BenQ W1070/W1250 and W1080ST Firmware discussions

Hey guys, I just tried upgrading my firmware from 1.00 to 1.05 on the W1080ST. I followed the directions to the letter. Everything worked and checksum went ok. Now the projector is stuck with a solid red power led and won't turn on. Help! Any ideas?

Edit: tried both flashing methods : usb and rs232. Both no longer work. I bought a flashing tool for the memory chip on the main board of the projector. The chip in mine is the EN29PL064 which is an 8MB EPROM chip. I will try dumping the chip and then flashing it when I receive the tool to do so. I would appreciate any type of input on performing this procedure as it will be my first hands on EPROM programming experience.

i would suggest if its new and under warranty then go for a replacement from company rather opening it up and trying custom ROM or something not supported by the company.

Hello, Yesterday I upgraded to 1.04 to 1.06. Now I would like to upgrade to 1.08. Could you please confirm that the procedure is the same as firmware 1.06?
Is skip Boot Loader Area is still to select to 32 KB?

Is the FlashDeviceParameters.txt is the same as 1.06 too or is it a specific file for 1.08?

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Dear, Golfwhizard!
How did you do it? I have same problem, can you help me?

The flashdeviceparameters.txt are in the download tool file. Click on the download tool and it will be right below it. Right click to Copy them then paste them to the dlp composer on the c drive. (It is under programs x86 DLP Composer on your C drive.)

Hope you get it. It a must for sbs 3d viewing.

Hi,

The W1300 projector model is also very similar to the W1070 and W1080ST. Basically the same internals with a longer zoom.

Similarly to the W1070 when it was released (only in Europe, at the moment), it lacked support for 3D modes like SBS 1080p 24/60.

Now a new firmware v. 102 (in fact, the first publicly available) has been posted in the Benq ftp:

ftp://62.141.76.120/driver/projectors/w1300/

login: 1300
password: password

I do not know the changelog but it is likely that it incorporates some of the adds given to the W1070 and, later to the W1080ST.

Does anyone have more information?

Hi all
Had purchased a W1080ST PJ ,& I found its FW was 1.02 so I started to updated to a 1.05 but when I hit start downloading icon the massage below popped:

6T8Jp.bmp

There is only one option to hit "OK" so I did it & the downloading starts till completed & the lamp changed to orange & the PJ work normally & fine with a new FW 1.05 but am wondering what did that mean ? any help

Hi,

The W1300 projector model is also very similar to the W1070 and W1080ST. Basically the same internals with a longer zoom.

Similarly to the W1070 when it was released (only in Europe, at the moment), it lacked support for 3D modes like SBS 1080p 24/60.

Now a new firmware v. 102 (in fact, the first publicly available) has been posted in the Benq ftp:

ftp://62.141.76.120/driver/projectors/w1300/

login: 1300
password: password

I do not know the changelog but it is likely that it incorporates some of the adds given to the W1070 and, later to the W1080ST.

Does anyone have more information?

Does somebody know where to get that "HidDlp Flash Tool" ?

This may not have as much to do with the firmware but seeing your knowledge on such, I figured this would be the thread to ask in...

I received my W1070 in the mail about 2 weeks ago and since then it has managed to turn itself off 5-6 times due to overheating. After doing some research (actually I found none that helped) I decided to update the firmware to 1.06, which I did last night with no issues. However my overheating problem still persists. I have the projector mounted about 4.5" below the ceiling with an all aluminum PCMD projector mount. After the first time it overheated I drilled holes in my projector mount to allow the heat to dissipate a little easier but nothing seems to help. After 4-5 hours the projector will shut itself off (thank goodness).

I have contemplated an external PC fan to help circulate air but I read if not done correctly it could blow dust in unnatural spaces inside the PJ.

Anyone have experience with this or have some knowledge on it? I would certainly appreciate it!

-Zach

This may not have as much to do with the firmware but seeing your knowledge on such, I figured this would be the thread to ask in...

I received my W1070 in the mail about 2 weeks ago and since then it has managed to turn itself off 5-6 times due to overheating. After doing some research (actually I found none that helped) I decided to update the firmware to 1.06, which I did last night with no issues. However my overheating problem still persists. I have the projector mounted about 4.5" below the ceiling with an all aluminum PCMD projector mount. After the first time it overheated I drilled holes in my projector mount to allow the heat to dissipate a little easier but nothing seems to help. After 4-5 hours the projector will shut itself off (thank goodness).

I have contemplated an external PC fan to help circulate air but I read if not done correctly it could blow dust in unnatural spaces inside the PJ.

Anyone have experience with this or have some knowledge on it? I would certainly appreciate it!

-Zach

After placing a fan near the projector my overheating problems went away. I just ordered this:

Thermaltake Mobile Fan II External USB Cooling Fan Specs (USB fan) - Cooling - CNET Reviews

to help with the cooling. My question is, will the mini usb prot on the back support the power needed to power this fan? My knowledge on this is very limited, obviously. I did read this on the Benq W1070 on C|net:

1 x Component video input - RCA phono x 3,
1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN,
1 x Audio line-in - Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm,
2 x HDMI - 19 pin HDMI Type A,
1 x Serial RS-232 - 9 pin mini-DIN ( Management ),
1 x USB - Mini-USB Type B ( Management ),
1 x VGA input - 15 pin D-Sub (DB-15),
1 x Audio line-in - RCA phono x 2,
1 x Audio line-out - Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm,
1 x Composite video input - RCA

The usb port says it is management. I'm guessing they say this because it is the way you upload firmware? Does it have a power output? I have no idea how to figure this out. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks again

Hey guys, I just tried upgrading my firmware from 1.00 to 1.05 on the W1080ST. I followed the directions to the letter. Everything worked and checksum went ok. Now the projector is stuck with a solid red power led and won't turn on. Help! Any ideas?

Edit: tried both flashing methods : usb and rs232. Both no longer work. I bought a flashing tool for the memory chip on the main board of the projector. The chip in mine is the EN29PL064 which is an 8MB EPROM chip. I will try dumping the chip and then flashing it when I receive the tool to do so. I would appreciate any type of input on performing this procedure as it will be my first hands on EPROM programming experience.

Hi,please tel me how you resolved the problem,i have the same trouble.Thank you.

Hi,
just got my brand new W1070 from a Swedish online dealer, and I'm glad to say it has firmware 1.08 pre-installed and can do 3D both Top Bottom and Side By Side in 1080/60p (I've tried). I also got a remote with backlight.

They added a 3D video timing table separately (attached), but as I said, according to my test 1080/60p can do SBS 3D. Which is good, as that is the default mode when connecting from my MacBook Air. So the ***** should really be Top Bottom and Side by Side

Attachments

• bild.jpg
    bild.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 82
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back