Benq tk 700tsi vs Benq 3000i

Anilvarma

Hello guys,

I am recently on the look out for a short throw or ultra short throw projector for my 10x 10 small room,
Since most of the USTs are imported or costs more than 3 lakhs, I finalised benq tk 700tsi and benq 3000i, my usage is 70-30 for movies and games

Finally I got the quotes for both of these 1.5 lks for 700tsi and 2.5 lks for 3000i
I am unable to decide if 1 lakh premium is warranted for the 3000i,unfortunately none of the vendors are offering a demo for these two.. Hence I am here

Laser is a light source. DLP/LCD/LCoS are the underlying technologies.

Bulb is replaceable. For a Laser projector, as of now, anything goes wrong, the entire unit needs to be replaced.

The laser tech on projector is yet to mature. I will personally wait, ymmv.

I will suggest to get a BenQ W2700 or an Epson 9400 ( if you can find one).

UST Projector needs a decent screen. It has its own issues. But convenient, though.

You can DIY a good screen for a traditional projector.

Try getting a demo for W2700 or 9400. Even an Epson 7100 would be a better bet.

Please demo and decide. Very important. Good luck.

@Silencer thanks for the inputs, but I can't go with regular projectors like 9400 as my room size is very small (10 x 10)

@vcs thanks, will check it out

Also anyone from hyderabad know a dealer who could arrange a demo for these kind of projectors?

@Silencer thanks for the inputs, but I can't go with regular projectors like 9400 as my room size is very small (10 x 10)

@vcs thanks, will check it out

Also anyone from hyderabad know a dealer who could arrange a demo for these kind of projectors?

I am using my 5820 in a 10*10 room now. It will be brighter and you can get a 100 inch image easily.

Hello guys,

I am recently on the look out for a short throw or ultra short throw projector for my 10x 10 small room,
Since most of the USTs are imported or costs more than 3 lakhs, I finalised benq tk 700tsi and benq 3000i, my usage is 70-30 for movies and games

Finally I got the quotes for both of these 1.5 lks for 700tsi and 2.5 lks for 3000i
I am unable to decide if 1 lakh premium is warranted for the 3000i,unfortunately none of the vendors are offering a demo for these two.. Hence I am here
where in hyd you got quote for 700sti for 1.5 ? new in US sells for 1600$+, looking for the same projector for a friend.

Hello guys,

I have a X3000i..if I have to rationalise 1L - I would say following
Solid state LED light source - 30,000 hrs in eco mode Vs Lamp ( 240W Metal Halide bulb)
Latest tech 4LED for better luminance and HDR pop
Covers 100% of DCI-P3 with WCG setting Vs 100 % REC 709
0.65-inch DLP chip Vs 0.47-inch Chip

hope this helps...i brought without demo, perfectly suited my use case. 3D is brilliant I view 150 inch from 8 ft. Total immersion.

where in hyd you got quote for 700sti for 1.5 ? new in US sells for 1600$+, looking for the same projector for a friend.
I got the quote when I am enquiring in Indiamart

I have a X3000i..if I have to rationalise 1L - I would say following
Solid state LED light source - 30,000 hrs in eco mode Vs Lamp ( 240W Metal Halide bulb)
Latest tech 4LED for better luminance and HDR pop
Covers 100% of DCI-P3 with WCG setting Vs 100 % REC 709
0.65-inch DLP chip Vs 0.47-inch Chip

hope this helps...i brought without demo, perfectly suited my use case. 3D is brilliant I view 150 inch from 8 ft. Total immersion.
Thanks for the info, looks like a worthy upgrade.. Will see if I can minimize the difference of price with other vendors.. How much did you buy it for?

@Anilvarma - I am in the same boat, i have a room 11x12 with 11 being distance and 12 being the projection wall width. I am torn between 700STi and 690ST. 690 is LED, and 500000:1 contrast but FHD and 700 is 4K, lamp and 10000:1 contrast. While I don't worry about lamp vs LED, the FHD and contrast ratio are driving me nuts.

I am not sure if I'll be able to differentiate between FHD and 4K if the contrast ratios are so different. Price wise, they are 60k different! What you all think? Shall I prioritise contrast over resolution?

So how do you like it ?
Love the picture quality and colours, I don’t have much experience with projectors before but I feel black levels on 700tsi could be better , I am projecting on a grey wall for now and still feel the black levels or not that great , wonder how it will be projecting on a white screen/wall ,overall happy with the purchase considering the limitations I had , projector is good for gaming which I mostly use it for .

@Anilvarma - I am in the same boat, i have a room 11x12 with 11 being distance and 12 being the projection wall width. I am torn between 700STi and 690ST. 690 is LED, and 500000:1 contrast but FHD and 700 is 4K, lamp and 10000:1 contrast. While I don't worry about lamp vs LED, the FHD and contrast ratio are driving me nuts.

I am not sure if I'll be able to differentiate between FHD and 4K if the contrast ratios are so different. Price wise, they are 60k different! What you all think? Shall I prioritise contrast over resolution?
Hi, as I mentioned in the earlier post I didn’t have much experience with projectors before, gaming with the new consoles on higher fidelity is one of my requirements and this one suited for it, when not comparing side by side , I haven’t found much difference between my friends FHD projector and mine if that’s what you were asking

Hello guys,

I have Benq 3000i and bought it from US . Price in US is close to 2000 USD. I am very happy with Benq3000i

am very happy with Benq3000i

Yeah - I need a short throw. Need 120" or higher from 9 ft and I am not able to find any other projector other than TK700sti fitting my needs. I can try TH690 too, but again, I feel I'll be able to spot the difference between FHD and 4k from 8 ft distance on was 120 in screen.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back