BenQ W1070/W1250 and W1080ST Firmware discussions

Hello Norpan,

I just joined this forum and saw ur post reg: w1070. First of all congrats on ur purchase. I too got my PJ this weekend along with a Benq 3d glass as FIFA offer. I have upgraded the firmware from 1.05 to 1.08 successfully. One question I have is regarding the remote control. I have received a remote control with "red" backlit. And its not detected by the PJ. I wonder if this is the exact remote control. Did you also receive the remote control with red backlit ? My understanding was that w1070's remote is not a backlit one.

Thanks
Vipin

B][/B]
Hi,
just got my brand new W1070 from a Swedish online dealer, and I'm glad to say it has firmware 1.08 pre-installed and can do 3D both Top Bottom and Side By Side in 1080/60p (I've tried). I also got a remote with backlight.

They added a 3D video timing table separately (attached), but as I said, according to my test 1080/60p can do SBS 3D. Which is good, as that is the default mode when connecting from my MacBook Air. So the ***** should really be Top Bottom and Side by Side

Hello Shivam, thanks for your reply. I have successfully updated the firmware and its shows 1.08 from the settings menu and I can even play SBS 1080/60p mkv as well.

Checked the remote control version and it is RC01. Did little bit of google and found its for W1500. Not sure if this is the same remote supplied for w1070 as well.

The flashdeviceparameters.txt are in the download tool file. Click on the download tool and it will be right below it. Right click to Copy them then paste them to the dlp composer on the c drive. (It is under programs x86 DLP Composer on your C drive.)

Hope you get it. It a must for sbs 3d viewing.

Like the other member I followed directions (upgraded from 1.06 to 1.08 before succesfully) and I assume if you have no USB connection after a failed downgrade(firmware 1.08 fan speed was to slow and caused overheating issues wanted 1.07) with a constant red light your pretty much out of luck then? Or unless you have the Benq W series service tool. The parameters file was not uploaded but the firmware was.

Any help would be appreciated.

I CAN not get the red led on my 1080. any solution? i plugged it out, hold power+auto and plugged it while holding, but it boots up and stays green

Hey, I got my W1070 remote control replaced. Maaan....the new one is tooo small !!! I got the firmware upgraded to 1.08 and got the extra 3D support...however due to the slow fan speed the projector gets over heated in 3 hours of usage and goes for auto shutdown. Mmmm, Rolled back to 1.02...Need to see if there is any fix for this over heating issue. Other wise I have to turn on the "High Altitude" mode.

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble getting the w1070 to get recognized in windows. I have it hooked up via the mini/usb connection and I have tried it in vista and windows 7 but nothing. I have gone under and installed the DLP device drivers but still nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for all the helpful W1080ST firmware update information.

I'm hoping to update to v1.05 but can't download the files from the ftp link posted in this thread. Does anyone know whether this link still works, or if the username/password has been changed?

I'd be grateful for any info that would enable me to download the W1080ST v1.05 firmware.

Slightly off topic question.

Do any of you have a lens cap for your Projector ?
I have a BenQ 1080ST , I wish they provided a lens cap so that dust does not accumulate.

If you have procured an after market one please do let me know the details .

Thanks
Fillmore

Is benq 1070 is better than epson 6100? What about rainbow effects? Is benq 3d is better than epson 6100? How to choose between benq 1070 & epson 6100.
Ofcourse price of 1070 is wow factor .plz guide me to select beteen 1070 & 6100. Is demo of benq 1070 is available in bangalore?
Plz help me.

Hi everybody! I'm new here and i must say i am in great despair!
I followed the steps on the updating of my Benq w1080st+. everything went ok until the download completed. But after that i lost connection with my laptop/Benq and the download mode never stopped! Nothing happened, it never came back to normal (orange Led).
I already unplugged it....
What should i do now? Please do not tell me i just broke it.
Any advises would be great.
Thank you for your assistance and for this very clear blog!

Why is it that BenQ does not offer any firmware upgrade options on their official site ?
All the upgrade instructions and files are via unofficial channels.

I have a BenQ W1080ST My current firmware ver is 1.04.
So far didn't feel the need to upgrade my firmware.

Hello Everybody,

I am new here. I search the w1070 1,08 firmware but I did not find the download link but instructions and needing softwares only.

Could anybody help me?

I am very THX

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back