Best 120 inch screen (except Panoview) around 15000INR ?

Guys

I rejoiced too soon :( After transferring the money and waiting for a week, the paramount guy walked out saying his Panoview stock is damaged so he cant ship! I hope I get my money back - I will post the story as it unfolds.

Meanwhile I am back to square one looking for a good quality 16:9 120 inch screen (no Grandview dealer has offered 16:9 so far, all have offered 4:3)

If any one knows a dealer with Panoview stock or something else in the 15k range please let me know

Thanks
Manish

Manish i was in a similar fix like you are now. I was planning to buy a 135" diagonal manual pull down screen
16:9 screen, i was evern ready to buy Dalite to, but was not able to get hands on one.

Finally i went for a 150" 4:3 Grandview and i am happy with the performance. I just pull it down till the length i need and i watch the movies.

Manish i was in a similar fix like you are now. I was planning to buy a 135" diagonal manual pull down screen
16:9 screen, i was evern ready to buy Dalite to, but was not able to get hands on one.

Finally i went for a 150" 4:3 Grandview and i am happy with the performance. I just pull it down till the length i need and i watch the movies.

bad luck buddy..but never mind, it was a calculated risk.. hopefully you will get back the amount..there is the option of travelling to secunderabad if there are problems..

coming back to the original problem..
in the 15k bracket galalite/zoher are the available options in fixed frame..

i wd still recommend you to get a manual pulldown assembled at your home..the screen fabric would be your choice..
if u decide to go the assembling route let me know..

any one heard of this Projection Screen Delhi Projector Screen Suppliers Manufacturers Delhi India ?

I spoke to a guy this morning for fixed frame. was quoted 14k including aluminium frame and black bordering. For fabric, they use Draper matte white fabric imported from US.

Spoke with Gulsan - 9811862781

The site seems ok and worth spending the extra 2k.
If you do a DIY then Draper Matt White would around 7k and Carpenter Cost 2k with Wooden Frame,Foam,Glue, 3k

Yup, plus the 14k is the price quoted on phone with no bargaining at all.
And, the fram is not wooden.. its aluminium
Just be sure that the material provided to you is indeed Draper.. I have seen similar looking chinese fabrics as cheap as Rs 30 per sq ft, but the color reproduction is not the same.. best way, tell him to provide you sample fabrics with the cost associated, check the PQ with ur prj on these, choose the one u feel produces best PQ and keep those with you at the time of installation to cross check..

Given my tight schedule it is very unlikely I will go DYI route. I will take a grandview 16:9 if it is available in Bangalore. No delaer has offered it so far

I think Paramount systems refunded my money but the whole experience left a bad taste in mouth

Regards

Dear friends

If you know of a dealer in bangalore or a closer city who can supply a decent 120 inch 16:9 manual pull down screen readily please let me know, I will be grateful to you

Regards
Maniish

Dear friends

If you know of a dealer in bangalore or a closer city who can supply a decent 120 inch 16:9 manual pull down screen readily please let me know, I will be grateful to you

Regards
Maniish

Manish,
Please look into the Zoher/galalite option.. they have the stock available for manual pulldown..
check the grandview thread also..

Just be sure that the material provided to you is indeed Draper.. I have seen similar looking chinese fabrics as cheap as Rs 30 per sq ft, but the color reproduction is not the same.. best way, tell him to provide you sample fabrics with the cost associated, check the PQ with ur prj on these, choose the one u feel produces best PQ and keep those with you at the time of installation to cross check..

Yes, lot of fake stuff out there, be careful on that part.

How do I know if its fake? Anyway to test it..?

How do I know if its fake? Anyway to test it..?

I dont think you can easily check it, as the difference will be mainly on the build quality of the screen material, but the PQ will be same for atleast 1 year, it again depends on the quality of the material. The chances for fake ones for these kind of branded screens are high. Its better get it from US somehow. I got my 115" Draper Luma Pull-Down screen from US through 20North.

It makes it pretty tough to know then..

I got my draper material from a trusted source.. I initially mailed to International Regional Manager of Draper Inc in US who gave me the official distributers address here in Delhi,India. I had a word with the guy in Delhi, who very frankly told me that they do not assemble screens, rather provide complete end to end acoustic/theatre solutions.. but he gave me the contact for another guy who gets the draper stuff from him and sells it to other resellers..

I dont think you can easily check it, as the difference will be mainly on the build quality of the screen material, but the PQ will be same for atleast 1 year, it again depends on the quality of the material. The chances for fake ones for these kind of branded screens are high. Its better get it from US somehow. I got my 115" Draper Luma Pull-Down screen from US through 20North.

cmsajith,
how much did that cost you total, if you can share the break up of the cost by actual cost and delivery cost, that'll be even better

cmsajith,
how much did that cost you total, if you can share the break up of the cost by actual cost and delivery cost, that'll be even better

Mine is a 115" 4:3 Pull Down screen (106" 16:9 equivalent).

Following is the url from 20North:
Draper Luma, NTSC Format Manual Wall or Ceiling Mounted Projection Screen, 69" x 92", 115" Diagonal, Fiberglass Matte White. < More Accessories < Camera Photo & Video < Electronics : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

If you are specific for a 106" 16:9 screen
Draper Screen Luma 106" Dia. < Electronics : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

I got it for a surprise amount due to a small fault from 20North (during their initial days). It actually weighs ~12kg, but they wrongly entered as .12 and the shipping cost was only 281, on pointing out they rectified it, but they offered me for the same price as it was their fault and I informed them so that they could prevent any further loss. So I got it for ~9K when the actual price was ~17K.:)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back