Benq TK850 4k HDR projector- hands on review

Congrats. 4K DLPs can produce sharper images than upscaled 3LCD Epson. DLP is known for its sharpness.

Do calibrate them as BenQ tends to be over saturated out of the box. Enjoy the big picture.

Congratulations on your purchase. You nailed with this review all the confusion and doubts I had on whether to choose this or the HT3550/W2700. Thanks for the review. Couple of queries though. If you don't mind, please PM me the price and the dealer. If it fits my budget, I might go for it instead of waiting to get it from US. Also, what would be the lamp life in eco mode and cost of replacing the lamp. Finally, what is the distance from projector to screen and how many inches of screen you achieved. Also, how much you paid for the fixed screen of grandview. Sorry for so many questions. This will help me on my decision making. Thanks in advance.
I would suggest HT3550 if you can control the ambient lighting. Of course, a dark room is perfect. It has a wider color space due to its color wheel. The wider color space can make significant difference in HDR content. It is aimed at home theatre viewing and offers a better overall picture than TK850, which is more of a living room projector, hence the bump in lumens.

But both are sharp and a delight to ogle.

I would suggest HT3550 if you can control the ambient lighting. Of course, a dark room is perfect. It has a wider color space due to its color wheel. The wider color space can make significant difference in HDR content. It is aimed at home theatre viewing and offers a better overall picture than TK850, which is more of a living room projector, hence the bump in lumens.

I have one more in my mind, Epson Home Cinema 3800 which has got rgbwrgbw color wheel with 3000 lumens. Don't know how it will stack against BenQ TK850 or HT3550. Not many reviews.

Has name of HT3550 changed to 2700?

in technical details it is named HT3550.....just want to confirm.

I have one more in my mind, Epson Home Cinema 3800 which has got rgbwrgbw color wheel with 3000 lumens. Don't know how it will stack against BenQ TK850 or HT3550. Not many reviews.
Epson uses LCD chips. It is a different technology unlike the one employed with color wheels. It is superior in rendering color lumens. No rainbows, too. And can be super bright. The replacement bulbs are also reasonable priced compared to DLP counterparts.

Epson 3800 is equivalent to tw7100 in India. Bright and with 4K upscaling. You can choose that, too. In fact I prefer Epson. Try 9xxx series. The blacks are only behind JVC & Sony.

I had a bad experience with Epson eh tw6100. Even after using the lamp on echo mode it went bust in 13-14 months. The replacement cost was INR 20k. Not something that I was expecting from a premium pj. Hence I went with Benq this time.

Hi posting some more images from animation movie Onward. These were taken in the dark with a very budget phone (Asus) and resized by 50 percent to allow uploading. You can see the vibrancy of colors, sharpnessIMG_20201007_225552.jpg and the contrast. Also I had not paused the movie but took snaps on the fly.
IMG_20201007_214250.jpgWith this image i couldnt make out the difference between my LG OLED c9 and the pj. IMG_20201007_225558.jpgIMG_20201007_225513.jpg

I will try and do an A/B comparison between the LG OLED C9 just to see the differences in image and post the pictures here. Will use same image/ scene for both.

Hi posting some more images from animation movie Onward. These were taken in the dark with a very budget phone (Asus) and resized by 50 percent to allow uploading. You can see the vibrancy of colors, sharpnessView attachment 51056 and the contrast. Also I had not paused the movie but took snaps on the fly.
View attachment 51055With this image i couldnt make out the difference between my LG OLED c9 and the pj. View attachment 51053View attachment 51054
How many inches screen are you projecting ?

Regards
Srikar

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back