Bass heavy bookshelf speakers for 15k

Ok after much browsing i think i will get the Diamond 10.1 (looks like superb vfm and quality of sound)- However please do provide me your valuable suggestions regarding amplifiers to pair with these here -
http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/8164-amplifier-suggestions-please-2.html#post107950

Also how much do u think these cost here. ??

So now can someone tell me where can i get these in Pune/Mumbai so that i can audition them and finalize my decision ???

EDIT : nvm found the location :p
http://www.designer-audio.com/dealers/index.htm

Now to go there this saturday and start my hi-fi journey

Last edited:
Ok after much browsing i think i will get the Diamond 10.1 (looks like superb vfm and quality of sound)
So now can someone tell me where can i get these in Pune/Mumbai so that i can audition them and finalize my decision ???

Make a trip to Mumbai. Audition and buy the Wharfedales directly from their distributor "Designer Audio" which is at Tardeo
Rivera International is also nearby at L.T. Road (near Naaz Cinema)

Just call both of them in advance that you need to listen to them and if they have new pairs in stock.

Bas, you are set :)

Do get some house and psytrance cds so yo get a proper idea

Ok after much browsing i think i will get the Diamond 10.1 (looks like superb vfm and quality of sound)- However please do provide me your valuable suggestions regarding amplifiers to pair with these here -
http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/8164-amplifier-suggestions-please-2.html#post107950

Also how much do u think these cost here. ??

EDIT : nvm found the location :p
Designer Audio - Dealers

Now to go there this saturday and start my hi-fi journey

Hi psyph3,
You can audition /buy the WD 10.1 at following address:

SILO MEDIA & SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD.
For Wharfedale/Quad/Norge
Off No.3 & 4, 'A' Wing, 1st Floor, Mittal Court,
Opp. Mahesh Lunch Home,
PCTS-478, Rasta Peth, Pune 411011.
Tel: +91-20-65218261, (Mr. Behram-9822066943), (Sudarshan-9623696033)

Mr. Behram is one of the most audiophile friendly proprietor I've met. I've got the best quote for WD 9.2 from him. Go ahead auditon the whole range of Wharfe and Quads he has got along with Norge and Denon amps... Happy hunting!!

BTW I am based in Pune. You are welcome to check out WD 9.2 at my place.

Regds,

I agree to that .

Hi psyph3,
You can audition /buy the WD 10.1 at following address:

SILO MEDIA & SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD.
For Wharfedale/Quad/Norge
Off No.3 & 4, 'A' Wing, 1st Floor, Mittal Court,
Opp. Mahesh Lunch Home,
PCTS-478, Rasta Peth, Pune 411011.
Tel: +91-20-65218261, (Mr. Behram-9822066943), (Sudarshan-9623696033)

Mr. Behram is one of the most audiophile friendly proprietor I've met. I've got the best quote for WD 9.2 from him. Go ahead auditon the whole range of Wharfe and Quads he has got along with Norge and Denon amps... Happy hunting!!

BTW I am based in Pune. You are welcome to check out WD 9.2 at my place.

Regds,

I already have a stereo amp suggestion thread.
Now i want to start the same for speakers here.
Budget 15k can stretch a little.
I am a bass head so plz suggest accordingly.
Was looking at KEF C3's but that has pathetic reviews.

adding on a powered`sub down the line to which ever BS u choose wud be the best option
choose a BS with more detailing eg tannoy and adding on a sub @ a latter date will yield better results
also choose an amp which has preout options for better flexible conectivity

For bass haevy book shelf speakers without a Sub the diamond 9.2 is like a dead in the 15k budget.

Bass heavy bookshelves while also being musical are hard to achieve because of the physics involved. Some options that you may want to check out are Morduant Short Carnival 2, Paradigm studio 20 v4 (used) & Monitor Audio BR2 speakers to name a few.

Bass heavy bookshelves while also being musical are hard to achieve because of the physics involved. Some options that you may want to check out are Morduant Short Carnival 2, Paradigm studio 20 v4 (used) & Monitor Audio BR2 speakers to name a few.
dear all, i would like to know from the dear members something about speakers for mono recorded music.as you are all aware most of music as far as Indian music is concerned were recorded in Mono sound till about early eighties.Now we discuss extensively about how good 2.0 channel is for Music. then what about SPEAKERS/AMPLIFIERS for Mono recorded music say the golden oldies of 60s of hindi cinema and Tamil cinema or for that matter 70s inidan film music.i am sure many in this forum are great patrons of these music. now how good is stereo speakers or 2.0 channel stereo speakers for this Mono sound. i hope i get extensive replies for this.rgds.visu

I feel you should go 4 the Polk Audio's RTi A3.I have them in my 2 channel set-up paired with Pioneer A5 Stereo Amp & Pioneer DVD player which will soon be replaced by a dedicated CD Player.
I find the Mid-range & the bass too good for its size.The treble also is sweet.
Place them on stands & U will really enjoy the sound.:)

Regards,

Francis

I feel you should go 4 the Polk Audio's RTi A3.I have them in my 2 channel set-up paired with Pioneer A5 Stereo Amp & Pioneer DVD player which will soon be replaced by a dedicated CD Player.
I find the Mid-range & the bass too good for its size.The treble also is sweet.
Place them on stands & U will really enjoy the sound.:)

Regards,

Francis

Thank you very much, but what will be price of RTi A3. Have you got any idea. Thanks once again

Regards

C I Francis

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back