Best 1 Box CD Player in the World ???

Hi,
From the limited i have had the good fortune of listening to the Accuphase DP 700 stands out. IMO even the DP 400/500 are damn good
From what i have read Burmester Ref 069?? A friend of mine who has heard it claims its the 'best ever'. Better than any esoteric,ARC,MBL...... etc etc
Rgds

Last edited:
The Burmester 069 I have heard - yes it is a good CD Player.
Are the Teac 1 box players that good ?
The Accuphase DP 700 is in stock ?
I would love to listen to it......
I am sure it must be good.

Hi Shanti,
At boomarang i have heard the Accu DP 400 and the Sim SuperNova recently. Was told that the Distributor had imported the 500/700 too. Had heard the DP 700 a while ago when on a holiday and to me its more than a cdp i can ever need or crave.
Teac that had heard was not in great shape and was offered as a shop soiled unit for sale but i remember liking the sound a great deal.

Burmester/MBL i have never seen or heard.

Shanti u are the best person I can think of and am hence shooting this to you. How would u compare the marantz SA 7 to these 'super cdps' as these are available at attractive prices and the SA 11S2 that i heard was a really smooth sounding/well built unit.

Rgds

I dream to own this someday....

sa7s1-top.jpg

Hey Unleash,

At the prices that are being offered (grey) this need not be a distant dream!!!

Rgds

thevortex sent u a PM as i am a little jittery mentioning these grey prices in an open forum. I have made this mistake in the past and am hence careful now.
Rgds

Hey Unleash,

At the prices that are being offered (grey) this need not be a distant dream!!!

Rgds

Hello Dinyaar, am aware of that mate. Infact couple of times, i was this close of getting one. BUT unfortunately one fine sunday morning, my better half got this revelation that she has had it enough and gave me an ultimatum. So lot of my upgrade plans are now on hold:sad:

Anyways regarding the player, many might not find it the best out there. But I love this player. Marantz got its signature house sound, and this one does it the best!

If i have only one vote & won't sy that i've heard them all.
IMO the Bow Tech ZZ8 is the best,
the new 2009 version is even better.
Cheers

Last edited:
There is no best.

BUT...

here are a few musical and amazing players that I would consider to be some of the best (I've heard them all in my own system...some long term demo's and I owned the ones with a * next to them)

In no particular order:
1) Reimyo CDP-777* (Loved this the best)
2) AMR CD-77
3) Meridian 808.2i*
4) EAR Acute (not heard in my own system, but in Robert Levi's system who happens to be my neighbour. http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue27/acute.htm )
5) dCS Puccini*
6) Cary 306 Professional *
7) Modwright Sony 9100ES Truth Mods
8) Sony 999ES/9000ES Signature Truth Mods
9) Exemplar Denon 3910
10) APL NWO 3.0 (with the 32bit AKM Dacs) *

Now I've moved completely away from a disc based setup to an external Reimyo DAP-777 Dac (upgraded by David Schulte, upgrade company).
This is fed by a Red Wine USB Select device (powered by a Red Wine battery power supply). Digital interconnect between the USB Select and Reimyo is a Furutech Audio Reference III Digital cable. This is the best / most musical digital I have had in my system.

All this is running through iTunes (3 terabytes of music in AIFF format stored on a Firewire Data Robotics Drobo). Basically all the music I could ever want on my fingertips. Computer transports are the way of the future in my opinion...silver discs will lead to an eminent end as download speeds and content are built up. ;)

The Naim CD555 perhaps? Not that I've heard one, mind you, but at $28,150, the price seems to be just right for the world's best... :eek:hyeah:

The Naim CD555 perhaps? Not that I've heard one, mind you, but at $28,150, the price seems to be just right for the world's best... :eek:hyeah:

The editor of Tone Audio publication actually owns that unit. He loves it.
TONEAudio MAGAZINE | The e-journal of analog and digital sound

Frankly speaking, I would purchase a $5k to $6k turntable setup that would completely smoke anything digital out there. Vinyl is really the absolute best that I've heard and digital just has a long way to get there.

The closest thing in digital to Vinyl would probably be the Reimyo CDP-777, AMR CD77 and the EAR Acute that I've heard....but throw on a good 180g Audiophile pressing and the king is definitely vinyl.

What in your opinion is the 'best' 1 box CD Player in the World ?

:eek:

An answer to this question would require certain constraints to be put in place, such as price, listening pleasures, other components in the system etc.

having said that, some of the best I have heard in different settings are:

Accuphase
Arcam (yes this can play with the big boys sometimes)
Cambridge Audio
Cary
Linn
Naim &
Teac

Hi,
Marsilians will surely clarify which Arcam.

In my opinion the Arcam FMJ CD37 is the player to beat in the sub 1L category. Far better than the 'sonic superstar' the CD192. Dare i say it is ever so slightly deviated from the 'Arcam sound' and the results are all good. The most balanced, organised cdp at the price.

I hope Marsilians is referring to the same cdp:D

Somebody I know has just got a meridian 808 signature and am very eager to hear it this weekend.
Rgds

Hi,
Marsilians will surely clarify which Arcam.

In my opinion the Arcam FMJ CD37 is the player to beat in the sub 1L category. Far better than the 'sonic superstar' the CD192. Dare i say it is ever so slightly deviated from the 'Arcam sound' and the results are all good. The most balanced, organised cdp at the price.

I hope Marsilians is referring to the same cdp:D

Somebody I know has just got a meridian 808 signature and am very eager to hear it this weekend.
Rgds

Dinyaar,
Gow much difference is there in redbook cd playback quality between the cd17 and 37 ? I understand the cd 37 is a SACD player.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back