it good for the sum that you pay? If not, then what system will you personally prefer in the same price range?

Since, you said in one of the posts: "and BTW ... Logi 2300 sucks to the core .....", I am expecting a very big reason why.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back