Best 120 inch screen (except Panoview) around 15000INR ?

manishk13

Hi

As I wrote in other threads, Panoview is no longer available in India and I am not too satisfied with the build quality of Grandview

People who have bought screen recently - can you please recommend a good screen and a good dealer in bangalore. I will get Grandview only if there is no other alternative

Pls dont recommend Panoview as it is not available anymore

Pls help

Manish

Manish, starting more threads is not gonna help buddy:). Just bump the same thread to get attention. Go for Grandview, many members here are happy with it. Did you check out Centervision/Hansa_Pics for the Grandview?

Santosh, I looked at GV at Subhash's place and we both agreed that Panoview's build is better.

Santani, no I have not looked Dalite. Any contacts ?

Santosh, I looked at GV at Subhash's place and we both agreed that Panoview's build is better.

Santani, no I have not looked Dalite. Any contacts ?

ARN Systems website shows that they carry Dalite. You may want to contact them. I am in the same boat and plan to contact ARN.

The last time I was looking for a screen 8 months ago, the dalite was very expensive around 30 for 240x180. I bought a local liberty for the time being, image is okay but the screen is not smooth around the edges.

Well go for dalite if you have the budget for the same otherwise i have mentioned in my other posts that i am using grand view and i am satisfied with the same.

try galalite or zoher..
companies based in mumbai..

there is another dealer based in secundrabad who might still have some stock for panoview.. although there is no feedback available for him
Check my post here for the details..
http://www.hifivision.com/dealer-feedback-review/2926-av-dealers-hyderabad-2.html

Another option.. although would need some effort..
purchase the fabric and get a carpenter to build a manual pull down, or maybe negotiate with ur dealers for a screen without fabric..

Manish u can contach Mridul from our forum he deals with Dalite screens. Send him the PM.

Mridul also deals with grandview and other screens.

So ideal is to get in touch with him as he will help you in making the right decision.

Thanks guys. I have found the Dalite are way too expensive in the 25-30 k range.

BTW, strangely ALL the Bangalore dealers I contacted - none them had a 16:9 aspect ratio 120 inch Grandview manull pull down

Waiting for an angel to appear ;)

Manish

Thanks guys. I have found the Dalite are way too expensive in the 25-30 k range.

BTW, strangely ALL the Bangalore dealers I contacted - none them had a 16:9 aspect ratio 120 inch Grandview manull pull down

Waiting for an angel to appear ;)

Manish

Did you try Centrevision? AFAIK, they are the distributors for Grandview (I saw a certificate at their office to that affect).

If you don't get 16:9 in 120 inch anywhere, only then, buy the 135 inch 4:3 screen and roll only the required length. If you buy 120 inch 4:3, you will get a smaller 16:9 image because the width of the 120 inch 4:3 is lesser than the width of the 120 inch 16:9. Your room is quite large, you definitely need 120 inch or more in 16:9 format.

Hi Santosh

Thanks for the all the guidance so far. The good news is that today I tracked down a dealer in Secunderabad (thanks to guidance by another member) with a Panoview 16:9 120 inch manual pull down. Fingers crossed, I will have it shipped tomorrow as today is sunday

People who want his details can PM me. I will post it after ordering if all goes well ;)

Regards
Manish

Hi Santosh

Thanks for the all the guidance so far. The good news is that today I tracked down a dealer in Secunderabad (thanks to guidance by another member) with a Panoview 16:9 120 inch manual pull down. Fingers crossed, I will have it shipped tomorrow as today is sunday

People who want his details can PM me. I will post it after ordering if all goes well ;)

Regards
Manish

if that other member is me, and the dealer is paramount systems..then just a word of caution.. i didn't find any post on our forums mentioning of him..
also the price offered by him is quite attractive..
post your feedback once the deal is through..
good luck..

Hi

Indeed it is Paramount and thanks a bunch to you for the guidance

Yes, there is no review but whats life without some risk :) Specially as no on in BLR has it. I spoke to the guy (Prasad I think) and he seemed professional on phone, was courteous , understood my urget requirement and even called me back later from the office that he had stock left. He promised to take my order tomorow and ship. I think he quoted around 12,500 for shipping to Kalasipalayam from where we have to pick. So on phone all sounded ok and seems worth the risk

I think I will take the risk and see how it goes

Thanks a bunch for his contact as I wanted this screen rightaway

Regards
Manish

Hi

Indeed it is Paramount and thanks a bunch to you for the guidance

Yes, there is no review but whats life without some risk :) Specially as no on in BLR has it. I spoke to the guy (Prasad I think) and he seemed professional on phone, was courteous , understood my urget requirement and even called me back later from the office that he had stock left. He promised to take my order tomorow and ship. I think he quoted around 12,500 for shipping to Kalasipalayam from where we have to pick. So on phone all sounded ok and seems worth the risk

I think I will take the risk and see how it goes

Thanks a bunch for his contact as I wanted this screen rightaway

Regards
Manish

glad that the contact no i shared could be of use..
i was in the same boat around 3 months back when i was searching for fixed frame screens, found listing on one of renowned trading websites..
but didn't get any feedback..my case was slightly different than yours.. u can always catch an overnight train to secunderabad in case anything goes wrong..which shouldn't..fingers crossed..
if ur deal goes through.. i know there are several members waiting for panoview 120" stock..:)

The dalite screens are expensive but their quality in all respects is very good no wonder they are world leader in screens. :licklips:

V.

u can look for Da-Lite screen. It's very good but on the expensive side. You can contact Mridul for further information.

I second Vinay on that Dalite is really good, but unfortunately the budget and availability are the 2 constraints that come into play. If you have the budget nothing can beat Dalite.

Guys

I rejoiced too soon :( After transferring the money and waiting for a week, the paramount guy walked out saying his Panoview stock is damaged so he cant ship! I hope I get my money back - I will post the story as it unfolds.

Meanwhile I am back to square one looking for a good quality 16:9 120 inch screen (no Grandview dealer has offered 16:9 so far, all have offered 4:3)

If any one knows a dealer with Panoview stock or something else in the 15k range please let me know

Thanks
Manish

Guys

I rejoiced too soon :( After transferring the money and waiting for a week, the paramount guy walked out saying his Panoview stock is damaged so he cant ship! I hope I get my money back - I will post the story as it unfolds.

Meanwhile I am back to square one looking for a good quality 16:9 120 inch screen (no Grandview dealer has offered 16:9 so far, all have offered 4:3)

If any one knows a dealer with Panoview stock or something else in the 15k range please let me know

Thanks
Manish

Tough luck Manish. I hope all goes well with your refund.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back