Best 1 TB HDD with rice..

Reju, I thank you very much for the great information on the external hard disks, these are without the power adaptor right?. I will buy tomorrow on these lines and it is interesting to note that these series are a compliment to WDTV design.

So the prices which you had mentioned earlier, they are cheap because they were bare hard disk, without casing and were with a power adaptor? Please importantly guide me on this.

Thank you.

Vinay.

Reju, I thank you very much for the great information on the external hard disks, these are without the power adaptor right?. I will buy tomorrow on these lines and it is interesting to note that these series are a compliment to WDTV design.

So the prices which you had mentioned earlier, they are cheap because they were bare hard disk, without casing and were with a power adaptor? Please importantly guide me on this.

Thank you.

Vinay.

Hi Vinay, yes these prices are for 2.5" portable external HDD without power adapters.You can check on WD website how they look.

Later I was also quoted by another dealer: Rs. 5150 for WD Element (500GB) and Seagate 500 GB @ 5250. These are also without power adapters.

Portable Overview

WD My book Essential Edition - 1Tb is 3.5" (bigger than laptop) WITH casing and comes with power adapters. They are cheaper only because they are much bigger in size.

Desktop Overview

Reju, thanks for the link and detailed information.

I will buy tomorrow these 2.5" portable external HDD without power adapters

1. WD My Passport Essential 500GB
2. WD My Passport Essential 320GB
3. WDTV

I shall keep you posted.

Thank you again.

Vinay.

Reju, thanks for the link and detailed information.

I will buy tomorrow these 2.5" portable external HDD without power adapters

1. WD My Passport Essential 500GB
2. WD My Passport Essential 320GB
3. WDTV

I shall keep you posted.

Thank you again.

Vinay.

So Vinay, what did you finally buy?
Are you all set to conquer the HD world?:licklips:

Reju, i bought wdtv and two external hard disks which you suggested in 500 & 250GB, i paid 6,600/-, 5,000/-, 3,200/-.

I thank you and others for the help offered.

Vinay.

Reju, i bought wdtv and two external hard disks which you suggested in 500 & 250GB, i paid 6,600/-, 5,000/-, 3,200/-.

I thank you and others for the help offered.

Vinay.

Good prices for the WDTV & HDDs, can you specify the models and from where you bought them?

Reju, if you need any more details then please do tell me.

1. My passport essential, portable hard drive, 500 gb, model wd5000me-01

2. My passport essential, portable hard drive, 250gb, model wd2500me-01

3. WDTV, model wd00avp

I will tell you the shop's name with phone number tomorrow, i bought from lamington road, i visited at least 15 shops, and then i was able to get this price. Are the models okay which i bought, please guide me.

Thanks.

Vinay.

Contact Information For WDTV & Hard Disk

Reju,

The external hard disk seller's contact number is 23889905/9321412326 while WDTV's number is 2389916/66587444/6595. They are located at Lamington Road.

I am confident that the price could be more cheaper, if one puts more efforts.

Please let me know if some more information is required.

Thanks again for the help provided.

Vinay.

Last edited:
Re: Contact Information For WDTV & Hard Disk

Reju,

The external hard disk seller's contact number is 23889905/9321412326 while WDTV's number is 2389916/66587444/6595. They are located at Lamington Road.

I am confident that the price could be more cheaper, if one puts more efforts.

Please let me know if some more information is required.

Thanks again for the help provided.

Vinay.
Thanks, can you also please mention the names of the shop/ persons?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back