Basics of surround systems/ Amps ...

[email protected]

Hi guys,
I plan to buy my first surround sound system. But before buying i want to know the basics of the setup and the various types/kinds of options available within acertain budget. Any links as to where can i read up on the system to enhance my knowledge on speaker systems, amplifiers, sub woofers and the best way to set them up.
Thanks.

Hi guys,
I plan to buy my first surround sound system. But before buying i want to know the basics of the setup and the various types/kinds of options available within acertain budget. Any links as to where can i read up on the system to enhance my knowledge on speaker systems, amplifiers, sub woofers and the best way to set them up.
Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum. Without going into too much detail, there are basically two types of Setups: Stereo - 2 Channel and Multi Channel - 5.1/7.1/etc.

Stereo Setup consists of two speakers and ideally driven by a Stereo Amp. Multi Channel, taking an example of a 5.1 consists of 2 front main speakers, a Center speaker, 2 rear surrounds and a Sub woofer.

For what can come within your budget, I would suggest you go through the Wanted or What to Buy sections where members have provided suggestions in covering almost every budget.

To gain knowledge, I would suggest you make very good use of your friend Google. You could always back here and ask for any specific question and members would be more than happy to answer them.

MaSh

Hi guys,
Thanks.

There are various threads on Yamaha / Marantz / Denon owners where you can review the experience and information posted by members...

The What SHould I buy section will also help first timers to get an idea...

IMHO....you need to audition the different systems and then decide the exact expectations and connectivity requirement....

Hi guys,
I plan to buy my first surround sound system. But before buying i want to know the basics of the setup and the various types/kinds of options available within acertain budget.

You can pick a simple Home Theater in a Box (5.1 HTIB) for 30K to get a minimum surround experience and go all the way upto 11.2, depending on how immersive you want it to be, with no restriction on budget..

Any links as to where can i read up on the system to enhance my knowledge on speaker systems, amplifiers, sub woofers and the best way to set them up. Thanks.

Here is an Ex - https://www.lifewire.com/essential-elements-of-home-theater-system-1846784

Though reading articles can give you rough impressions, the best way to set them up is by trail & error..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back